Thanks for 16 years Brett ...

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:08 am

Maybe it's me, but the only thing I saw him do last year was send The Gints to the Super Bowl
;)

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 am

Snake ... it's rare you miss the big picture.

This is all about GB keeping the Farve revenue gravy train for the team (but playing their boy Rogers). The 25 mill to NOT play is about protecting the 100 mill he could make the organization over the next 5 years. The kicked Farve to the curb and are protecting their marketing income by ending his career. It's that simple.

You surprise me here.
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 am

Originally posted by DOOMSDAY:
Maybe it's me, but the only thing I saw him do last year was send The Gints to the Super Bowl
;) LMAO ... I lost $1500 on that throw ($60 at 25 to 1).
Hakuna Matata!

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 am

OUCH! I feel your pain on that one.
25-1 just to make it is a nice play.

I had a 100 on my Boys to win it all at 12-1, but it is not worth the lower odds this year as we all no anything can happen.

As I posted in another thread sometime back, the one team I'm surprised is not pursuing Favre is Baltimore. Seems like a perfect "one-year" fit.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:37 am

I also took Min at 25-1, and even Detroit at 75 to 1!!! (they started off 8-2 if I remember correctly) ... they were all just bets against the Bears really ... that's why the were all nice plays (and they we're all bets to GET TO the super bowl ... not even win it)
Hakuna Matata!

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:34 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

This is all about GB keeping the Farve revenue gravy train for the team (but playing their boy Rogers). The 25 mill to NOT play is about protecting the 100 mill he could make the organization over the next 5 years. The kicked Farve to the curb and are protecting their marketing income by ending his career. It's that simple.

You surprise me here. ...so it's about the loot you say, eh?...well, call The Serpent old fashioned here if you will but sorry as there is no i in team...SNAKE fully realizes that he is in the minority on this topic but contrary to popular belief Brett Favre is NOT the Green Bay Packers but rather a piece of the team, albeit a large piece...the kat is not GM, owner and/or coach but rather a player, plain and simple...and no player, even Brett Favre, is larger than the team...in addition to that, SNAKE truly believes that last year was indeed his last hurrah and it's all a rather fast downhill pigskin spiral from here on in...SNAKE would like nothing better than to see him traded to Minny and have him revert back to the Favre form of old prior to last year's magical season thereby sinking the Viking ship down along with him in '08...so srory Comrade Big Mike as SNAKE usually seethes your point of view as well, but not here this time...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]this favre issue has nothing to do with money..it's a 38 year old guy that can't make up his mind what he wants to do with his POST prime years..he s..t in his own nest with GB, and he woke up and really thought they would welcome him back with open arms. now, if he wants to play, he has to go to an inferior team, and attempt to be the hero he once was in GB. good luck brett, we will always remember you as a packer, not a buc, or a jet, or a vike, or a bear.

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:55 pm

You surprise me here. ...so it's about the loot you say, eh?...well, call The Serpent old fashioned here if you will but sorry as there is no i in team...SNAKE fully realizes that he is in the minority on this topic but contrary to popular belief Brett Favre is NOT the Green Bay Packers but rather a piece of the team, albeit a large piece...the kat is not GM, owner and/or coach but rather a player, plain and simple...and no player, even Brett Favre, is larger than the team...in addition to that, SNAKE truly believes that last year was indeed his last hurrah and it's all a rather fast downhill pigskin spiral from here on in...SNAKE would like nothing better than to see him traded to Minny and have him revert back to the Favre form of old prior to last year's magical season thereby sinking the Viking ship down alongside him in '08...so sorry Comrade Big Mike as SNAKE usually seethes your point of view as well, but not here this time...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]For once I actually agree with SNAKE here. I don't think there is anyone else out there that is sicker than I am of hearing about Favre every single day all day. I hope he moves on and falls flat on his face or GB sits his old crusty ass on the bench all season. I for one don't care if Rodgers throws 50 INT's and no TD's and the Packers don't win a single game. I just want to stop hearing about Favre. Just go back to Redneckville, MS and fade away.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:44 pm

You surprise me here. ...so it's about the loot you say, eh?...well, call The Serpent old fashioned here if you will but sorry as there is no i in team...SNAKE fully realizes that he is in the minority on this topic but contrary to popular belief Brett Favre is NOT the Green Bay Packers but rather a piece of the team, albeit a large piece...the kat is not GM, owner and/or coach but rather a player, plain and simple...and no player, even Brett Favre, is larger than the team...in addition to that, SNAKE truly believes that last year was indeed his last hurrah and it's all a rather fast downhill pigskin spiral from here on in...SNAKE would like nothing better than to see him traded to Minny and have him revert back to the Favre form of old prior to last year's magical season thereby sinking the Viking ship down alongside him in '08...so sorry Comrade Big Mike as SNAKE usually seethes your point of view as well, but not here this time...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I wonder if you thought 2006 was his last hurrah before he had a great 2007 and led the Pack to a 13-3 record.

Management is at much as fault here as Brett is about announcing his retirement back in March. Even just as recently with the "buy out" attempt and 2 days ago saying it would be an open competition - as if we don't know who would win that "competition." Murphy said the Packers are better with Brett on the roster and they will use it to their advantage but below the surface, they still don't want him back. Unbelieveable. Go with your best team this year- Favre as the qb. Rodgers will be there next year. You can also slap the franchise tag on him too next yr- (if they're so confident in Rodgers ability). Whole thing equals total mess- never thought it would all come down to this.

Go Bucs or wherever Brett ends up!

[ August 05, 2008, 11:53 PM: Message edited by: rkulaski ]

wayne123

Post by wayne123 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:10 pm

This is not college, this is the NFL. It is a celebrity league, not a league where the best players play. Farve is the biggest celebrity in the league. It really doesn't matter if he is any good or not, the Packers have made a big mistake and are attempting to mitigate their blunder by damaging his celebrity status. This is a classic lose-lose senerio...too bad for all!
I AM BLUE_FOOT.