Week 1 Thoughts

SS

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by SS » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:50 am

Tom, any new news on Brandon Jackson or VJax? Luckily I have Brandon Jax on 2 of my teams, unfortunately ihave V Jax on 2 of my teams. Lol...

SS
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Nothing new about Brandon Jackson beyond the fact that he's now the guy at RB for the Packers. Whether he'll have any competition is the question. My guess is if Thompson makes a move it will be a smaller-scale one (i.e. Julius Jones) and not a big move (i.e. Marshawn Lynch). The latter is not his style.

As far as Vincent Jackson, he's scheduled to have his meeting tomorrow to see if his suspension will be reduced from six games to three.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Max Factor

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Max Factor » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Hells Satans:
I'll be shocked if NE runs the ball more than 15x in the game. I expect 50+ pass attempts, 4-5 sacks allowed, and well over 300 yards for Brady. Welker might catch 20 balls this week. FWIW, last year he went 15-192 in the game he played against the Jets. That's my take too. If the Jets put Revis on Moss again, Welker could be an absolute monster. No way the other Jets' CBs can handle him. He'll run circles around Cromartie and Smith. That's why I'd be tempted to take Welker away and try to keep Moss in check with double teams. I doubt Ryan goes that route but I'd consider it. [/QUOTE]So I guess start Tate as a flex!!!!!!!!!!
Jeff Potok

pizzatyme

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:27 pm

I'm in the vast minority, but I don't believe Revis could cover a healthy Welker. It's one thing to cover an outside WR and their tree versus a slot guy.

Revis is very good, but Welker is probably the best slot WR of his era if not ever.

[ September 15, 2010, 09:30 PM: Message edited by: Just Russ ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by renman » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

More "thoughts"

-Larry Fitzgerald owners need to worry. D. Anderson looked that bad throwing the ball down field.

-Mendenhall is REALLY talented. Unfortunately his offensive line, though big, is REALLY unathletic and outright bad. Defenses shoot the gaps with ease against this bunch that was bad last year, was only improved at center, and has already had profound injuries. Temper expectations.

-I will be surprised if the Jets finish above .500 I do not bet much but I made a big (for me) bet on the Jets to win under 9.5 games. That big mouth couch comes off like an insecure, over compensating, chest pounding frat boy who seemed more into who can light someone up on a blind side hit than he is with getting his team properly prepared and disciplined. That team will implode and before long there will be infighting. I honestly think their best chance is with Brunell right now.

-Tom is right on the money with how the Panthers approach offense.

-Is the Cinncinati offense (and team) average? OR are they really good but simply got off to a real bad start in week one? I think they are going to be pretty good and I think the WR's recognize this is it (career wise) and have matured.

-Jake Delhomme showed us the difference between the pre season and regular season.

-Remember when people said Kyle Orton could not play?

-Something tells me Matt Schaub is going to make sure his beast gets fed this week. I wish I owned Andre Johnson.

-I need to see the KC passing game in good weather. That team is interesting.

-Can Favre and Harvin get on the same page with one week of practice? I certainly hope so.

-Can someone email the St. Louis Rams front office and explain to them what a screen play is and how to use it with your world class RB and how it can take pressure off your rookie QB?

-Interesting to see what Chris Johnson does vs the Steeler run defense.

Old School

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by Old School » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:47 pm

Where's that old thread where I said Collie would outperform AG, catch at least 50 balls, which most Colts fans guffawed, and wanted to bet against? I,ll bet no one wants to bet now

rkulaski

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:52 pm

I'll add this and I hate the vikes....

They go into the Superdome to play the defending superbowl champs and almost pull out a win. Sorry GK, Brett is hardly done and the Vikes will make noise this year. He won't be as good fantasy-wise but he is a flat out winner. Amazing what he's doing at 40.

jjsegura78

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by jjsegura78 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
I'm in the vast minority, but I don't believe Revis could cover a healthy Welker. It's one thing to cover an outside WR and their tree versus a slot guy.

Revis is very good, but Welker is probably the best slot WR of his era if not ever. I'm with you JR. Revis is a talent, and had a good season last year, but week 2, I agree that the Pats will have too many weapons for "Revis Island" to be a factor.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

pizzatyme

Week 1 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:49 pm

Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:

Revis is very good, but Welker is probably the best slot WR of his era if not ever. I'm with you JR. Revis is a talent, and had a good season last year, but week 2, I agree that the Pats will have too many weapons for "Revis Island" to be a factor.
[/QUOTE]It's the effing Catalina Wine Mixer!

Prestige Worldwide.........
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.