Live Scoring

GriffithVT

Live Scoring

Post by GriffithVT » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 am

Thanks Snake. Just download Google Chrome and all is good now. James it takes a couple of minutes to download and makes a huge difference.

Mark
Cobra Kai
The Gstar!

Money

Live Scoring

Post by Money » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:05 am

Originally posted by Renman:
Gk,

Should we have to download new software to get a football scoring site to work?

How come all my other football scoring sites work flawlessly without having to do a thing to my computer?

I have tried to view the NFFC results from yesterday from 3 different computers in 3 different buildings and it hasn't worked once. The site takes forever to load, then freezes.

Just a guess here, but your teams didn't do very well this weekend, correct? Mine neither, it's only week one, we can come back
Joe

Chi_Town_FEW

Live Scoring

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:12 am

I have Safari and have had no problems so far. Was not on between 7-12 last night so I dont know about then. Sounds more like a microsoft and older computer issue. 2 years is a old computer sadly. They will get this ironed out. Be patient and it will be all good.

renman

Live Scoring

Post by renman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:45 am

The point I am making is that I have no idea what 'safari' is or what 'google chrome' is.

Is it normal to be required to download special programs to see scoring for a fantasy football league? Other league sites work fine without downloading anything.

alan824

Live Scoring

Post by alan824 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 am

Here is MY problem. I have two computers, both of which are company provided. I have internet explorer and CANNOT download anything including Google Chrome. I have 9 other fantasy teams, on ESPN and CBS Sportsline, all money leagues, but not as much as I spent here. I have access to those teams in seconds. I have absolutely NO access to my teams on Fanball. I actually saw my team on Thursday after that game, but NO access on Sunday or today. I have a BRAND NEW laptop computer with maximum memory since I do graphics for my job. So, does this mean I spend over $1,000 and I will have no access to my teams because I don't have Google Chrome or Safari??? As far as I saw, there was nothing in the rules stating that you MUST have one of these browsers. This better get fixed.

Sabretooth

Live Scoring

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:59 am

The point I am making is that I have no idea what 'safari' is or what 'google chrome' is.

Is it normal to be required to download special programs to see scoring for a fantasy football league? Other league sites work fine without downloading anything. Google chrome is just another search engine like internet explorer. Just put "google chrome" in your search and you can download it quick. And an icon should come for it on your desk top.

renman

Live Scoring

Post by renman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:25 am

Sabre,

Thanks for the info. However, I have to admit I feel the same way "AG" does in the post previous to yours. I have been with the NFFC since year one. The stat site has always (for me) worked flawlessly, which is good because I am not very computer savvy at all. I am a football guy, not an IT guy.

Can I download some other "search engine" to make the site more functionable from home? Yes, I suppose I can. But I also view a lot of fantasy football stuff from my work. I, not unlike AG, cannot download things on my work computers. I can view all other fantays football results from any league site without any problems or even so much as a delay.

I am investing $3500+ into the NFFC (about 78% of my net worth) and wonder if this problem will continue all season or if it is up to me to somehow fix it by downloading things.

Sabretooth

Live Scoring

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:42 am

Sabre,

Thanks for the info. However, I have to admit I feel the same way "AG" does in the post previous to yours. I have been with the NFFC since year one. The stat site has always (for me) worked flawlessly, which is good because I am not very computer savvy at all. I am a football guy, not an IT guy.

Can I download some other "search engine" to make the site more functionable from home? Yes, I suppose I can. But I also view a lot of fantasy football stuff from my work. I, not unlike AG, cannot download things on my work computers. I can view all other fantays football results from any league site without any problems or even so much as a delay.

I am investing $3500+ into the NFFC (about 78% of my net worth) and wonder if this problem will continue all season or if it is up to me to somehow fix it by downloading things. I see your point renman. It is something that they need to address.

renman

Live Scoring

Post by renman » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:05 am

Gk, Sabre,

I agree. I am surprised no one has commented yet. Maybe they are working on some things and are trying to clean it up on their end.

I am as pro NFFC as anyone can possibly be and I always believe and assume they are they are going to get it worked out. I just hope to not have to go through it again next week.