Sloppy Seconds

sportsbettingman

Sloppy Seconds

Post by sportsbettingman » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:25 am

Gotta love the whistle and the background "Aaaaiiiaaaiiiaaaaaah...bwa bwaa bwaaaaa!"

As for the prize package to be fair...

1. 2006 ***** Entrance fee (approximate value of $1,495) 2. 2006 Events fee which includes one night hotel accommodations, and two tickets to the WCOFF/Kickoff party (approximate value of $385) 3. Three Hundred dollars cash for airfare to Las Vegas, NV. 4. Additional night's hotel accommodation. (approximate value of $150)

* ***** may, at its sole discretion, replace the entire prize package with $2,000 cash between January 1, 2007 and September 30, 2007. Prize winner may request and accept a cash payout of $2,000 between January 1, 2007 and March 1, 2007.

Just being fair here.

As for TURBOUGH...what happened??? Banned???

Gotta KNOWWWWWWW!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Nag'

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:54 am

This is funny. Same cast of characters once again trashing the WCOFF for absolutely no reason, meanwhile one of the most successful "hardcore" NFFCers has very quitely joined the WCOFF.

[ July 12, 2006, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

BillyWaz

Sloppy Seconds

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:58 am

Originally posted by Nag':
This is funny. Same cast of characters once again trashing the WCOFF for absolutely no reason, meanwhile one of the most successful "hardcore" NFFCers has very quitely joined the WCOFF. Who is the "hardcore" player?

I am bashing it because of things I have heard from someone who played there (poor customer service, $$ due up front and no credit cards). That may not represent the whole picture, but I don't need a "tour guide" to tell me that the "entertainment fee" is a total scam!

If I am one of the people you were referring to, then yes, you are correct.

If not, then put me in that group. :D

Nag'

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:09 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I am bashing it because of things I have heard from someone who played there (poor customer service, $$ due up front and no credit cards). That may not represent the whole picture, but I don't need a "tour guide" to tell me that the "entertainment fee" is a total scam!
There are some who will say a Ferrari F430 isn't that great great because you can get similar performance from a Z06 vette for less than 1/2 the price, it's not an every day car and it's too loud. These people would not be incorrect, technically, but they would clearly be missing the point.
For Players. By Players.

edelman24

Sloppy Seconds

Post by edelman24 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:17 am

Well just to throw my 2 cents in..I've been a member of both ***** and NFFC for 3 years, and it doesn't even come close. If you want to play for $200K vs a field of 800+ that's the only thing that ***** has going for it if you ask me. They ask for a deposit then won't give it back if you decide not to play after 5/31, they don't accept CC for payment, and they require payment by 7/5 to guarntee yourself a spot all of which are ridiculous, not to mention the events fees. I book a trip to vegas every year and this year I decided to still goto vegas but to let ***** keep my deposit as I will not be returning as I feel the events fee's and payout rates are just not worth it, and Don't even get me started on the customer service over there its like comparing going to Mcdonald's to a five star restaurant when dealing with Greg and Tom. I am signed up for 3 events at the NFFC and am a lifer! Thanks for doing a great job guys its much appreciated... :D

TamuScarecrow

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TamuScarecrow » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:24 am

We know it wasn't SNAKE, NAG, because he doesn't do anything quiet. :D
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

Nag'

Sloppy Seconds

Post by Nag' » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:27 am

Originally posted by Tamuscarecrow:
We know it wasn't SNAKE, NAG, because he doesn't do anything quiet. :D He also doesn't fit the description of being a "successful" NFFCer.
For Players. By Players.

RI WORKHORSE

Sloppy Seconds

Post by RI WORKHORSE » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:30 am

Originally posted by edelman24:
and Don't even get me started on the customer service over there its like comparing going to Mcdonald's to a five star restaurant when dealing with Greg and Tom. I am signed up for 3 events at the NFFC and am a lifer! Thanks for doing a great job guys its much appreciated... :D Thats my feeling also,100% right on the money....Like i said I would be honest.I checked out WCRAP....I felt Like I was doing something wrong by trying to sign up and ask questions.It's like they didn't even want my money....Not a big fan of the 12 teamers anyway...I think most of us agree that the bigger the pot,the more people want to play.....Kind of like playing the powerball....Nobody buys a ticket untill it gets up to 200 million.....

Johnny
I.W
Johnny Frisella

TURBOUGH

Sloppy Seconds

Post by TURBOUGH » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:07 am

Ok. Now for my 2 cents. The customer service at WACKOFF Sucks!!!

The event itself is great. The addreneline starts pumping as the draft nears. I truly enjoyed it each year I was in (2001-2004). I'm good friends with a couple of guys that I met because of that league. It really is a neat experience.

One of those friends have also decided to bail on the main event. They have also been threatened on the message board by the commish. You either see it their way or get the hell out. Your opinion is not valued or wanted. Extremely poor customer service.