Message Board Etiquette Rules

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:29 am

Greg, about 3-4 years ago, their board was about 5 times worse than this board ever was. There were about a dozen fights at any one time. It was total chaos.

They did a MB redesign and implemented new, STRICT, rules.

There is zero tolerance for personal attacks. On the first one, you are banned for a week. On the second one, you are banned for life. There are no negotiations in this process. It is simply implemented if found to be true. The first time someone was banned for a week, the entire persona of the MB changed forever.

This goes against your "letting the kids play in the sandbox," but trust me, it saves more headaches in the long run.

This cleaned up 98% of all problems.

And not only that, NEW people have came on in droves and greatly contributed without the fear of having a post cut up, shot down, or mocked because someone thinks they have to be MB king and have to constantly post like they feel they are the most important person on the MB.

Good Luck with your announcement on Monday and I hope it includes a huge pay raise for both you and Tom. :D
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:42 am

Could not AGREE more....These boards have been a huge part of my NFFC experience entering its 5th season..Gregg and Tom have done wonders overseeing these boards,while on occasion having to REF and occasional riff.About the slow boards during the spring,I think there were 2 leagues and 28 people doing there DAMNEST to keep football alive...All I know is LABOR DAY is finally in sight and the smell of the pigkin will be in the air next week with the start of preseason.To all the best of luck and as Micheal Buffer would say,"LETS GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEE"

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:50 am

Russ,

What a kiss up, everyone of those guys are drafting in ChiTown. :rolleyes:

John [/QB]:D Think they'll take it easy on me in the Mains?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Old School

Post by Old School » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:01 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
Greg, about 3-4 years ago, their board was about 5 times worse than this board ever was. There were about a dozen fights at any one time. It was total chaos.

They did a MB redesign and implemented new, STRICT, rules.

There is zero tolerance for personal attacks. On the first one, you are banned for a week. On the second one, you are banned for life. There are no negotiations in this process. It is simply implemented if found to be true. The first time someone was banned for a week, the entire persona of the MB changed forever.

This goes against your "letting the kids play in the sandbox," but trust me, it saves more headaches in the long run.

This cleaned up 98% of all problems.

And not only that, NEW people have came on in droves and greatly contributed without the fear of having a post cut up, shot down, or mocked because someone thinks they have to be MB king and have to constantly post like they feel they are the most important person on the MB.

Good Luck with your announcement on Monday and I hope it includes a huge pay raise for both you and Tom. :D Great post JohnZ on all counts (including the raise),

If you want gain more message board activity, these are great ideas. I know a number of folks that just won't visit or post at all due to the few egomaniacs that try and "mark their territory" constantly and ridicule any new poster
who threatens their "self-proclaimed" expertise.

This year has been pretty darn good so far though. The NFFC has the most knowledgable players on the whole IMHO

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:17 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Russ,

John :D Think they'll take it easy on me in the Mains? [/QB][/QUOTE]It couldn't hurt. I would have tried the same thing. ;) Tell Sabretooth he has no shot. Oh never mind you didn't post his name.

John

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
quote:Russ,

John :D Think they'll take it easy on me in the Mains? [/QB][/QUOTE]Um.......I don't think so! ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:39 am

John is right. The Anaheim Ducks have two dozen easy rules to follow. As others have told me offline, these are all common sense rules that 99 percent already adhere to, but putting them in print and with concrete penalties in place makes sense. Here are a few easy ones:

1. You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors. Criticism of ideas and opinions is welcome, but you may not attack other NFFC members in any way. You will find every opinion imaginable here, so you may want to find another board if you are not able to keep your cool when someone's viewpoint offends you.

2. This board is not an appropriate place for sexually explicit, violent, hateful, or vulgar discussions. Foul Language will not be allowed. You will be warned and then removed.

3. Anyone who repeatedly violates these rules, intentionally or not, will be permanently banned from viewing or posting on the NFFC Message Boards. First offense will be a ban from the boards for one week. Second offense will be banishment from the boards for the rest of the season. Third offense is a lifetime ban from the NFFC boards and the contest. All topics and/or messages that violate these rules will be deleted or archived on sight. Please do not post here at all if you disagree with any of these rules.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:54 am

I'm pretty sure John was talking about the footballguys message board and their rules.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:05 am

As a guy who posted a few things last year and got "put in my place" for having an opinion, I welcome and applaud the changes. Hopefully others will feel the same way. I think that most of the people that contribute to the MB are knowledgeable and respectful but it would be more fun with more opinions and viewpoints.
As for people complaining you are giving too much information that seems silly because Tom's reviews (32 teams in 32 days) are insightful but again are just his opinion! And he welcomes others opinions too. I've read all of his stuff and any of his facts can be found in blogs,articles and newspapers. There are no more secrets or sleepers in FF and certainly anyone dishing out money to play in a high stakes event will search under every rock for every little bit of information.
Anyway, as I said I applaud the zero tolerance policy and I will post more knowing that I won't get into a p-ing match with someone over my opinion.
Pat Sorge

fandango

Post by fandango » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:21 am

great job greg, now this isnt overrun by a few bad apples...