NFFC Dynasty League Auction

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:47 am

Time to make a second push at filling this up ... looking for fantasy football addicts that come back each season and like the idea of keeping their fantasy team intact EVERY year (anyone want to own LT2 every season for the rest of his career? ). Once you acquire a player he has a fantasy football contract with your team for life. You can keep him until he retires, cut him whenever you like, or trade him during the offseason, but he is 100% under your control.

All rules/ details are subject to Greg's final approval ... let's fill this up then finalize everything!

Proposed League Structure & Details:
- LIVE auction in Las Vegas, Saturday afternoon, September 1, 2007, following the NFFC main event.
- $650 entry fee plus a one-time $350 deposit
- Fourteen teams will acquire 23 players using a fictional $205 team auction budget for the first season only.
- Players will remain on their original team indefinitely until dropped or traded.
- Subsequent years will hold an annual rookie draft, while all existing NFL players after the first season may be acquired only thru FAAB (in-season only) or trade (offseason only).

Participants
1. KJ Duke
2. Will Tyrer
3. Capt Hook & Jules
4. Shawn Childs
5. Ron Kraus
6. Mark Moyer
7. Greg Morgan (?? depending on schedule)
8. James Alexander
9. Scott Wieland
10. Ken Magner

Additional rules.
Roster Requirements. To avoid positional loading, teams must remain within positional ranges at all times. Roster limitations by position are as follows:
• 3-6 Running Backs
• 3-6 Wide Receivers
• 1-4 Quarterbacks
• 1-4 Tight Ends
• 1-3 Kickers
• 1-3 Team Defense/Specials Team
• maximum 23 total players at all times

Annual Rookie Draft Beginning in Season Two: We will hold a straight (not serpentine) rookie draft. Upon selecting a player at the rookie draft, that team must drop a player while also staying within the roster limitations listed above. Once a team has a full roster, at their next turn in the draft they may elect to: (a) select another rookie with a corresponding roster drop, or (b) drop out of the remainder of the draft. The draft will continue until all teams have dropped out of the draft. Draft order will be determined as follows: (1) All eight non-playoff teams will be chosen randomly for slots 1-8; (2) The six playoff teams will pick from slots 9-15, in reverse order of their total league winnings the prior season. Any ties will be broken by random selection.

Trading will be allowed during the fantasy offseason as follows: after the completion of all Week 16 games of each NFL season through midnight of the day before the first NFL game of the following season. Trading both players and rookie draft picks (picks during that offseason's rookie draft only) is allowed. However, no other future compensation or non-disclosed compensation can be given or promised (meaning no secret side deals, etc, and no owner may have any financial interest whatsoever in more than one team in the league). Any trade, in it’s entirety, must be disclosed at the time of the trade, and is subject to reversal if deemed inappropriate by the league commissioner. No traded player may be traded back to the same team during the same offseason. Collusion is strictly prohibited and would result in all involved parties being expelled from the league without refund and with no opportunity of prize money.

Entry fee, deposit and prize money: The entry fee will be $650 per team, per season. Additionally, for each team owner’s first season, there will be a one-time $350 depsoit. If an owner decides to not continue in a future year, the league will recruit a replacement. If a replacement is willing to pay the full fee for the existing team, the former owner will be refunded his deposit. If the team needs to be discounted to attract a new owner, the former owner's deposit will be reduced by the amount of the discount (up to the full value of the deposit). Prize money TBD.

[ August 15, 2007, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:00 am

c'mon folks - this will be a FUN league

bluenose

Post by bluenose » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:05 am

this looks awesome but I'm not even in the US never mind the vegas timezone.

I bet if you ran it online you'd fill very quick.

[ July 25, 2007, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Bluenose ]

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:50 pm

boring
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:00 am

Just curious how it will be determine fairness of trades? Since this is a lifetime league, I would want to make sure that there is a way to make sure that trades are not unfair to give someone a huge advantage every year for the life of the league (especially if someone intended on leaving after the year and wanted to help someone staying in the league to load up).

Thanks.

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:03 am

Oops. Sorry, I just read the part about trades in the original post.

Count me in

bluenose

Post by bluenose » Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:12 am

Any chance of getting something like this online?

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:46 am

Where are we at on this league? I need to make a decision on whether to do an Ultimate League, so I am curious if this is going to happen or not.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:30 pm

Originally posted by Soupdog:
Where are we at on this league? I need to make a decision on whether to do an Ultimate League, so I am curious if this is going to happen or not. We're still at 9 ... the auction would take place Saturday afternoon, not Sunday, so it won't conflict with the Ultimate lges.

Soupdog

Post by Soupdog » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:28 pm

I am more concerned about this being my 3rd league with the NFFC and not wanting to do four. Either Ultimate or this one.