NFFC Post-Season Hold 'Em Contest Rules

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:25 am

Fantasy911.com has recruited three "celebrity" participants to join us in the race for the $10,000 grand prize. Here are your new combatants:

“The Psychic Madman” Jim Karol – Jim got his nickname from his wild and crazy performances of mentalism and magic. Jim was seen this past fall in the NBC reality show “Phenomenon”. He has also appeared on The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, The Ellen Degeneras Show, and many others. He has been heard on the Howard Stern Show, Coast to Coast AM w/ George Noory, along with countless other radio shows. He performed some of his outrageous stunts in the film, Jackass 2. One of the most noteworthy stories about Jim, was how he predicted the Pennsylvania Number (Lottery) on December 22, 1990. It ended up costing the state of Pennsylvania over $12 million dollars because so many people listened to his advice. Jim has a tremendous love of sports and has used his expertise to predict sporting events on FreePlays.com over the past two years. Jim will be making his 2nd try at the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Challenge.

“Mr. Omaha” Robert Williamson III – As the poker explosion began, Robert found himself in the heart of things. Robert earned his first World Series of Poker Championship bracelet in the 2002 Pot-Limit Omaha event. He won the 2002 Poker Open, has three additional gold bracelet wins and numerous final tables. RWIII is consistently ranked in the top 3 world players of Omaha and is the number one all time tournament earner in Omaha in the entire world. His Omaha tournament earnings have surpassed one million dollars! Robert is also known as, "The Gentleman of Poker". He brings fun, class and dignity to all events. He was presented with the inaugural 2003 Brian Saltus award for poker citizenship, dignity, and class. This will be the second year RWIII will be competing in the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge.

“The Hit Machine” Eugene Lockhart – Eugene was a 6th round draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys out of the University of Houston. He played in the NFL for 9 years with the Dallas Cowboys and the New England Patriots. He was a 2-time Pro Bowler in 1989 and 1990. In 1989, Lockhart set an NFL record with 222 tackles in one season. This record still stands today. In Eugene’s 9 seasons he recorded 16 sacks, 6 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) and close to 1,000 tackles. This will be Eugene’s rookie season in the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge, but with his NFL experience he may have the added advantage that most of us don’t.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:44 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Fantasy911.com has recruited three "celebrity" participants to join us in the race for the $10,000 grand prize. Here are your new combatants:

“The Psychic Madman” Jim Karol – Jim got his nickname from his wild and crazy performances of mentalism and magic. Jim was seen this past fall in the NBC reality show “Phenomenon”. He has also appeared on The Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno, The Ellen Degeneras Show, and many others. He has been heard on the Howard Stern Show, Coast to Coast AM w/ George Noory, along with countless other radio shows. He performed some of his outrageous stunts in the film, Jackass 2. One of the most noteworthy stories about Jim, was how he predicted the Pennsylvania Number (Lottery) on December 22, 1990. It ended up costing the state of Pennsylvania over $12 million dollars because so many people listened to his advice. Jim has a tremendous love of sports and has used his expertise to predict sporting events on FreePlays.com over the past two years. Jim will be making his 2nd try at the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Challenge.

“Mr. Omaha” Robert Williamson III – As the poker explosion began, Robert found himself in the heart of things. Robert earned his first World Series of Poker Championship bracelet in the 2002 Pot-Limit Omaha event. He won the 2002 Poker Open, has three additional gold bracelet wins and numerous final tables. RWIII is consistently ranked in the top 3 world players of Omaha and is the number one all time tournament earner in Omaha in the entire world. His Omaha tournament earnings have surpassed one million dollars! Robert is also known as, "The Gentleman of Poker". He brings fun, class and dignity to all events. He was presented with the inaugural 2003 Brian Saltus award for poker citizenship, dignity, and class. This will be the second year RWIII will be competing in the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge.

“The Hit Machine” Eugene Lockhart – Eugene was a 6th round draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys out of the University of Houston. He played in the NFL for 9 years with the Dallas Cowboys and the New England Patriots. He was a 2-time Pro Bowler in 1989 and 1990. In 1989, Lockhart set an NFL record with 222 tackles in one season. This record still stands today. In Eugene’s 9 seasons he recorded 16 sacks, 6 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) and close to 1,000 tackles. This will be Eugene’s rookie season in the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge, but with his NFL experience he may have the added advantage that most of us don’t. Greg...since these guys have nicknames, can you please sign me up for the hold em contest with my new nickname....

"Big Daddy" David Fi$her

Unlimted transactions please too...

:D
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:05 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

“The Hit Machine” Eugene Lockhart – Eugene was a 6th round draft pick of the Dallas Cowboys out of the University of Houston. He played in the NFL for 9 years with the Dallas Cowboys and the New England Patriots. He was a 2-time Pro Bowler in 1989 and 1990. In 1989, Lockhart set an NFL record with 222 tackles in one season. This record still stands today. In Eugene’s 9 seasons he recorded 16 sacks, 6 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) and close to 1,000 tackles. This will be Eugene’s rookie season in the Fantasy911/NFFC Fantasy Football Playoff Challenge, but with his NFL experience he may have the added advantage that most of us don’t. Greg...since these guys have nicknames, can you please sign me up for the hold em contest with my new nickname....

"Big Daddy" David Fi$her

Unlimted transactions please too...

