FI$HER SQUADS

TradeStar28

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Just putting this as a thread to analyze and assess the mistakes with my cousin. No need to comment. Unless you want to, go ahead.

FI$HER Classic - League #2

QB1 - Jay Cutler
QB2 - Chad Pennington

RB1 - Deangelo Williams
RB2 - Kevin Smith
RB3 - Leon Washington
RB4 - Jamal Charles
RB5 - Mewelde Moore
RB6 - Michael Goodson

WR1 - Marques Colston
WR2 - Antonio Bryant
WR3 - Nate Burleson
WR4 - Laurent Robinson
WR5 - Chad Schillens
WR6 - Louis Murphy
WR7 - Pierre Garcon

TE1 - Jason Witten
TE2 - Randy McMichael

K1- Nate Kaeding

DEF1 - Chicago Bears Defense
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

TradeStar28

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:50 pm

FI$HER - NFFC PRIMETIME NY LEAGUE #4

QB1 JAY CUTLER
QB2 BRETT FAVRE

RB1 ADRIAN PETERSON
RB2 BRIAN WESTBROOK
RB3 FELIX JONES
RB4 CHESTER TAYLOR
RB5 FRED TAYLOR
RB6 BERNARD SCOTT
RB7 MEWELDE MOORE

WR1 VINCENT JACKSON
WR2 BRAYLON EDWARDS
WR3 DERRICK MASON
WR4 NATE BURLSON
WR5 LAURENT ROBINSON
WR6 MIKE WALKER
WR7 JORDY NELSON

TE1 JOHN CARLSON
TE2 HEATH MILLER

K1 KRIS BROWN

D1 DALLAS COWBOYS DEFENSE

Diesel

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by Diesel » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:38 pm

Your biggest mistake is SO apparrent. Your biggest mistake was NOT holding a Fi$her party in NYC! I was expecting HUGE things for NY this year... ;)

You covered all of your bases in each league. In your second league, I'm guessing you had the #1 spot. I ended up with Westy and AP from the #1 spot too, on Sunday...But you ended up with better WR's. I ended up with Lance Moore/Holt/Coles/ and a bunch of guys like Camarillo/Bradley...etc...That are question marks...I think you did a great job, drafting from a very tough spot. (#1)

It was nice meeting up with you. Although I don't remember meeting you a few years ago, you said we met once before...It must have been a year when I convince Tom to give me extra drink tickets for bringing in a bunch of newbies...LOL

Good luck to you David.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Hard heads

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by Hard heads » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:43 pm

Vegas missed the Fishers!!!

Solid teams, although maybe not a big fan of the WR in the Classic....

TradeStar28

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:42 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
Your biggest mistake is SO apparrent. Your biggest mistake was NOT holding a Fi$her party in NYC! I was expecting HUGE things for NY this year... ;)

You covered all of your bases in each league. In your second league, I'm guessing you had the #1 spot. I ended up with Westy and AP from the #1 spot too, on Sunday...But you ended up with better WR's. I ended up with Lance Moore/Holt/Coles/ and a bunch of guys like Camarillo/Bradley...etc...That are question marks...I think you did a great job, drafting from a very tough spot. (#1)

It was nice meeting up with you. Although I don't remember meeting you a few years ago, you said we met once before...It must have been a year when I convince Tom to give me extra drink tickets for bringing in a bunch of newbies...LOL

Good luck to you David.

Marc Thank you Marc, we wish you a great year as well.

And yes, I do agree with you that our Primetime team is better on paper than our Classic. My cousin and I take pride in our 14 team drafts and feel that is our strength over the years. This year, in the Classic, we had the 4th spot and we were in a league filled with some great drafters. I think that their is an upside to that and obviously a downside as well. Upside being that the players have a more likely chance to be distributed more evenly across the board and no one will have a clear cut advantage. The downside is that in the championship round, you have to face teams that may have drafted in leagues where there were some easy pickings and are stacked because of that.

Our Primetime league also had a few great drafters (including K of Q and Edelman) but I felt the flow at the 1 spot in a 12 teamer was alot better than the flow of the 4th spot in 14 teamer. Ofcourse, we always felt that a 12 team draft usually ends up with alot of all star teams across the board, so we are not gonna raise the Stanley Cup just yet (oops wrong sport, you get the idea).

We are high on DWill, Cutler and Felix Jones, and Vjax and Carlson. We are also expecting good things from Leon Washington, Colston this year and Kevin Smith.

Guys we like who we did not draft are Ochocinco, Anthony Gonzalez, Ahmad Bradshaw, Percy Harvin, Ted Ginn, Reggie Bush, K Moreno, Donald Brown, Slaton, Mendenhall, E Bennett, Finley, E. Royal, amd Ryan Grant

TradeStar28

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Originally posted by Hard heads:

Solid teams, although maybe not a big fan of the WR in the Classic.... And we missed Vega$!

