ESPN Radio 1000 To Host Fantasy Event In Chicago

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 am

I'm happy to report that Tom and I will be working with ESPN Radio 1000 on a new fantasy football event that the radio station has planned for late August in Chicago. They put a teaser on their site with a little of the information:

****://sports.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1000/#

It's been a few years since they hosted this event, but folks will likely remember seeing Chris Mortenson or Sean Salisbury there to talk fantasy football with the participants and ESPN Radio 1000 personalities. This year F+W Publications will be working with the station to expand the event to include a Friday night cocktail reception at the Chicago Hilton and Towers and will be working with them to create a stronger expert panel for their mock draft and seminar panels. We'll also be in charge of running registration and a draft on Saturday afternoon for all of the participants.

ESPN.com will be the back-end support for the Chicago Fantasy Football Championship and we'll likely use the rules they have in place for their free game. That would include 10-team leagues with 16 players per team and standard scoring. More details on all of that later. But for $15.99, which includes a team in the championship, this seems like a good deal and a lot of fun.

More information to come soon, but take a look at the Aug. 24-25 date and mark your schedule if you're in the Chicagoland Area. They have some great plans for this and with success this could be a bigger and bigger event each year. Maybe the model will even expand beyond Chicago.

We're honored to be working with ESPN Radio 1000 and ESPN.com and will push this event hard. This association should lead to even more exposure for the NFFC in Chicago this year as we find more ways to work with ESPN Radio 1000 in 2007.

Again, more details to come soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Tue May 22, 2007 6:01 am

Exciting news Greg! I might have to make a trip out to The Windy City...
@RedRyder

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue May 22, 2007 7:42 am

Greg, I will finally have a chance to say hello to you in person.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue May 22, 2007 8:14 am

Originally posted by bald is beautiful:
Greg, I will finally have a chance to say hello to you in person. Perfect Jack. With any luck, I might be able to convince George Kleemann to take Tom and a group to Sportsman's Park for some horses if we come down to Chicago on Thursday!! :D That would be a fun way to meet my Windy City family members!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Tue May 22, 2007 1:24 pm

sounds great.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed May 23, 2007 3:02 am

Did someone mention horses? Giddie Up!

It is off to the races for Greg and Tom as this is great news for the NFFC and us players too as this surely signals the next step in fantasy football. Great things are on the horizon and the players will be the ones benefiting the most.

Thanks for having a vision for the future and working hard to deliver it to us.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King