Top 3 disappointments at skill positions thus far

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:28 am

Well said renman. I wrote and said repeatedly for months that the lower part of the first round was the most difficult I've seen it in a very long time (and honestly perhaps ever). This was the first year I can recall where there were a number of players who were going to be on the board who I didn't believe deserved first-round status. As many of you know I'm a strong proponent of the belief that it's not where you draft but who you draft but I do believe this year is a year where winning a championship from the backend of the first round is going to take A LOT of work. It's not impossible (and given how I had a late first-round pick in every league I'm in this year I sure as hell am going to prove it's not impossible :D ) to win from there but it's going to take a lot of work to earn a title from there.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:31 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
Plummer & Jordan are simply and absolutely KILLING owners unfortunate enough to have selected the pair on draft day, especially on the same teamQuite true Snake. It also doesn't help if someone drafted a weak #3 WR, no clear cut #2 RB, and didn't draft for the flex.

It probably isn't their fault though, as who could have seen that coming? ;)

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:15 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Agreed 100% Gekko. The writing was CLEARLY on the wall that Jordan was only going to catch 30-40 catches MAX this year (where his value was last year). I actually know of someone who said they would pass on Rudi Johnson for Cadillac exactly ONE week before draft day! :eek: Of course that same person took Jordan in the 1st round! ;) rudi johnson was the guy i thought had the best chance to break into the top 3 this year. i talked about rudi all preseason with my crew. we chose him with the 6 pick in the main event. too bad i wasted such a talent.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:15 am

Originally posted by renman:
Gekko,

I do not think Caddy or Lamont suck. I think they both find themselves in horrible playing circumstances. agreed. i just shortened it to "they suck". who cares about the semantics?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

gerard

Post by gerard » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:06 pm

lamount jordan has 1 of the worst qb in the nfl
gerard

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:25 pm

I made a big mistake drafting S. Moss and C. Portis. I had heard from a friend that several of the NFL owners were pressuring their coaches to lower the profile of key players. Snyder was in on that conversation. The idea is to keep players longer. The New England Patriots and Pittsburgh Steelers have done this successfully and Snyder wants to revamp the Washington offense to not highlight any player either. The potential salary savings are enormous AND the team does better to boot! Look for more of this in the future as teams realize that star power helps TV contracts for the NFL, but hurts individual teams.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

renman

Post by renman » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:41 am

Billy Waz,

I agree that Jordan if things went well would get 30-40 receptions. But that would put him in the top 3-5 in receptions at his position anyway. If you were drafting 10th, you had to take jordan and hope Art Shell could get that offensive line full of first and second round draft picks to gel and produce in a way that would make Jordans running numbers better.

I researched this and knew jordan would not get the ball as much on dump offs. But if you are drafting 10th-12th who do you take? That was my point. I do not have Jordan in the NFFC, I have him in another event (drafting 10th), but I do have sympathy for those who had to tie their NFFC dreams to Jordan. I actually benched jordan this week for Desmond Clark. I was mocked for this move...lol sadly, I lost anyway...

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Tue Sep 19, 2006 4:04 pm

What is killing me is having TWO underperformers on an otherwise solid team with Delhomme and Cadillac (who I took with pick 13). I am 0-2 by a combined total of 6 points. If just one of them would have had even mediocre games I'd be sitting pretty instead of scratchin' my head in disgust.

tutski

Post by tutski » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:23 am

I DON'T THINK YOU CAN CALL ANYBODY A BUST YET. EXCEPT FOR JORDAN! WE GOT PORTIS PICK 9 ROUND 2 AND IT IS KILLING US SO FAR! BUT I AM NOT WORRIED YET.