An Open Forum For WCOFF Players

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:36 am

Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:
It seems like the plan will be to hold the drafts. I don't think they have a software supplier, but what do I know... nothing. I am only one of the hundred or so that rolled money over into 2011. No sense letting any of us know what is going on with the remaining 2010 unpaid money, the plan to pay 2011 baseball or who the back end supplier is going to be.....

Pete I'm hearing the same things Pete, but I'm also hearing that he will know for sure on Monday. Oh good, another self-imposed deadline. Listen, if the WCOFF can go forward with a plan that gets everyone paid from 2010 then we'll support it. The entire industry would. But how can you NOT TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS what is going on? And who is running the back-end software? I don't care if you roll over prize money or not, you still have time and money invested in this hobby and you need quality software to run these leagues. I guess we'll find out soon.

It never ends for the players...which might be the intent.

Oh, and if you change the prize structure after players have signed up you do need those players to agree to the new prize structure or receive refunds. You just can't change prize structures to ones that fits your goals. I'm sure a lawyer has already informed them of that, though.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:08 pm

"Oh, and if you change the prize structure after players have signed up you do need those players to agree to the new prize structure or receive refunds. You just can't change prize structures to ones that fits your goals. I'm sure a lawyer has already informed them of that, though."

You are right I am sure...but if you tell your participants that they can either agree to the new lowered prize structure OR not get a refund as they don't have the funds to pay you back...I bet most would say "fine" (and be pissed about it) and play for the lowered prize money...of course that assumes Dustin or someone even communicates those 2 options with his 181 early draft players...which he probably has not.

KO'd

shralpilators

Post by shralpilators » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:21 am

Any news at all?
Anyone?

Sorry to have to bump this up when all the other threads are so much more enjoyable to read!

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:43 am

someone posted this on the ffpc boards:

"I contacted Dustin on Tuesday 8-23-11 and asked if he actually thought they were going to have a draft. He informed me that their lawyers had set a deadline of 7pm that day to complete a deal. I then contacted Dustin on Friday 8-26-11 and it seemed as though his demeanor had changed. First he admitted there was a real possibility that they wouldn't be able to hold a draft this year. Secondly, we discussed that the prize structure had changed to progressive since I had paid for 2 teams on 2-16-11. I had rolled over $1500 in winnings and added $2100 by credit card to pay for two teams. I told him that I intended to dispute the $2100 charge since the terms of the contest had changed. He then stated that he could cut me a check for the $2100 right then. I received the check on Monday 8-29-11 and took it straight to the bank and cashed it. The $1500 in winnings from 2010 was placed back into my "account" and I have faxed in the tax forms to get in line with everyone else awaiting payment. When I spoke to Dustin on Friday he stated that the 2011 entry fees were held separate and anyone that had come out of pocket for the entry fee could call him and request a refund. Good Luck, I also posted this message on the NFFC board."

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:01 am

Dustin emailed me yesterday and gave me a confirmation number at the MGM for the room that was reserved in my name. He suggested that I lock in the rate with my credit card and that the amount I paid would be added back to my account.

He also mentioned that he will make a formal announcement about the draft asap.

The rate for the MGM was very good, less than I had been quoted by a lesser resort (the Luxor). I was glad to get the discount even if I had to pay out of pocket myself.

Personally I am not expecting a wcoff draft this season. I am curious to see how the amount that is owed to us from 2010 football and 2011 baseball will be handled. I have a feeling they will try to piece this back together in the off season and try again for football in 2012. Fortnately I am not owed a "life style changing" amount of money.

Pete

[ August 31, 2011, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

GriffithVT

Post by GriffithVT » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:35 am

The entire thing is beyond comprehension at this point. I don't see how anyone could participate in anything that current management over there is a part of.... I'd bet there is more going on over there than we could ever imagine.

That being said I wish all of you nothing but the best in dealing with such a painful thing. Glad many of you are putting your funds with the NFFC as I have since its inception. You will get paid when you win and will get to play with the best of the best to boot.

Here is to another great year,
Mark
Cobra Kai
The Gstar!

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:51 am

This whole thing reeks of ferret odor if you ask me, man...

Snake man, I have to agree. Not good for the players and not good for the industry. That said, I'm for any plan that gets us paid in the long run.

Pete

[ August 31, 2011, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:53 am

I'm really glad that I came back to the NFFC this season. Greg - thanks for reaching out to those of us that were not paid by the wcoff.

Pete

[ August 31, 2011, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Dawg ]

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:57 am

pete, the only way i see us getting paid is through a lawyer. i wasn't big on this idea before but now i don't see anyother way. the draft is going to be canceled and then they will, more then likely, close the doors....so it becomes a legal thing.

we need to stick together on this and go at them as one. the only way we get paid, is that if there are enough people to make it worth wild for the lawyer to take the case on the come.