NY NFFC

mkrucek

NY NFFC

Post by mkrucek » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:24 am

Originally posted by jim b.:

tatum bell to me is the key, if he cannot get out of the "prospect" level than I need one of the other 50/50 guys....white, anderson, moats to come thru.....should be fascinating to see it all play out.....always is....

best of luck to all

jim b.

league 5 Ny team 8 Are you saying you expect those 3 backs to be splitting time on a 50/50 basis or that there is a 50/50 chance they see the field?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

jim b.

NY NFFC

Post by jim b. » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:32 am

trust me no one trusts any rb outside the big 3..they all have holes....and s. jackson is no sure thing....picks 4-14 in 1st round are the same to me at rb for the most part....
white, anderson, moats.....just hoping one of the three gets decent playing time....

jb

GriffithVT

NY NFFC

Post by GriffithVT » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:00 pm

Diesel,

Good draft man. I like your team. I had the first pick in your league. Frankly I was not thrilled with my team. LT2, KJ and Gates my first three picks. I followed up with D. Mason, A. Bryant (I know maybe early but I love him) and Reggie Brown.

I think your were in my league the fiest year of NFFC right?

My Corba Kai squad is ready to go I suppose.

Can't believe that a team (3INTBOY) got LT2, Moss and TO on the same team. Lou that is great drafting! If A. Green or Barber comes to play you will be unstoppable. Good seeing you at the draft Lou.

Talk soon and good luck everyone.
Cobra Kai aka Mark
The Gstar!

Peter Haiti

NY NFFC

Post by Peter Haiti » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:18 pm

NY league 8 - Pick #9

1st - Ronnie Brown
2nd - Westbrook
3rd - Mason
4th - F. Taylor
5th - Stallworth
6th - Brady
7th - Burleson
8th - Morency
9th - Toomer
10th - Troupe
11th - Lloyd
12th - Brees
13th - J. Harrison
14th - V. Jackson
15th - Marcus Robinson
16th - Atlanta D
17th - Longwell
18th - Staley

Ecstatic that Brown showed up at 1.09 and Westbrook available at 2.06....I believe that is the latest Westbrook went in NYC.

Good luck to all...

DOOMSDAY

NY NFFC

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:48 am

For the first time I feel like I have no holes in my roster. Picking Peyton last two years left me with no backs. Was gonna take him in round 2 this year but team next to me grabbed him and was ecstatic to land Steve Smith instead.

Her's how it looks from NY5#10...

QB - Bledsoe/Kitna (wk3 vs GB)
RB - Edge
RB - Julius Jones
WR - Steve Smith
WR - Joe Horn
WR - Braylon Edwards
TE - Troupe/Marcedes
K - Janikowski
D - Colts/SD
FLEX - J. Lewis/Deuce/J. Porter
...also Maurice Drew, Eric Parker, and Patrick Clayton to round it out.

I was psyched to see me gauranteed one of my #5/6 RB's in Rudi/Edge as they lasted to picks 8 and 9. The #2 team here also landed LT-Moss-TO! I didn't land any of my handcuffs but still have enough depth if any injuries occur.

King of Queens

NY NFFC

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:04 am

Why is everyone all excited about people getting Moss and Owens in the late 2nd/early 3rd? This isn't 2004 -- for 2006, these guys are classic high risk/high reward picks. Sure, one or both could be a Top 3 WR, but the smart money says that neither one is. Top 10 is more like it, and guess what? They were on average the 7th and 8th receivers taken.

In addition, to anyone doing the paid satellites in late August, this was hardly a surprise. Late 2nd/early 3rd is exactly where they "should have" gone.

MGB MARTY

NY NFFC

Post by MGB MARTY » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:21 am

Totally agree with you King about Moss and TO Personally I think R Wayne will out perform both and I do not have him he went 3.1 I was happy with Gates at 3.4 then got Ward in 4th who also might outperform TO and Moss

Marty

jim b.

NY NFFC

Post by jim b. » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:42 am

king,

what are your thoughts on tatum bell this year....????

jim b.

nice drafting next to you in draft champs....

King of Queens

NY NFFC

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:23 am

Originally posted by jim b.:
what are your thoughts on tatum bell this year....????Friday was fun -- we had a few good laughs!

As far as Tatum Bell goes, can I let you know after this weekend? :D From the way things look right now, it's going to be a repeat of last year. Mike Bell will play the role of Mike Anderson, and Tatum will play the role of Tatum. Shanahan is going to go with the hot hand -- I could even see Cobbs sneaking in the mix (a la Ron Dayne last season).

What does this mean to you? Get ready for a lot of 3 carries for 10 yards performances when you start Tatum, and 15 carries for 130 yards performances when he's on your bench!

Uncle Louie

NY NFFC

Post by Uncle Louie » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:31 am

NY League 4/ 1st pick

QB
Warner
McNair

RB
Larry Johnson
Chester Taylor
Deuce McCalister
Derrick Blaylock