2012 Thursday Games

BLACKHAND

2012 Thursday Games

Post by BLACKHAND » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:46 am

i think it might be hard for some to get a player in your lineup. this gives you a 3 hour window to get a player in if needed. also friday player practice is very important and a thursday only faab takes that away.

is there a way to set it up as to if you use thursday faab you can not use friday and if you do not use thurs you would have friday night.

[ February 03, 2012, 03:47 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Diesel

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Diesel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:51 am

Make the pickups on Wednesdays only, but add one roster spot on our teams to give a little extra room, and then no one can blame the NFFC if something happens to a player on Thursday or Friday.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Dirty Deeds

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Dirty Deeds » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:54 am

Wednesday is definitely too early...you just do not get true injury status by Wednesday.

1st Choice..Wednesday for the Players on the Two Thursday Teams Only ? I know it is tough on the software guys to make the change but face it..Thursday Football is here to stay. Then regular FA on Friday

2nd Choice would be Friday FA and oh well..hope you do not have any Hurt Thursday Players I just do not think it would be fair to the owner that loses his QB and cannot get his back up.

3rd Choice would be Thursday FA before gametime

[ February 03, 2012, 04:55 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Deeds ]

Dirty Deeds

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Dirty Deeds » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:57 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Make the pickups on Wednesdays only, but add one roster spot on our teams to give a little extra room, and then no one can blame the NFFC if something happens to a player on Thursday or Friday. Adding roster spots kind of further dilutes a already diluted FA pool and one spot is not going to help with the unexpected

[ February 03, 2012, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Dirty Deeds ]

Coltsfan

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Coltsfan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

Friday only - there is not nearly enough information on 30 out of the 32 teams to make a decision by Wednesday and Thursday is not a big enough window to get FA's in the lineup.

I would love an extra roster spot. All you have to do is pick up an extra kicker if you see that your kicker is going to be starting the following Thursday. It really doesn't seem like that big of deal. It's no different than having to decide whether to backup your kicker during the playoffs or not.

Wayne

Rog

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Rog » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

I say keep on friday ,give 1 more extra roster spot for a kicker or whatever position you want,that way nobody can complain.I personally dont care if we have 18 or 22 spots as long as we are all playing by the same rules.If I have to carry an extra kicker I will . In one of my leagues last season I watched a player in my league carry 3 qb's and 1 kicker and then lose that week when he lost his kicker.Was just wondering how much it helped him then.Part of the overall plan is deciding if having that 6th wr is more valuable than that 2nd kicker.Obviously nobody wants to carry 2 kickers
but if it is going to be the difference between winning or losing I will make sure all my team positions are backed up.

Greg Ambrosius

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:06 am

Originally posted by Dirty Deeds:
Wednesday is definitely too early...you just do not get true injury status by Wednesday.

1st Choice..Wednesday for the Players on the Two Thursday Teams Only ? I know it is tough on the software guys to make the change but face it..Thursday Football is here to stay. Then regular FA on Friday

2nd Choice would be Friday FA and oh well..hope you do not have any Hurt Thursday Players I just do not think it would be fair to the owner that loses his QB and cannot get his back up.

3rd Choice would be Thursday FA before gametime Yes, a lot of interesting suggestions. Thursday Night football is definitely here to stay, so we need to look at all options and get this right for everyone. Let me check with our programmers and see what is possible first and then work from there. These are all good suggestions, but as you can see not everyone wants the same thing.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BLACKHAND

2012 Thursday Games

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:29 am

greg , is it possible to have the software set up to only include thurs night game on wed and to exclude it on friday. think that would work out all the way around if it can be done.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Coltsfan

2012 Thursday Games

Post by Coltsfan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:35 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
greg , is it possible to have the software set up to only include thurs night game on wed and to exclude it on friday. think that would work out all the way around if it can be done. That's still two wavier wires to worry about each week. Two times 20 would have equaled 40 waiver submissions each week for me this past year..... :eek:

I'll do whatever but for me the least favorite part of FF is waivers. I'm just saying that I will definitely have to cut my leagues in half if "m going to do waivers twice a week. I don't mean that as a threat - just trying to be up front about where I'm coming from.

Wayne

King of Queens

2012 Thursday Games

Post by King of Queens » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:53 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
greg , is it possible to have the software set up to only include thurs night game on wed and to exclude it on friday. think that would work out all the way around if it can be done. That's still two wavier wires to worry about each week. Two times 20 would have equaled 40 waiver submissions each week for me this past year..... :eek:

I'll do whatever but for me the least favorite part of FF is waivers. I'm just saying that I will definitely have to cut my leagues in half if "m going to do waivers twice a week. I don't mean that as a threat - just trying to be up front about where I'm coming from.

Wayne
[/QUOTE]Free agency starts in Week 2, and runs no later than Week 13. That's 12 weeks of pickups.

Even if you put an equal amount of work into the Wednesday pickups, that's a total of 24 deadlines.