Start/Sit Week 14

alanr824

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by alanr824 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Flex in the FFPC Main, 1.5 ppr for TE.......

Several options, none good:

Burress
Knox
Manningham
Pettigrew

I've been brutal in WDIS the entire season, so looking for any feedback you guys can give...thanks. I know it was week 3, but remember that Pettigrew had 11 receptions for 112 yards in the first meeting vs Minnesota. That could mean one of two things. Either they gear up to stop him this time, or they just don't know how to guard TE's. Personally, I am starting him as a TE1 and would definitely go with him here. Manningam is 3rd or 4th choice, the Jets might not score much and if they do, it will be on the ground, and Knox? Well Caleb Hanie likes him, but that's not saying much.

[ December 10, 2011, 10:59 PM: Message edited by: Al R G ]

The Franchise

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by The Franchise » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:33 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:
 You can play your matchups all you want. Pettigrew has not gone over 40 yards for the last 6 weeks. Plus the Vikings have actually have been pretty good against TE's. According to FootballOutsiders, MIN is ranked 29th vs. TEs. He's a good bet for a TD. [/QUOTE]The Vikings have given up 2 TD all year to TE's and they are ranked poorly against WR's (30th), but only 16th vs. TE's. Why would he be a good bet for a TD?
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

KenGill

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by KenGill » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:53 am

Torrey Smith vs IND or Reggie Wayne vs BALT?
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

jimchristie

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by jimchristie » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:28 am

Originally posted by TOXIC ASSETS:
Torrey Smith vs IND or Reggie Wayne vs BALT? Torrey Smith

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:14 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:
 You can play your matchups all you want. Pettigrew has not gone over 40 yards for the last 6 weeks. Plus the Vikings have actually have been pretty good against TE's. According to FootballOutsiders, MIN is ranked 29th vs. TEs. He's a good bet for a TD. [/QUOTE]The Vikings have given up 2 TD all year to TE's and they are ranked poorly against WR's (30th), but only 16th vs. TE's. Why would he be a good bet for a TD?
[/QUOTE]So FootballOutsiders data on TE defense is just wrong?

Hmmm, MIN defense vs. TEs this year:
1. SD - Gates: 8-74
2. TB - Winslow: 4-44 + EGraham 5-21
3. DET - Pettigrew: 11-112 + Scheffler: 1-4
4. KC - Pope: 1-4
5. ARI - King: 5-35 + Housler: 3-25
6. CHI - KDavis: 2-27
7. GB - Finley: 2-13 + Quarless: 1-21
8. CAR - Olsen: 4-73-1 + Shockey: 1-1-1
9. GB - Finley: 3-67 + Quarless: 1-8
10. OAK - Boss: 5-37 + Myers: 2-23
11. ATL - Gonzalez: 9-67 + Palmer: 2-8-1
12. DEN - no TE catches (thanks to Tebow's mere 10 complete passes )

That's an average of 12.3 PPG and a median of 13.5 allowed to TEs. And that includes some teams that really don't use their TEs much or they aren't very good (KC, ARI, CHI, DEN).

Maybe the most important part of that is the 11-112 Pettigrew himself hung on MIN in week 3? ;)

I think he's a good bet for a TD just due to the sheer volume of passing DET is going to do to MIN with no Kevin Smith and the potentially very high score. But of course, as bad as MIN's secondary is, all of DET's WRs could steal the show. But there should be plenty of fireworks. And if there isn't, then strike up the band for a resounding chorus of "Tebow is better than Stafford"!?!

[ December 11, 2011, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Shrink Attack

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:41 am

Please help! Gotta pick two out of the following:

Steven Jackson vs. Seatte...Rams could get shut out with QB3 in there.

Beanie vs. San Fran...#1 run defense, but every time I bench Beanie he goes off.

J. Stewart vs. Atlanta...RBBC is making me crazy, but I'm running out of options.

Pierre Thomas vs. Tennessee...totally disappeared last week, but now no Ingram.

This hobby is aging me rapidly...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

da bears

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by da bears » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:58 am

Pierre Garcon vs. Balt or David Nelson vs. SD @ flex? Thanks.
Bauler Shot Caller

Eddiejag

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by Eddiejag » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:01 am

My God they all have horrible matchups againest great run defenes.Forget Pierre Thomas as he disappeared last week and even with Ingram gone you will see Ivory playing his role.Steven Jackson hasnt done anything the last 3 weeks and wont run on Seattle.Stewart has to contend with DeAngelo and the real goal line back in Cam Newton,plus Atlanta is number 2 D againest the run.That leaves Beanie going up againest San Fran,i dont like the match up but Beanie is all they have and should get atleast 20 touches and he did have a real good game and a score againest Balt. good luck ;)
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Money

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by Money » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:04 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Please help! Gotta pick two out of the following:

Steven Jackson vs. Seatte...Rams could get shut out with QB3 in there.

Beanie vs. San Fran...#1 run defense, but every time I bench Beanie he goes off.

J. Stewart vs. Atlanta...RBBC is making me crazy, but I'm running out of options.

Pierre Thomas vs. Tennessee...totally disappeared last week, but now no Ingram.

This hobby is aging me rapidly... I'd go with Thomas for sure. As for the other three that is a tough call. Not a real enviable position to be in.

As for the aging, it gets to us all
Joe

Sandman62

Start/Sit Week 14

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:04 am

Shrink, I'd go with JStew and Pierre, who should both catch some passes. We kinda already know the CAR deal - TDs are very hit or miss due to Cam. But yards could be tougher for Beanie and SJax. I'd take the chance that Ivory doesn't play a prominent role in his first game back and give Pierre the shot.

da bears, Garcon could be in for a tough day, but the Bills will also be without Chandler now. Nelson probably gets an uptick in targets.

[ December 11, 2011, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]