Christian Ponder To The Vikings? Really??

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:52 am

You folks know the rivalry between the Packers and Vikings and you know how much I like to rib Vikings' fans for never winning a Super Bowl. But do they really think that Christian Ponder is the future savior of this franchise?? Would you really spend the 12th overall pick in the draft on this guy?? WOW.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but I didn't see this one coming. I didn't see "superstar" written over this guy at FSU. What am I missing here? Big Mike, what's your take on this??

Anyone with an opinion here? Jump in please.

How about Cam Newton at No. 1?? Will he pan out and if so when? In 2015?? What about Jake Locker going to Tennessee? Would you hitch your wagon to him as the new face of your franchise??

Wow, lots to ponder about, pardon the pun. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 am

With no free agency or trades, the teams that took QBs last night really had no choice. I thought we would see 5 or 6 go in the first round, as teams like Buffalo, Arizona, San Francisco and Washington are (still) desperate for signal callers.

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:38 am

That pick busted everyone's draft board right there. What a panic move! Ponder really? Ponder??

I'm intrigued by AJ Green and Cincy next year from a fantasy persepective. Usually I temper my excitement about rookie WRs, but I think we might see a real rookie breakout. Calvin, Fitz, both were phenoms, but this kid is ready to go. The caveat being the QB. They're going to be behind in alot of games.

Simpson, Shipley, Gresham and Green will open up a dynamic offense IMO.

[ April 29, 2011, 12:18 PM: Message edited by: FPA - Scott Atkins ]
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:21 am

As a follower of the NFC North (Central Division to us die-hards), I have to say KUDOS to the Detroit Lions. Man, they are building a solid nucleus right now and the Nick Fairley pick after grabbing Suh last year makes that one of the top defensive lines in football. That's a solid base with Vanden Bosch on the end. If Matthew Stafford can stay healthy for a full season, that's a team that could make some noise in 2011 and beyond.

It's been all good for the Lions since getting rid of Matt Millen. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:24 am

I agree the Lions are looking good. I really like what they've done the last two seasons. The combination of Suh and Fairley up front could be nightmare for opposing offense. And offensively, they are loaded with talent. If Stafford can stay healthy they could be one of the most explosive offenses in the league. I'm not sure he can but the talent is definitely there. I could see the Lions finishing third in the NFC North next season with the Vikings fourth.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:11 am

Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:
That pick busted everyone's draft board right there. What a panic move! Ponder really? Ponder??

I'm intrigued by AJ Green and Cincy next year from a fantasy persepective. Usually I temper my excitement about rookie WRs, but I think we might see a real rookie breakout. Calvin, Fitz, both were phenoms, but this kid is ready to go. The caveat being the QB. They're going to be behind in alot of games.

Simpson, Shipley, Gresham and Green will open up a dynamic offense IMO. And who's the "dynamic" quarterback that will get anyone the ball in Cincy, Scott?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:00 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I agree the Lions are looking good. I really like what they've done the last two seasons. The combination of Suh and Fairley up front could be nightmare for opposing offense. And offensively, they are loaded with talent. If Stafford can stay healthy they could be one of the most explosive offenses in the league. I'm not sure he can but the talent is definitely there. I could see the Lions finishing third in the NFC North next season with the Vikings fourth. The Lions could easily finish 2nd in the division, and/or go 10-6. They are on the "verge". They have a nice QB and playmakers, and difference makers now on defense. And all the naysayers who say Stafford is brittle, just remember that is what "people" used to say about Schaub, too.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:01 am

Originally posted by Old School:
quote:Originally posted by FPA - Scott Atkins:

Simpson, Shipley, Gresham and Green will open up a dynamic offense IMO. And who's the "dynamic" quarterback that will get anyone the ball in Cincy, Scott?
[/QUOTE]Exactly. They better go get Dalton today.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:12 am

Let's hope the free agent season starts sooner rather than later. That Ingram pick now makes Reggie Bush a likely free agent because there's no way the Saints are picking up that $11.5 million contract. If he's cut, he becomes the big wild card. Wherever he lands will be interesting to determine his value and other RBs on that team. Miami would make sense, but let's see.

That was pretty wild that Suzy Kolber had a text from Ingram's dad in prison. That got the Heisman Trophy winner to shed some tears on camera. It was pretty touching and you can imagine what that young man has had to go through with his dad in prison these last few years.

I'm ready for Day 2. It sure gives teams plenty of time to evaluate Bowers' knee!! :D Now let's get it on.