Eagles/Vikings???

particra

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by particra » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:35 am

Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
game played tues. 8pm . now lets say jets beat bears and pack beats giants. eagles have division and 2nd seed locked up. who plays and who sits. just a thought. Not possible for Eagles to clinch the 2 seed until next week. Won't be an issue.

BillyWaz

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:38 am

Originally posted by Hells Satans:
quote:Originally posted by THE_BLACKHAND:
game played tues. 8pm . now lets say jets beat bears and pack beats giants. eagles have division and 2nd seed locked up. who plays and who sits. just a thought. Not possible for Eagles to clinch the 2 seed until next week. Won't be an issue. [/QUOTE]Correct.

Bears own tiebreaker against Eagles and have identical records, so Philly has to play this week.

BLACKHAND

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:40 am

would have made interesting fantasy plays. oh well. :rolleyes:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BLACKHAND

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by BLACKHAND » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:47 am

a foot of snow coming. eagle game done for tonite. please can the NFL move the colt-raider game to 8pm tonite. dont know if toledo/ flor int. will do the trick. :cool:
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Old School

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by Old School » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 am

I think this is a complete farce by the NFL. Other teams deal with weather. It sets a bad precedent. What next?

I think the Eagles and Vick should have had to face the blizzard. Playing fantasy teams that have eagles this week, I would bet the stats would be less impressive for them.It may make a difference.

Why didn't they move the Vikings game last week to better spot? I find myself rooting against the Eagles for a number of reasons now.

Go Vikes and I hope Favre plays!

[ December 27, 2010, 02:33 PM: Message edited by: Old School ]

GOD Hates You

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by GOD Hates You » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:47 am

Any thoughts on why exactly the game was moved? Was it traffic concerns, ridding the stadium of snow, fan safety in the stadium, or all of these combined. Or other issues. I think it is a bad precedent as stated by the above poster. If it is a traffic concern/safety what do you do when there is a blizzard or just heavy snow in Minnesota or Detroit when the game is indoors. The same traffic concerns exist in those situations.

Chi_Town_FEW

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

It is a bad precedent. It is also all of the above. When fans would start to get to the parking lots it would just start snowing, I think about 5 inches were on the ground at kickoff time. Lets say 7-9 by the end of the game. No where to put the snow. It would have been a major disaster on the way out with it snowing right threw the night. Accidents, no one can come get to you to pick you up. It really would have been a disaster. I still say play. 15-20,000 no shows? That is a lot of $7 beers.

Old School

Eagles/Vikings???

Post by Old School » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey Eagles, Karma's a real bitch huh?.....