I agree about the WRs in the classic.

In 2nd round we selected the last WR available (there are 10 this year) before it drops to a different level. (Colston) over MB3.

In the 3rd round, we were praying for Kevin Smith to reach us. Right before he did , Ronnie Brown, Pierre Thomas and Ryan Grant got selected. We took K Smith at 3.11 (39 overall) over Wrs Braylon Edwards, Vincent Jax, Brandon Marshall (who all went 4.3, 4.2, 4.1).

At 4.4 we were praying that braylon would come to us, and Lori Rubinson plucked him at 4.3 and we were totally fuggin pissed. So the case play was going with Witten there and really had no other choice. That right there threw our perfect flow charted draft out the window.

In Round 5, we saw that the QBs were getting thin and D. Mason was selected right before us at 5.10, so we had to go QB and we selected Cutler, over the likes of mcnabb and matt ryan.

so our roster was shaping up -

qb cutler
rb1 deangelo williams
rb2 kevin smith
wr1 marques colston
te1 jason witten

round 6 came and we obviously needed WRs. Hines Ward and santana moss were taken 6 picks and 3 picks before us and we had a choice between Antonio Bryant , D Avery, D Driver, L Moore, K Walter and Cotch. AB is a possesion guy....ofcourse we know he is a POS also as a person and has knee scoped but maybe he catches 80 balls for 1000 yards and 6-8 tds. Someone has to catch tds in TB this year.

Round 7 came and we wanted to get a flex with upside and we took leon washington at 7.11 over lendale white and sproles. The Wrs also dried up big time but we figured we would go with upside for that in round 8.

round 8 we were looking to grab percy harvin. we love him this year and my cuz is a gator alum so he was excited to have him on our team. Lori Rubinson , from WFAN, nailed percy the pick right before us...almost like she was reading our minds. so we took nate burleson....who was our only real choice.

Every classic team will have atleast one hole in the lineup. obviously our WR2 is no lock to repeat from last year (AB) and our WR3 is coming off an injury. But there will be atleast one 2008 Lance Moore in Free agency in 2009. And that is what we are aiming for....

that and either chaz schillens gets healthy and is solid and / or laurent robinson turns into isaac bruce from the rams heyday...lol , actually we just need half a isaac bruce and be happy :D

Riverdog

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by Riverdog » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Nice job Fisher.

It ws interesting to read this as I did an online NFFC 12 teamer today from the 1 hole. Our first 3 picks were the same ! (Have to take Westy there if he falls. Edwards was best WR left at 3.

here was my team which started out so similar to yours and seems to have similar strengths/weakness - kinda.

P Rivers
T. EdwaRDS

A. Peterson
B. Westbrook
K. Moreno
C. Benson
C. Taylor

B. Edwards
H. Ward
T. Holt
Hixon
L, Robinson
M. Walker
J. Avant
Urban

C. Cooly
V. Davis

Eagles
Seahawks

Josh Brown
2006 WCOFF CHAMP !
2008 3rd Overall NFFC Classic, Regular Season Points Champion!
2008 and 2009: WCFF Magazine experts league Champ.
2011 Gunning for a 2nd National title

TradeStar28

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by TradeStar28 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:59 pm

Great job Riverdog (again)....

The RB depth is there and that is what you will use for the flex position. As I stated in a different thread, I am not sold on the WRs going nuts like last year, so you have the opportunity to roll out 3 starters at RB every week.

We like Bray this year as the contrarian type of pick. He will lean towards the 2007 type season as opposed to the forgetable 2008 stinker.

Hines Ward is the solid aging vet who is a gamer so not much worries there. I always liked Tory Holt as well, so hopefully he has one last hurrah in him for his new team. MJD should help out Holt and vice versa.

There are alot of variables this year. Best of luck to you and all of your teams you drafted.

perrylin

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by perrylin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:49 am

Laurent Robinson will be a stud this year. I drafted him for both of my teams. 75 catches, 1100 yds, and 6 TDs. My prediction is that he has a better year than Avery.

BillyWaz

FI$HER SQUADS

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:10 am

Originally posted by FI$HER:
quote:Originally posted by Hard heads:

Solid teams, although maybe not a big fan of the WR in the Classic.... Round 7 came and we wanted to get a flex with upside and we took leon washington at 7.11 over lendale white and sproles. The Wrs also dried up big time but we figured we would go with upside for that in round 8.
[/QUOTE]Leon at 7.11!!! :eek: (he went at 6.1 in my Chicago 3 Classic!) Wow, and I thought getting Kevin Smith at 3.11 was a gift!!

I gotta get back to NY!

As for your Classic team, I am not a fan of Cutler at all, but you have GREAT RB's and a stud TE. Your WR's could really hurt you guys, but I know you guys will pull it together.

Best of luck! :D