An Open Forum For WCOFF Players

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm

Originally posted by Gnarly Goats:
I am another "recovering WCOFFer" looking for a home. I was not very active on the WCOFF Boards, but wish I had been since I am one of the dopes who pre-paid for 2011 several months ago only to be trying to figure out how to get it back now. I had been at WCOFF since year 2 and am stunned it has come to this.

I feel a little homeless, but am excited about what NFFC may offer. Thanks to Tom & Greg, they are already more responsive to me in the last 2 hours than Dustin & Jill have been in the last several months. Greg/Tom are THE best in the business. the sooner you join the nffc family, the sooner you'll forget about wcoff.

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:42 pm

Originally posted by blue devils:
the folks on this board seem to be very customer friendly I agree. thanks for the kind words and encouragement. it's all just so crazy i still can't wrap my arms around the whole thing. it's like i'm in shock or something. to think that i would've taken a plane to vegas to stay in a hotel room without knowing anything. i really wonder how many people will end up doing just that :confused: :( ..

if i were to play in a contest outside of my friends home league it would be here. the problem is those ah's at wcoff screwed me plain and simple. i'm like forever jaded. i will be watching these boards tho from near and afar as i follow the season as there's good football info here that i can capitalize on .

the problem is like someone said i have the ff itch and it has to be scratched even if it's only in a home league. hey here's how much of a fanatic i am; did you know that carson palmer threw for more yards than aaron rodgers last year? how wcoff treated you obviously wasn't right. good luck in your home league! the nffc will be here next year should u choose to venture back into high stakes.

ps - i didn't know that about palmer last year. good 'trick' question

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally posted by Gnarly Goats:
I am another "recovering WCOFFer" looking for a home. I was not very active on the WCOFF Boards, but wish I had been since I am one of the dopes who pre-paid for 2011 several months ago only to be trying to figure out how to get it back now. I had been at WCOFF since year 2 and am stunned it has come to this.

I feel a little homeless, but am excited about what NFFC may offer. Thanks to Tom & Greg, they are already more responsive to me in the last 2 hours than Dustin & Jill have been in the last several months. Hey, we could use a Gnarly Goat in the NFFC!!! :D Sorry about your pain and we're stunned it's come to this, too. Trust me, you have a home here if you want to come in. We'll offer you a 15% discount as someone who lost money in that contest, so if that helps you stay in the space it's the least we can do. If you feel so burned that you can't play at all this year, then cause havoc on the message boards, get the fire burning again and jump in next year. We'll still be here next year and many years after that. :D

This is all Tom and I do for a living!!! :D This isn't a side job. We get paid to respond to customers' needs and their questions. We run games for a living, so there's no need to compliment us for doing what any game operator should do. Welcome aboard and I know you're going to like it here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Originally posted by blue devils:
the folks on this board seem to be very customer friendly I agree. thanks for the kind words and encouragement. it's all just so crazy i still can't wrap my arms around the whole thing. it's like i'm in shock or something. to think that i would've taken a plane to vegas to stay in a hotel room without knowing anything. i really wonder how many people will end up doing just that :confused: :( ..

if i were to play in a contest outside of my friends home league it would be here. the problem is those ah's at wcoff screwed me plain and simple. i'm like forever jaded. i will be watching these boards tho from near and afar as i follow the season as there's good football info here that i can capitalize on .

the problem is like someone said i have the ff itch and it has to be scratched even if it's only in a home league. hey here's how much of a fanatic i am; did you know that carson palmer threw for more yards than aaron rodgers last year? I have the same advice for you blue devils: Win your local league but stay active on our boards all year long and glean any and all information you can. We post all of our winning FAAB bids each week from all NFFC leagues on these boards and maybe you'll find a sleeper free agent that you can pick up in your local league. Keep watching for the ADPs before Draft Day. And stay active in our Live Chats, which happen often here.

We're going to have fun here. What a shame that the WCOFF ruined your fantasy season for 2011. I do agree, I think some folks will show up for those drafts if someone doesn't make an official announcement soon and take down that damn web site. There's nothing to sell anymore, so let's inform the public that the live events aren't happening so that nobody else suffers more harm. Someone PLEASE do that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:57 am

I've been a WCOFFer since they first drafted in 2002. I've also played in the NFFC every season except one (last season). Trust me, there is not a chance in the world anyone will ever confuse Greg and Tom for Dustin and Jesse.

Greg and Tom live for this little hobby of ours. You will not find them tweeting from any golf courses durring the last few weeks (heck last few months for that matter) before a major draft.

You also will never have to chase them down for an honest answer or for your winnings.

I know what the WCOFF has done to us as I too am out of pocket $3500 in winnings I will never see. I too have a plane ticket to Vegas purchased months ago for a draft that amazingly has not yet be "officially" cancelled.

I decided to use my ticket to Vegas to play in the NFFC and never look back. I trust these guys and know it would be impossible to really ever walk away from HSFF. I'm looking forward to the draft and the season and can't wait to get my draft position.......... the real one, not the one I got from the WCOFF.

I hope some of you reconsider and give this draft a shot. You will love it and you too will never look back.

Pete (Plukewh on the wcoff boards).

[ August 23, 2011, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

botherk

Post by botherk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:32 am

Hi folks.
Most WCOFF'ers don't know me. Hell, most NFFC'ers don't know me!
I'm a baseball guy who has played in the NFBC for years.

I know that you WCOFF'ers are just totally disgusted with the chain of events that have occurred.
Right now, your trust in high stakes fantasy football, matches that of a late night infomercials product changing your life.

