Who's Coming To The 2007 NFFC And Where?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:33 am

We're officially starting our 26th league for the main event with the arrival of another veteran NFFC member. Let's welcome Larry Birnbaum of Sands Point, New York as he will be joining us at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Sept. 1st for the main event. Larry finished third and won $500 last year in Las Vegas League 8 as his Winner team went 8-5 and placed 65th overall with 1,661.1 points. Winner then finished 29th in the Consolation Round. Welcome back Larry and best of luck in the hunt for this year's $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:22 am

We're now at 78 teams for the main event in Chicago as we welcome yet another new team to the growing NFFC family. Let's give it up for Jonathan Jason of Buffalo, New York as he will be joining us at the Chicago Oakbrook Marriott on Saturday, Sept. 1st. Jonny is good friends with Chris Slack and he's heard enough good things about us to jump in and compete for the $100,000 grand prize. Welcome aboard Jonny and best of luck in the hunt for this year's $100K and the $5,000 league prize.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:39 am

Greg,

It looks like you have a very slight lead over TK right now in the Vegas vs. New York sign-ups.....118 to 116. Are you going to be able to hold on for the victory or is TK going to take the title?
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:33 pm

Originally posted by Big MO:
Greg,

It looks like you have a very slight lead over TK right now in the Vegas vs. New York sign-ups.....118 to 116. Are you going to be able to hold on for the victory or is TK going to take the title? I hope TK beats me and gets to 126!!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:35 pm

We're closing in on a sixth full main event league in Chicago as we welcome an old face to the NFFC's main event. Jamie Vasallo of Milwaukee, Wisconsin has been partners with Chris Schinker in the NFFC and NFBC events since 2004, but this year his wife is having a baby in September and he's going to stick closer to home and grab his own team in Chicago. Jamie and co-manager Scott Summerfield become our 79th team owners in Chicago, leaving us with FIVE OPEN SPOTS before we close out the Windy City. Welcome aboard guys and best of luck in the hunt for this year's $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

chris schinker

Post by chris schinker » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

I'd be embarrassed too if my wife wouldn't allow me to go to 100 miles from the homestead, but I can't believe Jamie would concost a pregnancy story!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:40 am

Originally posted by chris schinker:
I'd be embarrassed too if my wife wouldn't allow me to go to 100 miles from the homestead, but I can't believe Jamie would concost a pregnancy story! I heard at least one child in the background while I was taking the signup, Chris. That means he already has at least one on the board or everyone in his entourage was crying about the Driver injury last night!! :D As long as he promises to join us for drinks in March at the NFBC event, we'll let him off the hook this time!! :D

Besides, I needed another signup for Chicago. He came through at the right time.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 am

Erick Kontogiannis of Roslyn Heights, New York has grabbed the last spot in the New York $650 Auction League, giving us two full leagues at the New York Hilton on Saturday, Aug. 31st. Erick is currently competing in the NFBC's main event this year for the first time and he decided to jump into our football event as well. Twenty-eight owners in New York for this event will be a fun, fun time as we'll mix up the leagues this weekend and announce the lineups shortly. Welcome aboard Erick and best of luck in the hunt for this year's $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prize.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:47 am

We completed the Tampa Draft Champions $650 League by hooking up folks in Las Vegas, New York and Tampa. This should be a fun 26-round draft done by teleconference. We were able to close this one out thanks to the arrival of two NFFC veterans to the event. Bill and Don Ezzell of Bedford, Texas and North Richland Hills, Texas, respectively, have been in the Auction League, main event and Ultimate League every year since 2004 and they were set for the NFFC Trifecta in Las Vegas this year as well. But unfortunately, their sister suffered a serious illness and they had to cancel last month. Bill called this week and said she is now on the road to recovery and the prognosis looks good, but both brothers still need to stay close to home to help out with things. They were ecstatic that we could get them into this league via teleconference and that they could still be part of the NFFC family this year. We're glad to have both guys back as they will be taking separate teams and competing against each other and the rest of the gang from LV and Tampa. Welcome back guys, good luck in the hunt for the $4,250 league prize and our prayers are with you, your sister and your families.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:06 am

Gotta run to Chicago now, but we're glad to announce that David Martino of Mellville, New York has grabbed a spot in the New York main event as he was already signed up for the $650 Auction League in New York. David is an original member of the NFFC family and he and his brother Joe have had great success in the past. Welcome back guys.

That officially puts us at 354 paid teams for the main event and we have a few other entries ready to go. This is shaping up well. Thanks all. The draft spots will definitely be announced on Sunday at noon CST.

[ August 24, 2007, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Greg Ambrosius ]