Thanks For The Shout Out On The FBG Boards, Gordon

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Tue May 17, 2005 4:56 pm

Originally posted by Z-Men:
I tell you one thing that's very classy about the NFFC -- it allows its members to openly discuss/compliment/criticize the WCOFF and any other competitors on its message boards. Very respectable. -z- NFFC 1 - WCOFF 0

No doubts there!!!
For Players. By Players.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 18, 2005 2:27 am

Robert, I would add that we also (and more importantly) welcome constructive discussion about our own event. We're not above being given advice or opinions about how we can improve our event. Our main goal is to make this an event that you the participants enjoy and want to keep coming back to. So feedback is always welcome and appreciated.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 18, 2005 2:36 am

Originally posted by Z-Men:
I tell you one thing that's very classy about the NFFC -- it allows its members to openly discuss/compliment/criticize the WCOFF and any other competitors on its message boards. Very respectable. -z- That's it, I've had it! From now on that other event will be known as ****! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Team Legacy

Post by Team Legacy » Wed May 18, 2005 2:49 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Robert, I would add that we also (and more importantly) welcome constructive discussion about our own event. We're not above being given advice or opinions about how we can improve our event. Our main goal is to make this an event that you the participants enjoy and want to keep coming back to. So feedback is always welcome and appreciated. Tom, to their defense, they have always allowed constructive discussion (in your words), but the **** still makes me chuckle to this day.
Twitter: @ScottFantasy

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed May 18, 2005 3:17 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
Tom, to their defense, they have always allowed constructive discussion (in your words), but the **** still makes me chuckle to this day. I'm totally with Scott on this. -z-
Robert Zarzycki
Author of Drafting To Win & Fantasy Football's Big Six (AuthorHouse.com)

BluePeep

Post by BluePeep » Wed May 18, 2005 3:18 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just for good measure, we'll begin our ad campaign on footballguys.com immediately with buttons and banners. We're also producing the footballguys.com Fantasy Football magazine this year, one of nine titles we're currently producing. Each NFFC member will get that either before Draft Day or on Draft Day. Those guys are passionate on there and we hope to reach out to more guys like the guy who started that thread. Sounds like a fun and exciting league... I swam over here after reading and posting in that FBG thread....

Word on the street is last year's Champ is nothing but a Guppy and there's Free Money over here. : P

A buddy and I were looking to go to Vegas for the WCOFF but, not sure that will go over well with the ladies since Saturday would be drafting all day and Sunday would be football, even if they did come (Sounds like a woman mess to me)... A draft the week before in NYC could be just the thing....

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed May 18, 2005 3:19 am

Originally posted by Team Legacy:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Robert, I would add that we also (and more importantly) welcome constructive discussion about our own event. We're not above being given advice or opinions about how we can improve our event. Our main goal is to make this an event that you the participants enjoy and want to keep coming back to. So feedback is always welcome and appreciated. Tom, to their defense, they have always allowed constructive discussion (in your words), but the **** still makes me chuckle to this day. [/QUOTE]I wasn't trying to draw a comparison between us and the WCOFF with my post. I was just saying that we really do value our participants' comments about our event and what you think we need to do to improve going forward.

That's it.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am

Originally posted by Demonz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Just for good measure, we'll begin our ad campaign on footballguys.com immediately with buttons and banners. We're also producing the footballguys.com Fantasy Football magazine this year, one of nine titles we're currently producing. Each NFFC member will get that either before Draft Day or on Draft Day. Those guys are passionate on there and we hope to reach out to more guys like the guy who started that thread. Sounds like a fun and exciting league... I swam over here after reading and posting in that FBG thread....

Word on the street is last year's Champ is nothing but a Guppy and there's Free Money over here. : P

A buddy and I were looking to go to Vegas for the WCOFF but, not sure that will go over well with the ladies since Saturday would be drafting all day and Sunday would be football, even if they did come (Sounds like a woman mess to me)... A draft the week before in NYC could be just the thing....
[/QUOTE]Demonz, welcome over here. First of all, Joe and David are first rate over there at footballguys.com and we're glad to be working with them on their debut magazine. Tom is working on the layouts right now and we'll be going to press within days for that one. Should be a GREAT debut fantasy football issue.

Secondly, we'll treat you well in the NFFC. Last year we had Ottis Anderson speak at the Welcome Reception in New York and we have a fine sponsor that provides drinks before the draft starts. Not that we want you too tipsy during your draft, but we all could use a little calming solution before the big test, right? :D

Finally, Mr. Gekko is the defending champion and he deserves his due. But trust me, the competition was tough and this year's competition will be even tougher. We had 224 players and paid out almost 85 percent as we took a hit during the first year, but established the foundation for what we believe will be a top event in the industry for years to come. This year our National Fantasy Baseball Championship sold out all 300 spots and even had two leagues of 15 teams each at $5,000/team, called the NFBC Ultimate. We'll have auction leagues on Friday this year in the NFFC, a Draft Champions League on Friday, the main event on Saturday and the debut NFFC Ultimate on Sunday ($5,000/team).

The comraderie here is first-rate, once you figure out the bite isn't as damaging as the bark. We should have 8-10 leagues at the New York Hilton this year and you can re-invest the money you save on travel and makeups with the Mrs. on other fantasy ventures. Feel free to contact me anytime at [email protected] if you need any more information on us, but surf around here and hopefully you'll dive in with us. We have 80 signups right now and will hit our goal of 350 by Draft Day and maybe more.

Thanks for dropping by. Hopefully you'll stick around for awhile!
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed May 18, 2005 3:43 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I was just saying that we really do value our participants' comments about our event and what you think we need to do to improve going forward. From what I've experienced and witnessed so far, I don't think you even have to make that statement Tom. I believe your actions already prove it, and that's obviously much bigger than words. -z-
Robert Zarzycki

Robert Zarzycki

Post by Robert Zarzycki » Wed May 18, 2005 3:46 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
... we have a fine sponsor that provides drinks before the draft starts. Not that we want you too tipsy during your draft, but we all could use a little calming solution before the big test, right? :D Niiiiiiiiiiice. But no drinks in the draft I assume? -z-
Robert Zarzycki