I am not a shill for the NFBC/NFFC.
But, I want to tell you that if you're sitting on the fence because of non-trust in the industry and you're reading this, you've come to the right place.

I can tell you several stories about Greg and Tom that would give you that 'gooey' feeling, but let me tell you a story that shows their resolve rather than our trust in them.

A couple of years ago, looking for a back end in a business where the back end is paramount, Greg decided to partner up with Fanball.
Fanball was an industry giant as far as most of us knew. And therein lied the problem. The NFFC/NFBC became just another resource for Fanball. We, the customer felt like the hardware department at a Wal Mart.
We, the customer, did not receive IT, technical help, and other things that we became used to getting immediately through the years. Instead, we got promises. Promises of parties and celebrities. You know, crap that most of us could care less about.

Anyway, complaints started rolling in. Tom and Greg were caught in the middle. Trying to appease the conglomerate, while at the same time fielding beefs from customers.
By the end of the year, these guys were at wits end. Going back to their roots and writing became a thought.
If these guys were going to quit or worse, fleece their customers, this would have been the time to do it.
Not even a thought though.
The NFFC/NFBC is Greg's baby. And good fathers do not abandon babies. No matter how fussy they become!
Long story short, those bad times are behind them.
And even through those bad times-
100 Percent of customers received great customer service.
100 Percent of folks that won money, received their money.
And although a lot of folks came away from the experience shaking their heads, no faith was lost in Greg and Tom.

These are guys that have been through the tough times. Common sense guys that won't promise the moon in hopes of garnering a couple of extra bucks.
If you're on the fence because of trust issues, you've come to the right place.
Go back and read some of the posts here from over the last eight years. You may find some discouraging words about rules or disagreements about how our game is played, but never will you find a negative comment about the customer service or getting paid.

I could go on about the family atmosphere, but I'm sure you may have had that same sense at WCOFF.
When you're ready to jump to the NFFC/NFBC it is here though. Waiting. Along with folks that you can trust. And right now, that trust is probably what is paramount for WCOFF'ers
If so, you've come to the right place.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:45 am

It's a great day to see so many new customers entering the HSFF space and NOT leaving our industry altogether. I know a lot of folks are frustrated by what happened over there, but it sure looks like many of you are sticking around. That's GREAT news.

Let's welcome former NFFC player Larry Goldstein back to the Main Event as he's ready to rock 'n roll at the Sheraton in New York for the Primetime. He's also signing up for the Online Championship and hoping to take down both titles for the $75,000 cash bonus. Larry was a WCOFF Charter Member and sad to see what happened there, but ready to pick up the pieces here and at the FFPC and get things back on track.

We're also glad to welcome Kimra Schleicher to the NFFC Primetime as she jumped into the Saturday 10 am Main Event at the Bellagio and will be jumping into more events that weekend. Awesome to have her on board and in the NFFC.

James Loveless is also new to the NFFC after drafting for years in Atlantic City with the WCOFF. He's joining us for both Main Events at the Sheraton in New York on Sept. 3rd and really looking for the new experience that the NFFC offers. I had a good talk with James and I know he's excited again about the upcoming season. LET'S GET IT DONE FOLKS!!! This is exciting. Thanks all and Welcome To The NFFC Family!! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:58 am

Man, the Primetime is going to far surpass the Classic now in total entries and I think we're going to easily top 300 teams and reach our goals. The calls are pouring in now for the Primetime event and I'd be surprised if most of those owners didn't sign up in the last week or so. Again, it's sad to talk to so many fantasy owners who have trekked to Las Vegas during each of the last nine years and listen to them as they tell us how disappointed they are in the other contest and our whole industry in general. How could this happen, they say? I have no answer other than to hope they stay in the HSFF space and trust someone new.

We have a lot of folks knocked down but not out. It's good to see Larry Gold back in and I think we might have a Z-Man sighting soon!! :D We're also glad to welcome the team of Christopher Hart and Tobin Biolchini as they will be joining us at the Bellagio on Saturday, Sept. 10th at 10 am for our Primetime Main Event. They also have been long-time WCOFF members who will now replace that Saturday draft with a new Saturday morning draft. Welcome aboard guys and thanks for sticking in the space throughout this mess.

More announcements to come soon. We're just finalizing draft dates for a lot of folks. Thanks all and this will be a fun, fun season for all of us.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 am

I'm glad to welcome Kevin Kirves of Lexington, Kentucky to the NFFC today as Kevin is going to draft in the Primetime Online on Saturday, Sept. 3rd and in Las Vegas on Friday, Sept. 9th. Kevin is a long-time NFBC member who currently has a shot at our $40,000 league prize in the NFBC Ultimate League. He's also a long-time WCOFF member who enjoys going to Las Vegas each season at the start of the NFL season and getting his football fix. Unfortunately, he's also in line for the $200,000 grand prize in the WCOFB and has had a dominant team there for much of the baseball season. The recent blow has been tough for football winners there who didn't get paid, but can you imagine the agony of drafting a winning baseball team, battling for 21+ weeks and seeing what is unfolding now? It's not a good feeling and I know Kevin and others are as upset as anyone with what is going on. But thankfully he hasn't left the space for good and he's still coming to Las Vegas and is willing to do a couple of Primetime teams. And I know he will be back in full force next baseball season in the NFBC. Welcome aboard Kevin and best of luck in the hunt for the $100,000 grand prize and the $5,000 league prizes. See ya in Sin City.