Tom/Greg

CoMoHusker

Tom/Greg

Post by CoMoHusker » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:25 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by CoMoHusker:
I think the Packers were lucky that it was even as close as the final score indicated. The Pack benefited from two horrible calls be the refs (Jennings fumble and the phantom roughing the passer call) that resulted in 14 points.

The defense was horrible all year. Sure, they got a lot of take aways but couldn't stop anyone when they needed to. The offense carried that team all year and just didn't show up last night.

I think the first onsides kick call is getting too much play. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the possession that the Giants had the FG blocked? If so, that call by McCarty cost them nothing even though it was a horrible decision to begin with. Correct, the giants did not score on that possession, but we had just scored to tie it up at 10-10 with a solid drive, so it was an odd time for an onside. It looked like he was telling the defense he had no confidence in stopping the Giants for a full field, so why not take a chance and give our offense the ball.

But you are right, it did not factor in the final score at all. The big was the Kuhn fumble because the Pack had the chance to go up at haltime with that final drive and then get the ball to start the second half. That's why McCarthy deferred to start the game. Instead they went down 20-10 instead of up maybe 17-13 or tied 13-13.

The Giants were the better team yesterday and the Packers were exposed for what they are. They need defensive help and more of a running game. Grant is gone and Starks is too injury prone to be the answer. Sucks.
[/QUOTE]All good points Greg. That Bradshaw run late in the half to set up the hail mary was a game changer.

What do you think about the Packers going after a guy like Michael Bush to help their run game? Seems like he may be a good option to pound the ball late in the year, especially if the whether is bad.
Go Big Red!

bald is beautiful

Tom/Greg

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:53 am

As fans, you LIVE for the playoffs because you know anything can happen once "you get in." But right now there are fan bases in Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Atlanta and New Orleans that just feel LIKE CRAP!! Right? We made it to the playoffs and our teams just crapped the bed in the playoffs. I mean, brutal, terrible performances/defeats, right? Now that's no fun!! :D

But I'm sure we're all ready for the next ride. Bring on 2012. But please don't beat us down so bad at the end. This hurts. REALLY HURTS. 1) Very strange that Green Bay was the 6th seed last year and wins it, and is the 1st seed this year and lays an egg.

2) Even though it is 25 years later, I remember very well the feeling when the Bears lost two years in a row to the Redskins in '86 and '87 when the Bears were dominant. It was a terrible feeling. I figured they had at least 2 or 3 Super Bowl wins in them.

Greg, at least the Packers are winning or contending for Super Bowls more frequently than the Bears have been over the last 25 years. You cheeseheads still have that over your more intelligent neighbors to the South. :D

bald is beautiful

Tom/Greg

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:56 am

The Nicks' Hail Mary play was terrible for the Packers. It's not like Nicks is 6'5 like Calvin or bigger like Graham or Gronk and he skied over them. Where were the defenders? They really weren't even that close to him. Why not put Jackwagon Finley in there to bat it down? At least he doesn't have to catch a defense Hail Mary!

Tom/Greg

Post by 751542 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:13 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
The Nicks' Hail Mary play was terrible for the Packers. It's not like Nicks is 6'5 like Calvin or bigger like Graham or Gronk and he skied over them. Where were the defenders? They really weren't even that close to him. Why not put Jackwagon Finley in there to bat it down? At least he doesn't have to catch a defense Hail Mary! funny! i like it and so true..remember 2 years when finley was all the buzz, that was fleeting. he is now on the no touch list! hands of stone :eek: and no i didnt have him in 1 playoff league so i am not bitter :D

BillyWaz

Tom/Greg

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:30 am

Originally posted by RAPTORS9:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
The Nicks' Hail Mary play was terrible for the Packers. It's not like Nicks is 6'5 like Calvin or bigger like Graham or Gronk and he skied over them. Where were the defenders? They really weren't even that close to him. Why not put Jackwagon Finley in there to bat it down? At least he doesn't have to catch a defense Hail Mary! funny! i like it and so true..remember 2 years when finley was all the buzz [/QUOTE]Wayne Ellis is the biggest Finley fan I know....I think he has a poster of him above his bed!!

Greg,

You mentioned about all the Giants fans at the game, and although you couldn't see them on tv, I was SHOCKED when everytime Victor Cruz caught a ball, and you heard "CRUUUUUUUUZ".

As Steelers fan, I am embarrassed by our performance against Denver, but I know Steelers fans wouldn't sell their tickets to the opposing team (sure a few......but nothing like that!) :rolleyes:

renman

Tom/Greg

Post by renman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:53 am

I have to admit that I think not playing any meaningful football for 3 weeks hurts. I think it gets teams out of rhythm. The Packers sat their main players in week 17 and then had a bye. So they have not played meaningful football since week 16 and I think it resulted in sloppy play.

