Nine Owners In Line For The $1 Million Bonus

da bears

Post by da bears » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:06 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
quote:Originally posted by Sound Advice:
Can the guys and girls that think Snake is lucky just clam up?
One thread about some players doing well and it turns into Snake bashing by people not on the list.

Give it a rest.

He's on the list.
You aren't.
Congratulate him or find another thread to disrupt.

Thanks. As the girl of the "girls" you referred to above, I said NOTHING about Glenn being lucky or not.

That is a whole other topic, whether Glenn is lucky or not AND how much luck plays a factor. Two topics I haven't really put much thought into...

What I did post and still find true an hour later is:

I find Glenn's name calling rude and offensive. In this case, calling someone a "TrannyHooker" crosses the line in my book.

I have "clam-ed" (ie. NO BASHING) up about the "SNAKE" debate these past few months , but "TrannyHooker" (again) is RUDE and OFFENSIVE to me.

So, since Glenn made the comment in this thread, I commented on it in this thread.

-Jules (a girl, er I mean woman, who left the MBs months ago because she was sick and tired of reading offensive posts...guess it is time to leave again)
[/QUOTE]Agreed Jules. There is no need to call other people offensive names on a fantasy football messageboard. Sorry to see that you were driven away by this childish behiavior. :(

[ November 26, 2008, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:09 am

Originally posted by RedRyder:
Jules (a girl, er I mean woman, who left the MBs months ago because she was sick and tired of reading offensive posts...guess it is time to leave again) Sorry, I can't resist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lht_tdJQFbs

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:13 am

Originally posted by da bears:
Agreed Jules. There is no need to call other people offensive names on a fantasy football messageboard. Sorry to see that you were driven away by this childish behiavior. :( Agreed here as well.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:29 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote: ...it was just FOOTBALL BABY - JUST FOOTBALL and will remain so going forward...but simply remember this; everyone else here also needs to be in the same FOOTBALL ONLY frame of mind for FOOTBALL ONLY to work, right?...the same rules apply for one and all, that's all...SNAKE [/QB][/QUOTE]Glenn,

I honestly am glad that you are in line to make an overall yearly profit for the first time in 5 high stakes fantasy seasons. I (and many others I assume) are HOPING that this will lead to you not talking about your teams and excessive boasting (you know the line..."act like you've been there before" ;) )

In your case, you haven't yet.... but after this I hope it changes.

As for "the same rules apply" I totally disagree. You have been warned, banned, and even had your name revoked here. Saying everyone should be treated the same is the like saying a person who has been convicted of stealing and is applying for a job at a bank should be on "level ground" with someone appling who has not.

Best of luck Glenn! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:59 am

Only on the NFFC boards could a thread talking about the nine owners in line for the $1 million bonus turn into three pages of crap. And this is how we want prospective new owners to see our NFFC playground?? :mad:

Give it a rest as points all around have been duly noted. Time to move on and congratulate whomever wins the $100,000 grand prize in either contest and to those who have a shot at the $1 million bonus. Trust me, skill will have won out in all cases as we have some of the best of the best in this contest and you'll need plenty of skill and a dash of luck to win the grand prize here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:02 am

Originally posted by GK:
...man oh man lighten up folks as LLCEJ has it right - it's a tagline in jest as all of SNAKE's posts relating to nick-names are...geeezz do you think that SNAKE believes that Perry (aka Hook) is trolling the streets in drag on 53rd & 3rd on a nightly basis?...geeeezz...at any rate and more importantly why don't the folks here who are offended get to the core of the matter - why probe and poke UNPROVOKINGLY/UNSOLICITED when all the Humble & Brilliant Serpent was doing was posting about FOOTBALL BABY - ONLY FOOTBALL!?...thanks much...SNAKE Glenn, I wish you all the best in the bug hunt. I'm sure if I ever met you, I'd sit down and have a beer with you like any other of the great guys and gals here.

But I too find these names offensive.

So why do you keep posting things that SO MANY find offensive, REGARDLESS of the intent?

Sorry, but that isn't football talk and needs to go and more importantly you need to wake up to the FACT that it drives a lot of us away from the MB in varying degrees as some post 50% less, some 90%, and many others just lurk and could be valuable contributors. Why should they post when they could be subject to ANY FORM of name calling?

Greg needs, more then ever, to have this MB SELL the events, and anything that detracts from that, from ANYONE should not be tolerated one bit.

Yeah, I get you feel it's not an even playing field here. But guess what? You created that playing field with all your self absorbing posts. When you were away for awhile, there was NOT ONE THREAD THAT WAS HIJACKED. NOT ONE. In fact, many old timers came out of the woods.

JMO.

Again, hope you do well this weekend. The more in the hunt for the mil, the better.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:03 am

Greg,

Couldn't agree more. Please delete everything after the first post.

Thanks,

John

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 am

Congratulations Snake on a great season. I would love to see you win the one million.

Snake takes a bunch of abuse on these boards and it is true that he has a really hard time not making inappropriate comments. Some of his comments are completely inexusable.

I am equally tired of everyone sucker punching him at every opportunity. These individuals are equally part of the problem.

Is it impossible to respect the fact that he is in the position to win the one million? Can you stop sucker punching him and leave the guy alone?

I realize he brings a lot of this on himself by his responses, but most of the time these are in response to a direct or indirect slam.

Truly pathetic. You are going to have to learn to take the high road Snake. Someone is going to try to give you wedgie at every opportunity. Walk away!
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:26 am

Congratulations to the 9 owners with the shot at the million. I would love to see it happen.
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.