CHICAGO DRAFT

gk4444

CHICAGO DRAFT

Post by gk4444 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:35 am

No home-made chocolate chip cookies, but every thing else was FANTASTIC. Drafting twenty yards at the turn for home is a horse players dream. FANBALL staff were great and helpful. The room was big enough for more leagues for BASEBALL and FOOTBALL next year. We need a lot more players in 2011 for a great drafting venue. Great talking with Rob, Billy and all the others. Thanks to Tom, Greg and FANBALL for a super website. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
George

Ted's Cracked Head

CHICAGO DRAFT

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:17 am

The facilitators were great.

The room was perfect for three drafts, one or two more and it would have been tight.

The location itself was not that great at the OTB. The racetrack would have provided a much more enjoyable and memorable experience.

The food sucked for both drafts. $50 was a travesty for what they served.

The camaraderie and actual drafting of the teams is always Priceless!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Coltsfan

CHICAGO DRAFT

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:28 am

Originally posted by Silver and Black:
The facilitators were great.

The room was perfect for three drafts, one or two more and it would have been tight.

The location itself was not that great at the OTB. The racetrack would have provided a much more enjoyable and memorable experience.

The camaraderie and actual drafting of the teams is always Priceless! I agree 100% with everything Rob said! I will add one more item though. The service (not Fanball) at that location was horrid! The bartender would stand behind the bar and wouldn't give anyone a drink until 12:00 which is exactly when the draft started. Pure laziness. And then the bartender went on break between 3&4 on Friday which was the time we were on break between the auction and DC. Bob waited at the bar on Saturday to get something to drink and had to show the bartender on his watch that it was exactly noon because he wasn't going to give Bob his Pepsi even 30 seconds early. WOW!

Everything else was perfect though. Let's get Chicago back up to 5-6 main event leagues next year!

Wayne

mikeybok

CHICAGO DRAFT

Post by mikeybok » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:13 pm

Originally posted by Silver and Black:

The camaraderie and actual drafting of the teams is always Priceless! In defense of the food. I thought the food was good for what it was. If you ever had a wedding reception in Chicago or priced out a catered event in a big city, you would see the picture clearer. I bring a bag of chips ... 2.99. A chip bowl catered by a third party $75.00. I was pleased with the food (lower expectations) and thought the event went very well. The noon drink thing made me laugh (you got a point there) ... but I wasn't going to die of thirst in the 17 minutes I had to wait for a drink. Over all I thought the location was great and would like to see it there again.

Great Weekend.

Big Mike
Hakuna Matata!