Combine that with running into a team that is surging and peaking, can beat the Packers (down field passing game) where the Packers are quite vulnerable and the one and done format of the NFL playoffs and this kind of thing can happen.

Tip your hat to the Giants and draft well for the defense.

Coltsfan

Tom/Greg

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:13 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by RAPTORS9:
quote:Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
The Nicks' Hail Mary play was terrible for the Packers. It's not like Nicks is 6'5 like Calvin or bigger like Graham or Gronk and he skied over them. Where were the defenders? They really weren't even that close to him. Why not put Jackwagon Finley in there to bat it down? At least he doesn't have to catch a defense Hail Mary! funny! i like it and so true..remember 2 years when finley was all the buzz [/QUOTE]Wayne Ellis is the biggest Finley fan I know....I think he has a poster of him above his bed!!

Greg,

You mentioned about all the Giants fans at the game, and although you couldn't see them on tv, I was SHOCKED when everytime Victor Cruz caught a ball, and you heard "CRUUUUUUUUZ".

As Steelers fan, I am embarrassed by our performance against Denver, but I know Steelers fans wouldn't sell their tickets to the opposing team (sure a few......but nothing like that!) :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]Was the biggest fan Billy!

Wayne

Shrink Attack

Tom/Greg

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:29 am

As fans, you LIVE for the playoffs because you know anything can happen once "you get in." But right now there are fan bases in Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Atlanta and New Orleans that just feel LIKE CRAP!! Right? We made it to the playoffs and our teams just crapped the bed in the playoffs. I mean, brutal, terrible performances/defeats, right? Now that's no fun!! :D

But I'm sure we're all ready for the next ride. Bring on 2012. But please don't beat us down so bad at the end. This hurts. REALLY HURTS. Greg...Sorry about the punch in the gut yesterday. That will take time to fade.

But let me ask you, which do you think is worse from a "fans who feel like crap" standpoint:

1) Your team is the defending Super Bowl champs, goes 15-1 in the regular season, but gets bounced from the playoffs after a bye.

OR

2) Your team eeks into the playoffs carrying no Offensive identity, whose offense then doesn't score a SINGLE point while being routed in the First Round, and whose first response to fix this fiasco is to then promptly hire the OC whose team just finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in Total Offense?

I submit to you that Falcons fans feel even worse. At least Green Bay will still have a solid, winning team next season. The Atlanta fan base is going bezerk on the Falcon blogs. The season ticket renewal numbers are already taking a huge hit. At least the Packers always show a commitment to winning, even if their efforts fall short. The Falcons...not so much.

Mike Smith seems intent on bringing in as many Jacksonville people as possible, in order to emulate the "Jaguar way" since that has been so successful. :rolleyes:

I think we need to trade for Blaine Gabbert to back up Ryan, and hire Jack Del Rio as DC. Yeah, that's the ticket...

[ January 16, 2012, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: Shrink Attack ]
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

bald is beautiful

Tom/Greg

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:26 am

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

But I'm sure we're all ready for the next ride. Bring on 2012. But please don't beat us down so bad at the end. This hurts. REALLY HURTS. Greg...Sorry about the punch in the gut yesterday. That will take time to fade.

But let me ask you, which do you think is worse from a "fans who feel like crap" standpoint:

1) Your team is the defending Super Bowl champs, goes 15-1 in the regular season, but gets bounced from the playoffs after a bye.

OR

2) Your team eeks into the playoffs carrying no Offensive identity, whose offense then doesn't score a SINGLE point while being routed in the First Round, and whose first response to fix this fiasco is to then promptly hire the OC whose team just finished DEAD LAST in the NFL in Total Offense?

I submit to you that Falcons fans feel even worse. At least Green Bay will still have a solid, winning team next season. The Atlanta fan base is going bezerk on the Falcon blogs. The season ticket renewal numbers are already taking a huge hit. At least the Packers always show a commitment to winning, even if their efforts fall short. The Falcons...not so much.

Mike Smith seems intent on bringing in as many Jacksonville people as possible, in order to emulate the "Jaguar way" since that has been so successful. :rolleyes:

I think we need to trade for Blaine Gabbert to back up Ryan, and hire Jack Del Rio as DC. Yeah, that's the ticket...
[/QUOTE]I'm having WAY too much compassion for other team's today.

I really do feel badly for you, Shrink. I read on Rotoworld that the Falcons want to "improve" their screen game. I just shook my head. How about improve their playcalling to focus on their two stud WR's!!!

Shrink Attack

Tom/Greg

Post by Shrink Attack » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:59 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

OR

[/QUOTE]I'm having WAY too much compassion for other team's today.

I really do feel badly for you, Shrink. I read on Rotoworld that the Falcons want to "improve" their screen game. I just shook my head. How about improve their playcalling to focus on their two stud WR's!!!
[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly, Jack. It'll just be more of the same.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven