How would you feel?

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:39 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
What would be the problem with setting up a program where it plugs in your highest average player for any BYE week Position Not filled 5 minutes before kick-off !

Not just for those guys that quit , but what about for those that have an Emergency . Interesting, at least that would solve the bye week problem. What about IR/Out for the season type player.

No matter, what it will always come down to being on top of your own League. To be honest I don't even look. Do others look to make sure that everyone in your League is playing a valid lineup?

John

[ September 29, 2009, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Raiders ]

pizzatyme

How would you feel?

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:49 am

It's a backhanded form of collusion IMO. While not likely between 2 parties, it is one person colluding against you for the benefit of all of your other competitors.

Sad really.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

botherk

How would you feel?

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:54 am

I don't think GG went far enough in his scenario.
Lets say that prior to week 13, the 2-10 dumps some of his best players and picks up scrubs with faab, guaranteeing that he scores few points. This assures that his buddy wins the league. No program can help because his roster only has scrubs.
How could this be prevented?

[ September 29, 2009, 03:12 PM: Message edited by: DOUGHBOYS ]
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

botherk

How would you feel?

Post by botherk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:55 am

And I agree, Russ, it is sad.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

D-Day Heroes

How would you feel?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:58 am

Could you imagine if Trades were allowed :eek:

When i first started looking for a place to play on line and i seen that G&T did not allow trades here in order to prevent collusion , I was like , Yeah , these guys have integrity , where do i sighn up.

i guess like the old saying goes , you can build a better lock and feel safe for a short time , till a better thief comes along.

I don't know what you do if you really have 2 guys that happen to get in a league together and conspire to these tactics , other than keep a vigilant eye open and let Greg and Tom Know as soon as possible.
I feel confident they will do the right thing .
Thats why i wouldn't play anywhere else but here.

That being said , don't you guys believe that this scenario is extremely rare , if at all , do to the fact that we have # 1 a great Message Board where people watch for each other and # 2 , great commisioneers in G&T , that will do the right thing when informed ?
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gordon Gekko II

How would you feel?

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:11 am

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
That being said , don't you guys believe that this scenario is extremely rare , if at all D-Day, how would you feel if this exact scenario did play out and you missed the playoffs because of it?

D-Day Heroes

How would you feel?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:20 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
There’s been a lot of talk recently on other football boards about what to do if someone leaves a bye week or injured player in their lineup.

I’d like to take that a step further…
Imagine it’s Week 13 of the NFFC Primetime season. The last week before determining playoff teams.

Suppose…
Team A = Top H2H team is 10-2 with 1680 points.
Team B = YOUR team is 10-2 with 1580 points.
Team C = Top point team is 7-5 with 1800 points.
Team D = 2-10 with 1480 points.

Team D hasn’t logged into STATS and hasn’t changed their lineup for the past 4 weeks.

Team D plays Team A in Week 13, and the owner of Team D doesn’t like you so they log in, take out their starters and put in injured players and backups…allowing Team A an easy victory and assuring you miss the playoffs and possibly lose out on $$$$.

How would you feel as the owner of Team B? Anyone think this can happen? Thats Bites Geck , I guess I would inform G&T and see what they said. If thier aswer was satisfactory I would continue to play , if not , I would look for somewhere else to play.

What did you do ?
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

BLACKHAND

How would you feel?

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:21 am

marc , this type of thing is what gets me crazy. i dont think it should be programed to the highest player as all of us play the wrong guy at times. greg and tom should for sure ban them from ever playing in the nffc again. that persons money is no good 4ever. i dont mean to sound like a bad azz but someone would be ringing that guys doorbell and it wouldnt be the pizza boy. :mad:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Raiders

How would you feel?

Post by Raiders » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
marc , this type of thing is what gets me crazy. i dont think it should be programed to the highest player as all of us play the wrong guy at times. greg and tom should for sure ban them from ever playing in the nffc again. that persons money is no good 4ever. i dont mean to sound like a bad azz but someone would be ringing that guys doorbell and it wouldnt be the pizza boy. :mad: Pick me I know the answer, "Postman". Key would was 'ringing'. The Postman always rings twice. :D Ok now what did I win? ;)

John

Hard heads

How would you feel?

Post by Hard heads » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:31 pm

The Baseball boards weren't enough?