NFL Sunday Ticket This Year

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Okay, I'm sure I'm not alone here with NFL Sunday Ticket. I've purchased this product every year from DirecTV that it's been available and I have DirecTV over Dish mainly because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. So much to my dismay I see that the Ticket is now FREE to new subscribers.

Naturally I called DirecTV yesterday to say I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I wasn't willing to pay this year's $335 price. Heck, I remember when it was $125. I told her I'd cancel my subscription for a month and sign up in September. She said not only couldn't she give it to me free but she no longer was allowed to give out any discounts. In the past, you could always talk them into some type of discount.

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335. LOL....imagine that; old loyal customers have to pay full freight while customers that have never been subscribers get the same service at a significant discount. (in this case, I guess no charge). As a loyal customer it kind of pisses you off doesn't it?
Kind of sounds somewhat similar to the FF contest that is providing a significant discount to new customers while makiing their loyal long time customers pay full freight. :eek:

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:49 am

Okay, I'm sure I'm not alone here with NFL Sunday Ticket. I've purchased this product every year from DirecTV that it's been available and I have DirecTV over Dish mainly because of the NFL Sunday Ticket. So much to my dismay I see that the Ticket is now FREE to new subscribers.

Naturally I called DirecTV yesterday to say I wanted the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I wasn't willing to pay this year's $335 price. Heck, I remember when it was $125. I told her I'd cancel my subscription for a month and sign up in September. She said not only couldn't she give it to me free but she no longer was allowed to give out any discounts. In the past, you could always talk them into some type of discount.

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335. LOL....imagine that; old loyal customers have to pay full freight while customers that have never been subscribers get the same service at a significant discount. (in this case, I guess no charge). As a loyal customer it kind of pisses you off doesn't it?
Kind of sounds somewhat similar to the FF contest that is providing a significant discount to new customers while makiing their loyal long time customers pay full freight. :eek:

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 am

Nice Rich!!! A little late, but right on the mark!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 am

Nice Rich!!! A little late, but right on the mark!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:50 am

Forget the Redzone channel, I want to watch football and change channels. It kills me to not be in the know about other games. I want football central. It dilutes the experience for me, if I can't change to a game.

Honestly, DirecTV is gouging because they can... but they will give you discounts if you threaten to cancel eventually. Give it a shot... but if it doesn't work, don't change. If we can afford to spend thousands of dollars on our football, then what's so special about going through the trouble to save $100?

If you are persistent with DIRECTV and want to give it a shot.. go for it... you will at least get something off.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:50 am

Forget the Redzone channel, I want to watch football and change channels. It kills me to not be in the know about other games. I want football central. It dilutes the experience for me, if I can't change to a game.

Honestly, DirecTV is gouging because they can... but they will give you discounts if you threaten to cancel eventually. Give it a shot... but if it doesn't work, don't change. If we can afford to spend thousands of dollars on our football, then what's so special about going through the trouble to save $100?

If you are persistent with DIRECTV and want to give it a shot.. go for it... you will at least get something off.

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Greg,

Simply call d*. Go through the prompts to talk to a customer service rep.

When he/she gets on the phone, say to them , "Hi....please put me through to the retentions department."

They may ask you why and if they can help.....Do not give them any details...tell them you want retentions department please and you will talk to them only.

Once retention department gets on the phone, tell them your wife is giving you a hard time about the cost of sunday ticket and that you feel its discouraging that its now offered for free on new contracts. Do not tell them you will simply cancel and resign. just talk to them with respect and with a sincere tone.

if the 1st person doesnt offer you a great deal, just say you will think about it and will call back. wait a day, etc.

and one last note, its usually the women retention CSR's who are willing to do something for your sob story than the males.

good luck

[ August 14, 2011, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Greg,

Simply call d*. Go through the prompts to talk to a customer service rep.

When he/she gets on the phone, say to them , "Hi....please put me through to the retentions department."

They may ask you why and if they can help.....Do not give them any details...tell them you want retentions department please and you will talk to them only.

Once retention department gets on the phone, tell them your wife is giving you a hard time about the cost of sunday ticket and that you feel its discouraging that its now offered for free on new contracts. Do not tell them you will simply cancel and resign. just talk to them with respect and with a sincere tone.

if the 1st person doesnt offer you a great deal, just say you will think about it and will call back. wait a day, etc.

and one last note, its usually the women retention CSR's who are willing to do something for your sob story than the males.

good luck

[ August 14, 2011, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: FI$HER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

perrylin

Post by perrylin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335. Greg,

Here is the trick with DirecTV. You have to actually initiate a cancellation. Set up a disconnect for a couple of weeks out, say Sept 1st. From now until the actual cutoff date, they will call you and try to convince you to stay (usually a day or two before they call). It is then that you can ask for free NFL Ticket and a discount on your plan. It works every time.

GoA

perrylin

Post by perrylin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:26 pm

So now my question to the masses: Did I get a bad operator and should I just keep trying? Or should I just cancel my subscription and start anew? What are you folks doing to get around a full $335 payment this year? Thanks for any advice. I need my fix, but hopefully not at $335. Greg,

Here is the trick with DirecTV. You have to actually initiate a cancellation. Set up a disconnect for a couple of weeks out, say Sept 1st. From now until the actual cutoff date, they will call you and try to convince you to stay (usually a day or two before they call). It is then that you can ask for free NFL Ticket and a discount on your plan. It works every time.

Good luck.

[ August 14, 2011, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: PunchyPerry9 ]