what is the policy regarding inactiveness

Ted's Cracked Head

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:00 pm

The concepts of banning quitters from future play and/or deposits that could be revoked have previously been raised. I think I do that just about every year.

I still think the fairest way to play in challenges with multiple leagues is to use a form of All-Play similar to the Power Rankings.

That way if there is a turd, everybody gets to play them every week and not just one lucky team based on the luck of the draw of the fantasy schedule.

There is resistance to this type of play because of the thought that it may not be as fun as having that one matchup to watch and root for but in my opinion, anything that balances the playing field and reduces the luck factor - makes the game more fun to me (especially with 100K on the line). May the best team win!
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

OrCal Crapshooters

Post by OrCal Crapshooters » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:06 pm

I like the weekly high score bonus idea as well as Henry's idea of playing everybody each week.I don't know what to do this year other than placing a telephone call and asking them to do the right thing. Let them know their actions could exclude them from playing next year...

Old School

Post by Old School » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 am

I agree all-play is the way. Owners will not ban players as some of the "quitters" play in many leagues/formats and are good paying customers. A very well known NFFC name "quit" in my FFPC league
with an 0-7 record when he was playing the team ahead of me in the standings this week.

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:08 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Something can be done, and it's probably time.

You can award high scoring teams for the week, and you can fine low scoring teams. You'd have to set up the side pool ahead of time and incorporate it into the rules, but I don't see why it couldn't be done for next season. I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA KEVIN. I HOPE IT IS SOMETHING WE COULD PUSH FOR NEXT YEAR.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:24 am

I have brought up this topic every single year on these boards since year one of the NFFC. We ABSOLUTELY CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT it if we as intelligent and experiences fantasy football minds put our heads together to come up with something.

A few quick points about some ideas I just read.

-Ban said owner from future NFFC leagues.

Does that really fix anything? When people quit on a team in a high stakes league it hurts competitive integrity and balance in THAT LEAGUE that year. Banning a guy in the future doesn't address the problem. Plus someone could easily join the league under a different name if they wanted to.

-All play takes away from the exciting sensation many love from h2h games versus another opponent.

I am now being called into a meeting.. more later..

Sack

Post by Sack » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:29 am

I cast a vote for ALL-PLAY. Finish in the top half of your league and register a W.

Keeps the "I QUIT" owner out of the equation, plus is places more importance on the Total Points equation to break ties. I think the Total Points teams are the better teams than any W/L format. ALL-PLAY helps us move in that direction.

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:38 am

Having programming auto-set a lineup based on average scoring and free of bye weeks every Tuesday morning?

Then next, folks would want the programming to consider players with a D or Q next to their name, or to ignore the one week wonders, or consider demoted players, etc.

Teams get the benefit of randomly being set up with easy matchups due to the way the schedule rolls out with BYE weeks of their opponents, etc.

For every team who benefits from auto-lineup setting...there is a team hurt by it.

Banning players is bad for business.

Be it a family vacation, or emergency, giving up or just plumb forgetting due to having so many teams to manage of whatnot...this has gone on as long as leagues have been around...in every sport.

Sometimes it happens early in the season, but most often happens right around now.

The event keeping its hands off another persons roster or starting lineup allows the least legal issues to worry about.
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

RedRyder

Post by RedRyder » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:56 am

Originally posted by Sack:
I cast a vote for ALL-PLAY. Finish in the top half of your league and register a W.

Keeps the "I QUIT" owner out of the equation, plus is places more importance on the Total Points equation to break ties. I think the Total Points teams are the better teams than any W/L format. ALL-PLAY helps us move in that direction. Sign me up!
@RedRyder

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:28 am

when I say all play format I actually mean playing 11 H2H games each week so H2H is not lost. Actually it is even more exciting because on Every single Monday night 4-5 games can hang in the balance.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:47 am

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
Something can be done, and it's probably time.

You can award high scoring teams for the week, and you can fine low scoring teams. You'd have to set up the side pool ahead of time and incorporate it into the rules, but I don't see why it couldn't be done for next season. You do realize he's also in are League as well. He played two bye weeks players with good players left on bench.

Maybe, just maybe something happen to the Guy?

Just so everyone knows, No my teams were not on a bye this week, the owner just sucks.