Adam Schefter: Packers Pursued Steven Jackson Last Year

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:43 am

This is pretty trivial considering how it's a year later and the Rams rebuked Green Bay's interest but I still think it's interesting nonetheless. I'm a Ryan Grant fan but Steven Jackson is, in my opinion, one of the Top 3-5 running backs in the league. It's interesting to wonder how much better an already potent Packers' offense would have been last season with Jackson instead of Grant. Of course, then you look at how much better the Packers would be this season because Jackson hasn't missed a game and is performing at his usual level of effectiveness.

Interesting stuff.

Jackson remains with the Rams and needs 32 yards against the Bucs on Sunday to become the team's all-time leading rusher. Making this more interesting to me is that a year ago when the Packers tried to trade for Jackson they were the team on the rise. One year later, I think you can make a strong argument that the Rams have more to look forward to the rest of this season than Green Bay does.

[ October 22, 2010, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Tom Kessenich ]
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

David U. Kennedy

Post by David U. Kennedy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:46 pm

Not to mention passing on Lynch and Barber for mere peanuts. its not rocket science. 4th round picks for rbs that can help your team? its like drafting a rb in top 10 when you have 2 capable backs already and then not using him (bills). I think i could be a better gm than these arrogant pricks. Thank god for fantasy football because otherwise im embarassed by my hometown bills. it really mystifies how these guys keep their jobs.