NFFC Progress Report

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:04 am

Okay, just a quick update here: We have cancelled the Ultimate Auction League on Sunday, Sept. 2nd as it was obvious that we weren't going to get 14 owners there. We peaked at seven owners, but plans and commitments eventually limited our participation there. No problem as it was a good try while it lasted.

We are still working on a second Ultimate Draft League and can even patch folks into that draft via phone if needed. It looks like we're at 7 or 8 owners now for that one, so it has a chance. Let me know if you're interested and we'll put you on the list and do our best to fill that one up. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

LETSROLL2007

NFFC Progress Report

Post by LETSROLL2007 » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:04 am

Question:

If the ultimate leagues are reformed into 2,12 team leagues, does the draft then return to the normal serpentine draft method of most leagues?

gocolorado

NFFC Progress Report

Post by gocolorado » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:16 pm

Greg,

What does the auction league in Tampa look like? Are we going to have the 14 teams needed?

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:56 am

Originally posted by Barry Sanders:
Question:

If the ultimate leagues are reformed into 2,12 team leagues, does the draft then return to the normal serpentine draft method of most leagues? No, we won't go to 2 12-team leagues. The first Ultimate Draft League of 14 teams is set and will be using 3RR. We'd use 3RR in this second Ultimate League as well. There seems to be interest in this second league now, so we'll see where it takes us.

Owners have said they'd like to go h2h and total points during the regular season in this second Ultimate League and then have Total Points during the three-week playoff among the qualifying teams. That definitely could be fun. I'm all for that. Shootout during the last three weeks plus your weekly scoring average for the top prize money. Anyone else like that format for this second Ultimate League, which we'd host at 5 p.m. EST???
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:58 am

Originally posted by Kodiak Killerz:
Greg,

What does the auction league in Tampa look like? Are we going to have the 14 teams needed? I definitely want to run the auction league in Tampa as we have eight strong participants now and two others have inquired about it. Could we go with the 10 there and patch in four owners from Chicago or Las Vegas? I think so and I trust it would work well if the Tampa owners agree. That might be the plan if we can't fill this on our own in Tampa.

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:02 am

We now have 21 full leagues for the main event and already have signups for the 22nd league. It's an interesting time now because we're hitting the credit cards and some folks don't have the money now or their plans have changed. So you'll probably notice a lot of new signups and old signups disappearing over the next few days. It always happens, but we're getting solidified now and we're still on pace for 26 full leagues. Should be a fun last two weeks of signups.

Our goal is always to get draft picks to you as soon as possible, but the goal is to sell out with perfect numbers in each city and we may need the full time to do that. We'll see how it plays out the week of Aug. 22-24, but the latest you'll get your picks is Monday, Aug. 27th. Hopefully sooner than that, but on that day for sure. Keep the signups coming and don't wait too long if you want to get in. We have less than 70 spots left.

King of Queens

NFFC Progress Report

Post by King of Queens » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:13 am

Greg, when you hit the "300" sign-up mark, I think you need to shout out:

SPARTANS! PREPARE FOR GLORY!

Route Collectors

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Route Collectors » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:20 am

Greg...care to update this thread. My count is 309 signups for the main. How many spots left in each city?

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Progress Report

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:42 am

Originally posted by Route C:
Greg...care to update this thread. My count is 309 signups for the main. How many spots left in each city? Officially, we have 310 paid signups for the main event. All of the credit cards have been processed and all on the list are good to go. I have a nice stack of signups on my desk just waiting for cc confirmation, so we're heading in the right direction for league number 23 and last year's total of 322 teams. Our buddy Brian Swaw at ESPN Radio 1000 in Chicago has a handful of teams lined up for us as well and I know the guys at FFChamps.com are ready with three teams to compete in New York.

I've called or personally e-mailed just about everyone who competed last year in the NFFC, so I have a good idea how many stragglers we have out there. We're going to finish at a good number, but it might take until the signup deadline to get there. That's the unfortunate thing, but those things happen. Last year we announced draft spots on the Friday night before the deadline and I'd love to do that again, but I'm not sure we'll be able to as Tom and I are running the ESPN Radio 1000 Chicago Fantasy Football Championship there next weekend.

So all is going good, but our beloved members may have to be patient with their draft picks. Or they'll have to tell our fence-sitters to get up and officially sign up!! :D We've slowed down this last week, but I trust this final week will be wild.

Sound good? All of our signups are there for all to see, so we're rolling toward our goal in every event and running satellite leagues at the same time. It's a fun but crazy time indeed.

If I had to guess, I could see:
8 full leagues in Las Vegas (109 now)
8-9 leagues in New York (99 now)
6 full leagues in Chicago (66 now)
3 in Tampa (working on 37 there now)

That would be 26 leagues and 364 teams. A sellout for us. I'd be happy with that!!!

Now, keep those signups coming. We're almost there.