:D
[/QUOTE]Got it "Big Daddy!" :D Hey, do me a favor and e-mail me at [email protected] which e-mail address you're using these days. I'll send your confirmation e-mail to that address. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:05 am

Here's the current signup list. Let me know if I missed you at all or if you need help signing up online.

1. Mike Weber *
2. Rob Benetti, (* = Unlimited moves)
3. Scott Atkins, *
4. Chad Tabler *
5. Paul Sidikman *
6. Chris Schinker *
7. Colin Laufenberg *
8. Marc Quitsch *
9. Patrick Owens *
10. James Mack *
11. Jeff Butler *
12. George Kleemann *
13. Matthew Bauler *
14. Chris Slack
15. Team Canada *
16. Jules McLean *
17. Jules McLean *
18. Marc Quitsch *
19. Danny Mitlof *
20. Jonathan Lueth *
21. Jonathan Lueth *
22. Richard Kulaski *
23. Louis Tranquilli *
24. Scott Stauffer *
25. Chris Latka *
26. Chris Latka *
27. Lewis Lipsey *
28. Kyle Baldwin *
29. Richie Primo *
30. Billy Wasosky *
31. Ted Baehman *
32. Ted Baehman *
33. Ted Baehman *
34. Bobby Jurney *
35. Bobby Jurney *
36. Richard Kulaski *
37. Jeff Kratz *
38. Michael Hrabovsky *
39. Kevin Dukesherer *
40. David Zwickel *
41. Stephen Jupinka *
42. Stephen Jupinka *
43. John Zaleski *
44. Lewis Lipsey *
45. Ken St. George *
46. Hank Cantrell *
47. John Cummings *
48. William Tyrer *
49. Johnny Frisella *
50. James Cummings *
51. Will Tyrer *
52. Johnny Frisella *
53. Eugene Min *
54. Shawn Childs *
55. Shawn Childs *
56. "The Psychic Madman" Jim Karol
57. "Mr. Omaha" Robert Williamson III
58. "The Hit Machine" Eugene Lockhart
59. Tom Yates *
60. Tom Yates *
61. "Big Daddy" David Fisher *
62. Johnny Frisella *
63. Scott Keikoan *
64. Richard Duewel *
65. Michael Newbert *
66. Joe Barongi *
67. Rich Dunn *
68. Jodicus Prosser *

[ January 02, 2008, 07:56 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:35 am

Greg,

Should we have gotten a confirmation email from
fantasy911.com yet? I registered but never paid or actually signed up for my 2 teams.
Richard

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:02 pm

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Greg,

Should we have gotten a confirmation email from
fantasy911.com yet? I registered but never paid or actually signed up for my 2 teams.
Richard Yes, they should have e-mailed you your username and password. Once you get that, click on Sign Up and you'll see you have a $240 credit for your two teams. Activate those teams and you'll be able to set your starting roster for this week. I'll then charge your credit card for this on Wednesday.

If you need help activating your team, contact Tom Hatfield at [email protected] and he will get you all set up. He set up the teams for us at Fantasy911.com. Thanks.

El Diablo

Post by El Diablo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:34 am

Greg sign me up 4 two teams , i will take one (Michael Newbert) and partner (Joe Barongi) will take one also , u can charge my card for both with unlimited moves. The Ambiguously Gay Duo will try to represent in the playoffs! By the way did u have to show me the week 17 results? another kick in the balls 4 me, LOL

El Diablo

Post by El Diablo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:34 am

BTW , when do the picks have to be submitted by?

El Diablo

Post by El Diablo » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:40 am

Greg , i will go to site and sign up myself now , assume this is done as of this post. If any problems i will leave another message here. Thanx -MIKE

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by boutrous11:
payout is 67% with 150 entries. 71% or so with 140. I thought it was NFFC policy to offer near 80% payouts? Any way to up the prizes to 75% or so? This would defnitely convince me to join.

and I know that I'm basing this on 120 per team, but that's what it should be based on, since 99% of the teams are going to go that route. The prize pool should be $12,000 based on $15,000 in signups, which is 80 percent. During the first two years, we did not get 150 teams and it's quite possible that this year we won't either. We had 117 the first year and 137 last year, but of course we still guaranteed the prize money. We're not trying to get rich off this contest; it's just a fun way to end the season for our NFFC participants and we just try not to lose any money on this. I have to pay the folks at Fantasy911.com to run this contest for us because we don't have the software to do it and they are good promotional partners. So there's more of an expense here than just another satellite league at 80%.

If you think we're getting too rich off the $20 per team for transactions and we wind up paying out less than 80 percent, then I'm sorry about that. But we definitely paid more than 80 percent the first year and still guaranteed the prize money and last year we finished right around there as well. When all is said and done, we'll probably be there again this year.

Heck, if we actually get to 150, we'll see what we can do about adding a few more bones. Good luck to all who do enter.
[/QUOTE]No, you're not getting rich off the $20 transaction fee but at the same time, since basically everyone will be buying unlimited transactions, NOT including the $20 in the overall prize pool when announcing percentage of payout is a bit disingenuous. Payout rate last year based on 137 entries/$120per was approximately 72%. If the entries hit 150, the percentage will be 66%.
Do you have the right to charge 66-70%? Absolutely. I have no problem with it. There's no rule that says you have to pay out 80% or more. But my advice is to use real math when figuring out these payouts. Just my opinion.
For Players. By Players.