An Open Forum For WCOFF Players

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:11 am

obviously one of the worst run businesses in recent memory. they WERE the industry leader just a year ago. wcoff management must be among the worst EVER. can't do much worse than u guys did.

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:57 am

I guess they're sending out E-mails to their client base. I just received one.

No mention of the baseball contest, so on I go.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the World Championship of Fantasy Football has been canceled for the 2011 season. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused our players. Please be assured we exhausted all possible options for a solution which would allow us to host this year's contest.

While the 2011 contest will not be hosted, ownership continues to work towards a successful restructuring of the business with the anticipation of returning in 2012.

Participants previously registered for the 2011 WCOFF will be receiving follow up communication with instructions for requesting refunds of entry fees paid. Additionally, communication will be forthcoming to players with award credit on account.

On behalf of the World Championship of Fantasy Football we thank our loyal supporters and look forward to returning the WCOFF to its position as the premier fantasy contest in the world in 2012. So the game operators waited until 7 days before it was scheduled to start hosting drafts to tell folks that this year's contest is officially cancelled. And they said it was due to unforeseen circumstances. And they said hold onto that unpaid money of yours and we'll see you next year? And they expect people to return in droves? C'mon.

This is CRAZY. There was a calculated reason why this event wasn't officially cancelled before today: To prevent players from playing anywhere else. Sorry guys, your customers are smarter than this. Pay in full before you start planning anything for 2012 or calling yourself the premier contest in the industry. That's insane.

Let's all move on folks. We knew this was coming weeks ago and the space is being well served. Thanks for the memories WCOFF, but it's over. Pay your players IN FULL and be done.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

KOKID

Post by KOKID » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm

Yep...ultimate "if we can't have you no one else can either move" by WCoFF. Very careful to not specifically mention the many folks who rolled their 2010 winnings into 2011 main event entries. They mentioned those previously registered but I suspect those who rolled over funds are not who they mean with that statement. I hope I am wrong but yes seems like a very deliberate way to assure none of that money goes to your contest or any other contest that weekend.

KO'd

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:29 pm

Originally posted by KOKID:
Yep...ultimate "if we can't have you no one else can either move" by WCoFF. Very careful to not specifically mention the many folks who rolled their 2010 winnings into 2011 main event entries. They mentioned those previously registered but I suspect those who rolled over funds are not who they mean with that statement. I hope I am wrong but yes seems like a very deliberate way to assure none of that money goes to your contest or any other contest that weekend.

KO'd A lot of WCOFF members are calling us tonight and you are seeing signups on our list already. Some folks were planning to come out to Las Vegas and still hoping for the best for WCOFF, but this official word is it for them. They are looking for good contests to play and must move on. We sure hope they choose us because the way they have been treated these last nine months is downright horrible.

Come join us WCOFF members. You're more than welcome in the NFFC!!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Come join us WCOFF members. You're more than welcome in the NFFC!! Not only are you welcome but you WILL get paid and you WILL NOT be ignored by Greg and myself for the better part of a year. We're here, we're responsive and we believe in open communication with our players. It's the only way to operate in our opinion and that will never change.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

DoubleG

Post by DoubleG » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:59 pm

and u get a 15% discount if wcoff stiffed you!!!

{sorry about getting stiffed}

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:

No mention of the baseball contest, so on I go. i guess my 675 owed isn't enough to get an email yet.

complete bull
its nice to be the master

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Originally posted by fflmaster:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:

No mention of the baseball contest, so on I go. i guess my 675 owed isn't enough to get an email yet.

complete bull
[/QUOTE]My guess is only those of us signed up for 2011 WCOFF drafts got the email tonignt. It says those with credit winnings in their account will hear more later....

As Greg, Tom and Double G said, come one call all and keep your trip to Vegas this year and draft in the NFFC.

Hope to see some of my WCOFF buddies at the NFFC draft tables with me.

Pete

Monkeyville

Post by Monkeyville » Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:28 pm

Unreal...
FEAR THE MONKEY!!!