Question about Ravens Texans postponement

yomop1212

Post by yomop1212 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:01 am

Hello,

Since some have the Ravens D or Kickers on either team, would it be an idea to open up free agent bidding for Kickers and D? If you have a WR or RB you can use your bench and substitute someone in. If you have 1 kicker or D your stuck with a 0 unless you had an extra D or kicker. Please advise

Thanks,
Jeff

GOD Hates You

Post by GOD Hates You » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:17 am

NO

richieprimo

Post by richieprimo » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:22 am

Never happen. It would be impossible for Greg and Tom to contact everyone it would apply to on such short notice.

Shyte...the NLF still hasn't figured out a solution yet.
Paying Top Dollar For All 12 and 10 cent Superhero Comics. Send PM...You may have money packed in your garage or attic.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:40 am

I will bet good money that everyone will be SOL if the game does not get played this week and if I were a fantasy operator that is exactly how I would rule.

1) The owners could not forsee this situation, it is a natural disaster

2) Any of the proposed solutions would create just as much controversy or "unfairness"

3) Owners had the option to carry multiple players at every position to protect themselves. I understand the "defenses are different" argument, but everyone still had the option.

4) The waiver wire just ran yesterday and if we had all been thinking clearly, we would have protected our teams.

I can certainly understand all of the personal biases. I will be impacted in several leagues if this happens, but I just don't see how any other ruling will happen!

[ September 13, 2008, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Big MO ]
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:51 am

SNAKE, please grow a brain,Oh I'm sorry your a REPTILE.answer: NO WAY IN HELL. P.S. MBIII still waiting to hear from GRAND MA MA..AKA SPINELESS REPTILE

renman

Post by renman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:07 am

I do not propose that this is the only answer but the initial post starting this topic is at least a reasonable idea. The goal is always fairness. It would not be "fair" for teams to be stuck with no kicker or defense this week because of an unforseen situation like this. Most good fantasy owners carry one kicker and one defense outside of the weeks in and around byes. When the NFL moved this game to Monday there was no way to imagine the game would later be cancelled.

I do not see what would be so hard to allow teams in this situation the opportunity to pick up $1 kickers or defenses to cover for this one week. I do not see how this could be considered "unfair" since these would be kickers and defenses that no team in the league even bid on. I know if I were playing against a team in this situation I would want them to have that opportunity in the spirit of fairness. I am not one of those people who gets off on beating someone on a situation like this.

Hopefully the NFL will figure out a way to get this game played this week, maybe at an alternative setting or Houston area college stadium and the problem can be solved and fairness can prevail.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 am

Originally posted by renman:
I do not propose that this is the only answer but the initial post starting this topic is at least a reasonable idea. The goal is always fairness. It would not be "fair" for teams to be stuck with no kicker or defense this week because of an unforseen situation like this. Most good fantasy owners carry one kicker and one defense outside of the weeks in and around byes. When the NFL moved this game to Monday there was no way to imagine the game would later be cancelled.

I do not see what would be so hard to allow teams in this situation the opportunity to pick up $1 kickers or defenses to cover for this one week. I do not see how this could be considered "unfair" since these would be kickers and defenses that no team in the league even bid on. I know if I were playing against a team in this situation I would want them to have that opportunity in the spirit of fairness. I am not one of those people who gets off on beating someone on a situation like this.

Hopefully the NFL will figure out a way to get this game played this week, maybe at an alternative setting or Houston area college stadium and the problem can be solved and fairness can prevail. I also hope the game is played at an alternate site. On the surface the idea of opening up the waiver wire for affected teams sounds reasonable, but it would open up a huge can of worms.

Is it just for Def and K? TE, how about the team that has Mason, Andre and Walter? Where do you draw the line?

What about the team that starts complaining at 12:05 tomorrow because Tom and Greg didn't get in contact with them?

SOL...and in the grand scheme of things, these are very petty concerns when you think about the people without homes or who have lost loved ones.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:22 am

i do not agree. this was not a surprise. there was a chance that this game might not take place dispite some of our experts saying this never happened before. if a team picks up a $1 kicker and he scores 20 points to beat a team that is not right either. people should have had a plan yesterday to pick up a kicker or def.this storm was not a surprise.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Samlawyer

Post by Samlawyer » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:22 am

Silver lining for McGahee owners (like me): he should be good to go after this hurricane-induced early bye week.