chriseibl

What Do You Need Tonight?

Post by chriseibl » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:27 am

no! leave mason open! he's old

MGB MARTY

Post by MGB MARTY » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 am

Hey Tom
Look at NY#4 in main and tell me Think I need Rogers for 21 points and for him to throw 2 TDs to Jennings Too confusing to figure out Really competitve. Thanks
Marty

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:37 am

Shut down Mason, Driver, Grant, Rice, and Crosby!
Go Rodgers, Jennings, Finley... uh, and Crosby?! :confused:

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:18 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I hear ya Ugly! (I had sent that as an email update to some local friends this morning, so it was easy enough to paste it here ;) ) I suppose there are a lot of worse situations to be in though, so we're still keeping our chin up and hoping for the best.

FWIW, my laptop is ALWAYS next to me on the couch when watching the games. :D My wife finds it comical (and slightly pathetic) how much I sit and swear at the t.v. all day, yet we're still very much in the running. Watched games at a bar yesterday ... went to check the laptop (in the car) at halftime and between games. Had to draw a line somewhere! :D
Hakuna Matata!

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:19 am

Originally posted by edcnp:
What about Meachem and his fumble TD,I need his 6 additional points not showing!!! IT'S ONLY GOING TO SHOW IF YOU HAD SAINTS DEFENSE NOT MEACHEM.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:21 am

Actually, yesterday, my son and I and another friend in the Classic went to a local sports bar for the early games, then home for the rest. Our bar has free wi-fi though, so we had the laptop right there on the table w/ us (and plugged in!).

edcnp

Post by edcnp » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:58 am

Below are the two areas in the rules that would cover this situation and i am not a lawyer(I am sure someone in this contest is) but the NFFC has in writing the following

"6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)"

So there is NO PLACE in writing that if the RB,QB,WR,TE TD does not count if change of possession occurred....so Meachem Must get the TD according to the rules we as players signed up under this contest.

6. Scoring: Players can accumulate points in a number of ways:
PASSING:
.05 points for every yard passing (works out to 1 point every 20 yards).
6 points for every passing touchdown
2 points for every 2-Point conversion
minus 1 point for every interception and lost fumble
RUSHING:
.10 points for every yard rushing (works out to 1 point every 10 yards).
6 points for every rushing TD
2 points for every 2-Point conversion
minus 1 point for every lost fumble
6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)

points for every touchdown (interception return, defensive fumble return, punt or kickoff return, blocked field goal return, blocked punt return). All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player. Should a kicker, punter or field goal holder throw a pass off a fake attempt, however, the offensive output for that offensive play would go towards the individual player, not the specials team. Also, any lost fumble or muff on a specials team play does not result in negative points for that individual player.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:03 am

All special teams and defensive points are awarded to the team responsible, not the individual player.

THIS IS THE KEY STATEMENT. MEACHEM IN THIS SITUATION IS THE DEFENSIVE PLAYER.

NO DIFFERENT WHEN RANDY MOSS PICKED OF KYLE ORTON EARLIER THIS YEAR HE DIDN'T GET THE 2 POINTS THE DEFENSIVE DID.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 am

Originally posted by edcnp:

"6 points for a recovered offensive fumble for a touchdown (RB, QB, WR, TE)"
If you are assuming Meachem is still an offensive player (WR) ... than he clearly a recovered Defensive players fumble for a touchdown.

It seems like the rules would say "recovered fumble for a touchdown" if it meant any players fumble. The explicit use of "offensive fumble" makes this crystal clear that defensive fumbles were NOT to be included in individual scoring.

Big Mike

[ December 07, 2009, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:56 pm

Need a 12 yard catch from Driver to win WCOFF championship game; almost halftime and he's had nothing but one target vs about 8 for Jennings and a 5-6 for Finley. :(