online auction satellties?

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:29 am

i ask this every year.

any plans for any NFFC online auction satellites?

they are so much fun.

norb_55

Post by norb_55 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:26 am

I would be interested. We did one thru nffc 2 or 3 years ago and it was great.

pmfarley21

Post by pmfarley21 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:44 am

There is a chance I would be interested in this. I would love to return to Chicago for the live auction again this year, but as of right now I still have to work that weekend. Since the auction is Friday, there is still a decent chance I will just drive down from Appleton for the event and then return that night, but if it doesn't work out, I would then be very interested in a satellite auction. Auctions are my favorite style of drafting, and I wish the fantasy football community would buy in as much as the fantasy baseball community has to this format.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:55 am

You guys would have to convince Tom to 1-set up an online auction on another site, because STATS doesn't do online auctions. And 2-Ask Tom to manually enter all rosters into STATS. Good luck. Lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:18 pm

Tom and Greg, I agree with the rest of the group. ESPN holds online auctions all of the time, is there something stopping the NFFC from doing this? It doesn't seem like it should take too much from a programmer to set this up right?

Thanks,
SS
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Originally posted by boutrous11:
i ask this every year.

any plans for any NFFC online auction satellites?

they are so much fun. This is possible this year, but let us check on a few things first. There is an industry company that has talked with us about doing this together and I like it, although I have to see if the draft results could be easily transferred to the NFFC back-end site. That's the main thing and the main item we need to figure out before going forward. But yes, this is possible and we'd probably do these at either $125, $250 or $500 levels with the same payouts as the NFFC Satellite Leagues.

Hang tight for a bit and we'll have this figured out. We wouldn't host these until mid-August anyway, so we have some time yet. But yes, this might be possible this year. We'll know more shortly.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Originally posted by SS:
Tom and Greg, I agree with the rest of the group. ESPN holds online auctions all of the time, is there something stopping the NFFC from doing this? It doesn't seem like it should take too much from a programmer to set this up right?

Thanks,
SS Scott, we will not have the auction site ourselves for this year, that's for sure. Auction sites are NOT easy to program, I guarantee that. But we might have a different alternative, we'll see. Hopefully it will work out for everyone.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks for the followup Greg. If you can't do it this year, I completely understand. Thanks for listening to us as you guys always do...
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

venoots

Post by venoots » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:31 am

An on-line auction would be great.. It is the best way to draft

slam

Post by slam » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:10 pm

Count me in for a $150 or $250 online auction
Author, Fantasy Football Guidebook: Your Comprehensive Guide to Playing Fantasy Football and Fantasy Football Tips: 201 Ways to Win through Player Rankings, Cheat Sheets and Better Drafting (Available at www.fantasyfootballguidebook.com )