50 Teams In Line For NFFC Primetime Championship Round

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:44 am

A total of 50 teams in the NFFC Primetime main event will be fighting it out for the $40,000 grand prize as four teams earned wild card spots. The Championship Round consists of the 23 first place league finishers and the 23 second place league finishers plus four wild card teams. To earn a wild card spot you had to finish in the Top 10% of the total number of teams (in this case Top 28 overall since there were 276 teams) while finishing lower than Top 2 in your league.

Danny Dietrick of the Phone/Online League 3 finished 13th overall but only third in his league to earn one wild card spot. Wow, tough league Danny. Chris Vaccaro's The GST also finished third in New York League 5, but finished 25th overall in points to earn a wild card spot.

Two other teams also earned wild cards. Nelson Sousa's The Franchise earned a wild card berth as it finished 21st overall, but third in the tough New York 5 league. Greg Morgan also led Team Morgan to a 26th overall placing in Phone/Online League 2 while finishing third in that league. Congrats to both of you as your teams certainly deserve to be among the elite in the NFFC Classic.

Remember, teams now carry their weekly scoring average from the regular season into the Championship Round and add that total to their scores from Weeks 14, 15 and 16 to determine the NFFC Primetime champion. One of these 50 teams will earn the $40,000 grand prize and the second annual NFFC Primetime title. Good luck all.

One more note: If your team is in the league playoff for the remaining $1,400 and the league title, you will have a separate lineup to set for that league and a different lineup to set for the Championship Round. Same for any team that is in the league playoff round and the Consolation Round. We do it this way because in some weeks you may want to be more conservative in one format over another in your lineup decisions. So anyone who is in a league playoff these next three weeks, PLEASE SET BOTH STARTING LINEUPS SEPARATELY. Thanks and good luck.

And yes, if you didn't make the NFFC Championship Round all teams are still eligible for prizes in the NFFC Consolation Round. Keep setting your starting lineups and look for standings after each week in the NFFC Consolation Round. Good luck all.

[ December 08, 2009, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:53 am

Dirty Deeds at #13 should've qualified from my league - we battled to the last minute on Monday night for most points - neither of us had the best record.

[ December 08, 2009, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: KJ Duke ]

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:59 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Dirty Deeds at #13 should've qualified from my league - we battled to the last minute on Monday night for most points - neither of us had the best record. Good catch. Yes, I haven't looked at each league yet to see where h2h records may have bumped the second total points person to third in the league. I should have done that first. Tom is going through that now and will verify our list again. My bad. I was just so excited to name our qualifying teams. Good job Danny and I've added you to the list above. Wow, tough league that Phone/Online League 3.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

scataldo201

Post by scataldo201 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:31 am

The GST from NY league 2 should be receiving a wild card bye as well. I finished first in points (15th overall) and 'Team Moser' finished with the best record. The GST finished 25th in the overall standings.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:44 am

Originally posted by Exploding Meatballs:
The GST from NY league 2 should be receiving a wild card bye as well. I finished first in points (15th overall) and 'Team Moser' finished with the best record. The GST finished 25th in the overall standings. Yup, adding you to the list now. That 5-8 record threw me off Chris, but 25th overall is pretty solid. Good job and good luck in the Championship Round. I'll correct the post above now.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Here are the 50 teams competing for the $40,000 Primetime grand prize. Good luck everyone.

1. Lightsout joe marcotte 0
2. Sideline Sage Roger Gonzalez 0
3. Lucky 13 James Tracy 0
4. 'Team Wieland' Scott Wieland 0
5. Riverdog Todd Ullman 0
6. Surgically Enhanced TD's Mike Schilpp 0
7. TopGuns Don Medlam 0
8. Who's Next Rod Nixon 0
9. Horizontal Nation Robert Anderson 0
10. MarissChris David Martino 0
11. 'Team Moser' Jeremy Moser 0
12. THE GST Christopher Vaccaro 0
13. Exploding Meatballs Sal Cataldo 0
14. Disposable Heroes Thomas Kay 0
15. 'Ashley Bears Dave Clum 0
16. Triple A Artie Rastelli 0
17. RECOVERY BOYS TOM YATES 0
18. MONEY INCORPORATED ORMOND ROSE 0
19. Leroy's Aces Dave Gerczak 0
20. TOWNIES John Rundle 0
21. Lights Out Tila Tequila Ross Mallor 0
22. 'Team MiniMe' Mike Sanda 0
23. RAIDERS 12 John Reuss 0
24. Zefurs 12 KJ Duke 0
25. DIRTY DEEDS Danny Dietrick 0
26. FunkDaddy Jason Funkhouser 0
27. For Love Of The Game 40k Jared Danielsen 0
28. Leroy's Aces Dave Gerczak 0
29. Italian Job Vincent Papandrea 0
30. alabama abandoned michael cole 0
31. Air Lar Larry Schechter 0
32. The Franchise Chontos 0
Nelson Sousa
33. Phillthy Birds Joseph DiGalbo 0
34. Moldy Yellow Tomatoes Mike Ferre 0
35. Sabretooth Chris Gillman 0
36. Insane Monkeys Tom Ravey 0
37. The Beast Mode Brett Kassel 0
38. Down With The Sickness James Wilson 0
39. Outsiders Santo Ciraolo III 0
40. 'Team Strickler' Bill Strickler 0
41. TEXAS FLOOD 12 Jeff Black 0
Bayley
42. Kahuna Calvin Suer 0
43. Z men Robert Zarzycki 0
44. 'Team Lavallee' Kenny Lavallee 0
45. 'Team Morgan' Gregory Morgan 0
46. Two 84 Gators and Sons PR Ira Kerker 0
47. 'Team Poulson' Chris Poulson 0
Chris Poulson
48. Silver Tongues Rob Silver 0
49. The Vulgarians Chris Slack 0
50. Golden Tornado Darren Fecich 0
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Robert Edwards

Post by Robert Edwards » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Look at that! All the guys who kick my can in baseball ALSO kick my can in football!

Way to go all and good luck!
Wayne Edwards

The "other" Wayne

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Congrats everyone....good luck the rest of the way.

Glenn