White Privilege

BLACKHAND

White Privilege

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:33 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nag':
[qb] Would "black privilege" then be when someone with no executive experience, with the #1 most liberal voting record in the senate, without authoring a single piece of major legislation, with terrorists, racists & felons as friends/associates becomes the darling of the main stream media which, with almost zero scrutiny, helps create an image of the second-coming of JFK, propelling him into the White House?

GLENN , if you wrote that in the other direction and called it "black privilege" im sure you would be called racist. people just cant come out saying how they feel without being racist even if that is the not you want it to sound like.
Or was injecting a racial element into this unfair and dishonest?

[ October 09, 2008, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

BLACKHAND

White Privilege

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 am

somehow nag's quote didnt get highlighted. sorry nag.

[ October 09, 2008, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: THE_BLACKHAND ]

BillyWaz

White Privilege

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:29 am

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...plain and simple right now the country NEEDS change and Obama is in a MUCHO better position to provide it than ol' Johnny Boy is...also, does it not scare anyone that Alaskin Pallin would be but a single 74 year old heartbeat away from being the U.S. President?...for a multitude of reasons that The Serpent won't list here and that should be most obvious to Americans reading this thread you really do indeed need to vote for Obama...SNAKE I'll admit that I am a moderate and don't dabble in politics very much. I see "both sides" and often agree with planks of BOTH parties. In the past 20 years (from when I could vote), I have voted Democrat 3x and Republican 2x, so I truly am one of those people who votes for the person I feel will do the best job, and NOT a specific party.

That being said, I agree with Glenn here, that I am TERRIFIED if Sara Pallin would become our president.

The vice president generally doesn't concern me (as what do they REALLY do?), but McCain LOOKS like he has seen the Grim Reaper, and is making an appointment to spend much more time with him real soon. 72 years old is not young, and the stress that goes with being commander of the most powerful nation in the world....I just don't know.

Add in that Sara Pallin will probably be launching missiles every 28 days, and my vote is starting to swing.

That all being said, Obama appears to be yet ANOTHER Democratic "used car salesman", and that is why I am "iffy" on who to vote for.

If Joe Biden was running for president, this would be a SLAM DUNK for me, but I am glad I still have 26 days to decide! :D

King of Queens

White Privilege

Post by King of Queens » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:55 am

Anyone notice that McCain didn't once use the word "Maverick" during the debate the other night? I think you can blame (1) Palin for completely overusing the word over the past month and (2) Tiny Fey's spot-on comedy.

The whole term kind of bothered me from the start. A maverick isn't a leader -- it's a loner. Why would the American people want someone who doesn't get along with Democrats OR Republicans?

Finally, John McCain continally referred to himself as "The Original Maverick." Um, that would be James Garner.

BLACKHAND

White Privilege

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:07 pm

obama = tax , tax , tax small biz and give to the poor. well , i work hard for my money and my name is not robin hood.

Diesel

White Privilege

Post by Diesel » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:49 pm

I thought James Garner was "Maverick"? Or was it Mel Gibson in the remake? I don't know. Either way, I don't need a Maverick running my country.

Just a quick reminder here. Religion and Politics can turn for the worse VERY quickly on a public messageboard.

One thing I would LOVE to hear from a front runner for potential presidency is this...I would like to hear them say that "Our Country has been bailing out the entire world for as long as I can remember. Due to our great and honorable contributions to world peace and economy, we will now TAKE our well deserved return by turning our national defecit to ZERO. We don't owe anyone anything, anymore."
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Sabretooth

White Privilege

Post by Sabretooth » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:23 pm

Mccain is finished It doesn't what race he is. He is more of George W and we do not need that. He's done stick a fork in him!

pizzatyme

White Privilege

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:37 pm

I am truly worried about the future of our government and our country.

Neither Candidate will effect change that is needed.

All that matters is getting "your" party into office. What happens from there is anyone's guess.

I will say I'm no more worried about Palin taking over than I am Obama. What about Obama's friends, pastor, inexperience could give anyone confidence when it comes to being in charge?

Obama works if all we need is 4 or 8 years of eloquent speeches.

We are in trouble, my friends. It's the fault of both parties. At this point, I'm not sure it is fixable. Especially not by the "Maverick" or the "Beacon of Change" or whatever they're calling themselves these days.

God Bless America.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Gordon Gekko

White Privilege

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:44 pm

until people are held accountable for their actions, NOTHING will change. never have, never will.

bailout = more corruption and business as usual
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

ultimatefs

White Privilege

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:38 pm

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
I am truly worried about the future of our government and our country.

Neither Candidate will effect change that is needed.

All that matters is getting "your" party into office. What happens from there is anyone's guess.

I will say I'm no more worried about Palin taking over than I am Obama. What about Obama's friends, pastor, inexperience could give anyone confidence when it comes to being in charge?

Obama works if all we need is 4 or 8 years of eloquent speeches.

We are in trouble, my friends. It's the fault of both parties. At this point, I'm not sure it is fixable. Especially not by the "Maverick" or the "Beacon of Change" or whatever they're calling themselves these days.

God Bless America. +1

I can't wait for four years from now, when all will finally realize that the economy has little to do with how small or large the band aid is.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.