Number 1 in 2008

da bears

Number 1 in 2008

Post by da bears » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:54 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I don't watch any college football so when a rookie comes into the league I'm way behind with knowing anything at all about them. I know he played for Oklahoma and I think he won a Heisman but I don't know anything beyond that.

It's been said on these boards several times that he won't play long this year because he will get injured. Is there something chronic that happens to him consistently or has he just had some bad luck?

Wayne Hey Wayne,

I'm an Oklahoma alumnus and watch all the Sooner games. AP was a stud in college but didn't finish two out of three college seasons due to injuries. He broke his collarbone his junior year and as result fell in the NFL draft. He was great when he played as you can see now, but his durability was a concern coming out of college. The kid is sure proving the critics wrong so far though!!
Bauler Shot Caller

weber7777

Number 1 in 2008

Post by weber7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:26 am

next year is going to be so great.. watching team after team nab tom brady top 4 pick.. it's going to be fun to watch.. if i had to do a top 10 right now it would be so hard.. off the top of my head:

LT no. 1 (still potential and production will be there.), No. 2= Addai.. a work horse, (could have had him this year i loved Larry Johnson (but got screwed), No. 3 pick. I have to say and hate to say it, Westbrook. production wise, just mr. consistent (he's injury prone but worth a no. 3 pick), No. 4 (i'd go Reggie Bush) just because experience is there and McCallister is done.. No. 5 i'd go Willie Parker (Safe Pick); No. 6 (this is where it gets interesting). i'd take a shot here at Peterson. I think next year Taylor will be an afterthought)(if peterson had been named starter this year and none of this RBBC crap, he would have been 2nd round No. 7. through 10 is a crap shoot).. i would be tempted with Brady but couldn't do it. If Ronnie Brown gets healed up, would consider him, but most likely would consider Moss.. (very tough call). If you wanted to play it safe No. 7 pick in my opinion would be Larry Johnson. No. 8, still have to go with Steven Jackson, No. 9, consider Ronnie Brown (maybe) or Frank Gore (they have to get this guy some help but tough call. don't like what i see from him this year) and No. 10, i think next year Maurice Drew will be starter in Jacksonville, They are crazy if he's not).. he's got great talent..

then you just have a crap shoot the rest of the way.. Going to be very hard next year..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

weber7777

Number 1 in 2008

Post by weber7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:28 am

i then think you have to go with Moss and Maybe Brady at 11 and 12.. i'd lay off Brady but thats just me.. i wouldn't lay off Moss.

Coltsfan

Number 1 in 2008

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:34 pm

Weber,

I do have one question about your top 10 for next year. Why would Adrian Peterson not be in your top 5 next year? He is number one in the league in scoring (RB's) this year and he was in a time share the first few games. If he starts getting 25 touches per game it's possible his numbers could even go up from where they are this year.

In Peterson's first 8 games as a Viking he broke the all time Viking rush record for a single game twice and now the NFL record against a stout defense. If all of the people you mentioned are healthy next year and their situation's are unchanged, I expect to see AP go first in a lot of drafts next year. He could even be the concensus number one pick.

Wayne

sportsbettingman

Number 1 in 2008

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:48 pm

Looking at the 2008 NFL schedule will be quite important...but AP is running behind one of the best O-Lines in football. Unless that changes or he gets injured...he'd be top 5 in my opinion.

Ladanian Tomlinson, Adrian Peterson, Joseph Addai, Brian Westbrook, Reggie Bush, Willie Parker...all fairly young and fairly healthy and running behind some of the best lines in football (other than NO...but they are improving).

~Lance

[ November 05, 2007, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

weber7777

Number 1 in 2008

Post by weber7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm

- i really would like to see Minnesota get a legitimate QB before i put him in top 3.. if they do, i could be coaxed into taking him No. 2 or 3. Maybe even no.1. tough to take a RB 2nd year that high however Addai has done just fine. i just like experience.. when im drafting in top 10, i look for steady production. i don't need a home run that early.. 1st and 2nd rounds don't win drafts.. this year that is quite evident.

weber7777

Number 1 in 2008

Post by weber7777 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:03 pm

i will make a prediction.. if by some chance Minnesota gets in playoffs.. who knows. i guarantee they will shut him down.. their QB situation is disgraceful..

Diesel

Number 1 in 2008

Post by Diesel » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:34 pm

#1 in 2008 is still going to be LT2.

Peterson has earned his right to a first round pick, but not first overall.

Michael Clayton had a great rookie season. He didn't set any single game records for yardage, but he was tearing into the fantasy stat lines every week. He now cleans the men's showers after games. Tampa Bay needed to validify his salary. This was the only way they felt his money was earned...lol

Until I see A. Peterson do what he's doing for a full season, and NOT GET HURT, he's still a great RB with talent and *potential*. I wouldn't go any further with my scouting report on him because there's not enough to analize on him.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Team Legacy

Number 1 in 2008

Post by Team Legacy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:16 pm

some typos are better left unsaid... ;)

AD is my #1 pick, but Moss gets some serious consideration mid 1st round. Brady, even though he's breaking records, late first.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

boutrous11

Number 1 in 2008

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:28 pm

some of you guys have to be trying to talk AP down (or maybe you just haven't watched him at all).... there's no way he's not taken in the top 3 next year....

[ November 05, 2007, 09:28 PM: Message edited by: boutrous11 ]