Thoughts on Weeks 12/13 in NFFC Primetime

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:25 am

All-play in it's true form is H2H. This same scenario plays out against every other team each week.

Imagine 5 teams are done and you're within 5 points with only your kicker left. You need a FG and 2 PATs or a long FG and maybe 1 PAT. It comes down to the end of the game and his team is marching, they're down 1 and need a FG. You need the FG to win...

It's all the same as the scenario you provided Ren.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:09 am

Russ,

I don't disagree. I just don't think the main stream fantasy community is ready for it yet (at least as it relates to the main events for the NFFC). I agree with you... how exciting would it be to know you could beat 6 different teams if your RB punches in a TD late in the Monday night game?

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:23 am

Originally posted by Renman:
I just don't think the main stream fantasy community is ready for it yet (at least as it relates to the main events for the NFFC). Please accept my sincere gratitude for typing "I just don't think" ... in front of your opinion.

It is much easier to read your post when you do not state your opinions as fact or say that you speaking for the masses, most people or the world. Your opinions are as valid as anyone's when you state them that way. It is a nice change. Good job!

Ugly
Hakuna Matata!

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:45 am

Ugly,

You are very welcome. I am also very flattered you go over my every post with a fine toothed comb analyzing the semantics of everything. Knowing my typed word is this impactful means a lot. Maybe I will actually get working on that book idea I have been thinking about.

So my gratitude goes right back to you as you may have inspired me!

Ps. you are the only person who has a problem with how I type. Everyone can speak for the "masses" in the context I did because everyone who has a clue about fantasy football knows the 'masses' play in H2H formats. You making a big deal about that makes me think your sensitivity to my posting is more the problem than my actual posting style.

Have a great day.

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 am

Everyone can speak for the "masses" in the context I did Someone can certainly make factual observations regarding what is being done by others. Someone can say that they think they know why a majority of a group is doing something. But to say you speak for someone that has not given you permission to do so (especially speaking about the masses reasoning for doing something ... is way over the top).

Your quoted statement above is just wrong. An elected official can speak for his constituents because they elected him/her to do so. But you can not speak for me, the masses, or the whole world for that matter, unless given permission to do so.

(the rest is scarcasim)

I speak for the whole message board, the fantasy football community of the whole world at large and TOM and Greg when I say ... STOP ... speaking for the masses. You are not a King or a God or elected to do so ... so just STOP it (Or we will vote you off the island)!

Thanks in advance.
Hakuna Matata!

renman

Post by renman » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Renman:
[qb]
I speak for the whole message board, the fantasy football community of the whole world at large and TOM and Greg when I say ... STOP ... speaking for the masses. You are not a King or a God or elected to do so ... so just STOP it (Or we will vote you off the island)!

Thanks in advance. Ugly,

You just spoke for the masses...

Lighten up, no one (least of all me) ever said I am god or king or whatever thing you care to make up due to being overly sensitive. You are boring me. Take care.

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:35 am

We are now picking apart someones opinion because you think they are speaking for you and you want to quell that?

(the rest is partly sarcasm)

In Rens post he uses the phrase "mainstream fantasy community" when citing his opinion.

UYT, do you consider yourself mainstream? I consider you a maverick. ;)
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:16 am

quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Renman:
[qb]

Thanks in advance. Ugly,

You just spoke for the masses...

Lighten up, no one (least of all me) ever said I am god or king or whatever thing you care to make up due to being overly sensitive. You are boring me. Take care.
[/QUOTE]I know you have trouble understanding sarcasm and following posts ... so I tagged the last post letting you know when the rest of the post was sarcasm (so you wouldn't miss it) ... wow ... didn't help. Even when I put a note to explain when the sarcasm started ... you can't follow it. Maybe you do not know what sarcasm is? I have no answer for you? I'm voting you off the island! (sarcasm starting here!) ... and I can speak for the rest of the message board when I say they all do too!

bye bye!
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:18 am

Originally posted by Rob B:
We are now picking apart someones opinion because you think they are speaking for you and you want to quell that?

(the rest is partly sarcasm)

In Rens post he uses the phrase "mainstream fantasy community" when citing his opinion.

UYT, do you consider yourself mainstream? I consider you a maverick. ;) Too maverick to even associate with other mavericks :cool: :D
Hakuna Matata!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:20 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Too maverick to even associate with other mavericks :cool: :D since there's an alleged "chum-chum" club, can we start a "maverick" club too :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?