Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:35 am

Be here.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

I'll Chat Today At 2 PM ET

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:00 am

All right folks, bring your questions, comments and let's have ourselves some fun this afternoon. We can talk about anything - fantasy football, the NFFC, why you should buy the latest issue of FHM, whatever is on your mind. Let's go.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Peter Haiti

Post by Peter Haiti » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:25 am

alright tom, 5th pick, NFFC scoring. assuming AD, MJD and Forte are gone, is chris johnson your no-brainer pick?

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:25 am

Tom - give us the local view on the Packers running game....

1) Is the O line improved? to what degree?

2) Will Ryan Grant be a Top 15 RB this season?

3) What does the coaching staff think of Brandon Jackson? will he be more involved in the offense this year or just backing up Grant?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

Originally posted by The Dalai Lama Himself:
alright tom, 5th pick, NFFC scoring. assuming AD, MJD and Forte are gone, is chris johnson your no-brainer pick? Yup. Slam dunk pick there in my opinion. I like him above the remaining RBs and the top two WRs (Fitz and Andre Johnson). I could see Johnson catching 50+ passes this season and again topping 10 TDs. And if anything happened to White, you could be looking at the No. 1 player in fantasy. He's that good.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:28 am

Originally posted by Captain Hook:
Tom - give us the local view on the Packers running game....

1) Is the O line improved? to what degree?

2) Will Ryan Grant be a Top 15 RB this season?

3) What does the coaching staff think of Brandon Jackson? will he be more involved in the offense this year or just backing up Grant? I think the the O Line will be better, but not significantly. I think Grant has Top 15 potential. He's a good RB and more importantly, he's not holding out this year. Last year's holdout resulted in the hamstring injury which pretty much ruined him in the first half of the season. I also expect his TDs to increase. I love him as a RB2 with RB1 potential or a RB1 if you load up at WR early or take a QB with one of your first two picks.

I don't get the sense the Packers are all that high on Jackson. I think they realize he is what he is - a decent third-down RB who lacks the talent to be a starter. The guy to keep an eye on there is Wynn. The Packers have been very pleased with him so far. If he has a strong camp, he could push Jackson for the backup job.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Peter Haiti

Post by Peter Haiti » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:34 am

any thoughts on carson palmer? supposedly healthy, tj replaced with coles, chad looking to rebound and a less than stellar running game. potential top-5 QB potential? if not, which QB are you waiting on in mid-rounds that will return top-5 numbers?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:37 am

any thoughts on carson palmer? supposedly healthy, tj replaced with coles, chad looking to rebound and a less than stellar running game. potential top-5 QB potential? if not, which QB are you waiting on in mid-rounds that will return top-5 numbers? I think Palmer will be a solid QB2. On the plus side, their defense is awful so he'll have to throw it a ton. On the slip side, their running game stinks and Chad Johnson looked old and washed up last year. I'm not sure all of that will help Palmer regain his past elite status. But after the Top 10 QBs are gone, I'd definitely look at him as one of the better backups at the position.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Peter Haiti

Post by Peter Haiti » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:43 am

which of the non-elite QBs do you like for top-5 potential?

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:45 am

which of the non-elite QBs do you like for top-5 potential? Schaub and Ryan. Schaub has the talent and the weapons. But he has major durability issues. Ryan also has talent all over the place in Atlanta. The concern I have is Turner will gobble up plenty of TDs inside the 10 so that reduces Ryan's potential to really load up on TDs. But he's very talented and the Falcons should have a dynamic offense.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich