307 Teams In The Consolation Round

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:47 am

Just a reminder to all NFFC teams in the main event who didn't make the Championship Round: Your season is still ongoing. All 307 teams are still competing in the Consolation Round for a chance to win $2,500 or a free entry into next year's NFFC main event. We'll pay the top four scoring teams, so keep setting your lineups and staying active.

The Consolation Round format is similar to the Championship Round: We take your weekly scoring average through the first 13 weeks and add that to your scores in Weeks 14, 15 and 16. The top four scoring teams win prizes. Good luck everyone and don't forget that there is a Thursday night game tonight.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am

Greg,

Is there a way to look at the consolation standings right now ? I could do the math to see how many points I am behind each time going into the consolation playoffs but have the standings been reset at all for the playoffs? When I go to overall standings, it still shows each team's total points.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:08 pm

Greg,
After reading some other threads, I found the answer to my questions regarding standings for the consolation playoffs.

What about satellite leagues? I didnt notice a change in the standings and average points for teams that have made the playoffs in their satellite leagues.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:14 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Greg,
After reading some other threads, I found the answer to my questions regarding standings for the consolation playoffs.

What about satellite leagues? I didnt notice a change in the standings and average points for teams that have made the playoffs in their satellite leagues. They should be updating under live scoring or under your Week 14 link. I've sent this to STATS and will get a firm answer, but satellite league scores for those four playoff teams should include live scoring.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:25 am

Greg,
I don't see a link for week 14 at this time. I could be missing it but it doesn't appear to be setup yet.
Tbanks for contacting STATS about this. Rich

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just a reminder to all NFFC teams in the main event who didn't make the Championship Round: Your season is still ongoing. All 307 teams are still competing in the Consolation Round for a chance to win $2,500 or a free entry into next year's NFFC main event. We'll pay the top four scoring teams, so keep setting your lineups and staying active.

The Consolation Round format is similar to the Championship Round: We take your weekly scoring average through the first 13 weeks and add that to your scores in Weeks 14, 15 and 16. The top four scoring teams win prizes. Good luck everyone and don't forget that there is a Thursday night game tonight. Greg (and all),

Would anyone be interested in a three teir post season next year?

Teir one: Same as now. Top 2 from each league and wild cards. Prizes the same.

Teir two: Next 25% in points and all winning regular season records. Prizes the same minus the 4th place winner.

Teir three: All the rest. Winner gets free entry.

I was thinking this could make things more interesting for teams that start out slowly and still want to make the middle (something like the NIT) bracket.

All thoughts are welcome.

Take care,
Wayne
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Maybe I meant "tier"...LOL! Sorry about the spelling.
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:12 am

Originally posted by rkulaski:
Greg,

What about satellite leagues? I didnt notice a change in the standings and average points for teams that have made the playoffs in their satellite leagues. Here's the info we got from STATS about the satellite leagues:

The playoff points show up when they click on the league standings link in these leagues.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:32 pm

Is there a live scoring for the consolation round?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:26 am

Originally posted by Hard heads:
Is there a live scoring for the consolation round? There is not, unfortunately. Just too many teams for that right now. STATS has assured me that we'll program that for next year, although that doesn't help now. But we'll get that done for 2008. I'll grab the standings when I can today and post here.