Marques Colston

KenGill

Marques Colston

Post by KenGill » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:33 am

I picked Colston to be my #1 receiver this year and am regretting that pick as he's basically been shut down for a week and missed the first preseason game. Anyone else regretting a Colston pick?
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

BillyWaz

Marques Colston

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Via Rotoworld......

Marques Colston - WR - Saints
Marques Colston (knee) returned to practice Sunday.
His participation level isn't yet known. Colston missed nearly a week and half while waiting for the irritation and swelling in his surgically knee to subside. He's going to have to avoid setbacks over the next week or two before we'd even consider drafting him as a borderline WR2.

If he slips too far, and the Saints are just being cautious in the offseason, he could have some serious value.

[ August 14, 2011, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Tom Kessenich

Marques Colston

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:14 pm

If healthy, I think Colston is a rock-solid WR2 - especially in PPR leagues. He's still the No. 1 WR on a great passing offense. That has value. If he can practice the rest of the preseason without incident I'll feel much better about targeting him. Right now, I'm skittish.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Marques Colston

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:16 pm

Jeff Duncan is one of the best beat writers covering the Saints He Tweeted last week that he thought maybe Colston was getting the "veteran" treatment (i.e. being rested to save him for the season). Duncan is very clued into the Saints so I found that rather interesting.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich