Sloppy Seconds

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:48 pm

Originally posted by Diesel:
I'm a big boy, Greg...6'0, 230...But Big Mike is like Big John Stud from the old WWF, from what I hear...lol

If you need me to start working out again and get into shape for some whuppass, just give me the word Greg, and we'll start teaching some JOHNNIE CAKES a lesson....LOL I loved Big John Stud (well, not literally :D )! He's not alive anymore, I don't believe. Okay, if we get to the Caged Match -- which I don't think we will -- I'll call on Big Mike. Hopefully we'll just have a fun NFFC vs. WCOFF fight for points. It sure would be a fun contest and would create LOTS of Message Board chatter.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Route Collectors

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:52 pm

Greg - do you even need to ask if I'm interested in this? :rolleyes:

BTW - no need to waste Rocky's time...Billy and I would be glad to pick up the WallaWuss at the airport. No guarantees that he's making it back to the Marriot though! :D

So how you gonna pick our team Greg.....1st 13 or invitation only?

Route Collectors

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Route Collectors » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:54 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the only question that SNAKE has here is who will be The NFFC's Broadway Joe?..SNAKE Has to be someone with non-stop verbage....that would be you mate! :D

King of Queens

Sloppy Seconds

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:02 pm

Originally posted by Route C:
So how you gonna pick our team Greg.....1st 13 or invitation only? I say Greg should hand pick this team. Then he could properly enter the WCOFF Saloon with his gunslingers, and challenge Lenny et al to a duel.

Draft times should be set for High Noon (EDT, of course).

This will be like the Magnificent Seven, only there will be 13 of us -- 14 including Greg :D

sportsbettingman

Sloppy Seconds

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:46 pm

A couple comments...

As a vet of the WCOFF...I'd guess they'd enjoy the challenge...competition is why the winners win.

As for publicity...you may be right...but Lenny is a pretty wild man...and may take a fun challenge.

Follow me and Rob Zarzycki should go with the game they played first.

A side note...(according to your logic on these boards)...I open up a "Lance's Fantasy Football League"...with 16 team leagues..."How can you continue to play that "baby fed" 14 team stuff...come join the BIG BOYS at Lance's!!!"...it's soooooo much tougher to win, and rewards the BEST managers!

Please...it's all relative.

I love Lenny and Emil, and I love Greg and Tom. (In a respect manner of love)...and both games have grown...there is no rush to drain the demand...gradual growth is healthy.

Like the WSOP...I feel the more you focused on satellite leagues that gave the top 2 or 3 winners a pass to the following years Main event...the better. Up the entry to $300, and gaurantee 3 more players for the following year.

Simple genius.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:20 pm

For me, Lance, the 14 vs. 12 argument is enjoyment and challenge but as you say this is relative and everyone has their own favoritisms. Don't take the negative as being against the WCOFF as there are guys on these boards who would argue for 2 months whether the sky was blue or gray just for the sake of argueing with someone who likes to argue back. But as has been noted by Greg on these boards on a number of occasions, the WCOFF laid the foundation for our game and the only reason for the 14 vs. 12 is a 13-week regular season vs. 11-week regular season. Pick which one you like and play.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

sportsbettingman

Sloppy Seconds

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:26 pm

The more weeks the regular season is...the better.

I offered ideas to deaf ears before, stating an overlap system that both ended the regular season and also started the playoffs.

(i.e...weeks 12 and 13 count toward finding out who makes the playoffs...and also count toward the playoff points...depending on if you make it)

You seem cool, scarecrow.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

mikeybok

Sloppy Seconds

Post by mikeybok » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:28 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I loved Big John Stud (well, not literally :D )! He's not alive anymore, I don't believe. Okay, if we get to the Caged Match -- which I don't think we will -- I'll call on Big Mike. Hopefully we'll just have a fun NFFC vs. WCOFF fight for points. It sure would be a fun contest and would create LOTS of Message Board chatter. Originally posted by Route C:
Greg - do you even need to ask if I'm interested in this? :rolleyes: Hey ... if Jeff (Route C) wants to be in the cage match ... I'll bow out gracefully on that! :D

As far as the challenge with the WCOFF goes ... why not keep it fun and have a group of six play the WCOFF with a regular contest and a group of 7 play here in a seperate DraftChampions challenge. Hey ... a split is very possible and gives both leagues bragging rights! I am bias ... but I think our advantage in the DraftChampions league would be huge of course. And I have confidence that guys here in the 14 team leagues could adapt to the 12 man systems. Just a thought.

A split would be good ... and a sweep would be better! I just don't think guys from the 12 man league will be able to adapt as well to our scoring in the 14 team draftchampions league as we will their scoring and a 12 man league. The two league contest will make in stand out over the 6 dozen "experts leagues" we see every year. I would say everyone puts in two hundered ... winning team of each league doubles their money. If they want ... Tom, Greg, Lenny and Emil (if Emil survives the cage match with Route C) could each lead a league and be in this one.
Hakuna Matata!

Greg Ambrosius

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:29 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Route C:
So how you gonna pick our team Greg.....1st 13 or invitation only? I say Greg should hand pick this team. Then he could properly enter the WCOFF Saloon with his gunslingers, and challenge Lenny et al to a duel.

Draft times should be set for High Noon (EDT, of course).

This will be like the Magnificent Seven, only there will be 13 of us -- 14 including Greg :D
[/QUOTE]Agreed on all! But I want the whistle from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly to follow me into the saloon like it followed Clint Eastwood through the whole movie! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius