2 SPOTS LEFT - WED Sep 5, 8PM, Debut NFL Contract Lge, Vegas

kjduke

Re: The Debut NFL Contract League in Las Vegas

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:52 pm

Don Draper wrote:If date changes to Friday or Saturday, I’d be in
I would've liked to do it when everyone was in town for the weekend, but so many have other drafts scheduled at those times we didn't want to interfere with other leagues, so this seemed like the best time to try and assemble a group of players.

If we can't fill it up for wednesday afternoon maybe we'll go nuts and do a midnight madness league! :twisted:

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:54 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
kjduke wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:KJ, I'll be flying in on Wednesday. What time do you think you'd be starting this draft?
Get an early flight Glenn! This should end up looking like an all-star league, perfect fit for you.

We've discussed somewhere around noon or early afternoon, but no time is set at this point.
KJ, how long does a league like this usually take? This is straight draft, right, just with known values of what it will cost with each pick? The Wednesday game starts at 4:20 or 4:30 PT, so pick an appropriate time ahead of that to finish, have a pre-game drink and fill out some squares in the quarters pool!! :mrgreen:
Good question Greg, I think we can run it with the standard time clock and breaks ... do you recall how long your regular 14-team draft champions take to finish?

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:09 pm

I arrive at 1:58, any chance of starting an hour or so before the game, using the first half as a break and then have us continue at halftime? Just an idea. Put me down on the list, once we get a set time, I'll change flights if need be.

Also will 3RR and KDS be used or is it traditional straight draft?

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:17 pm

Alright, here's the updated list. 10 more spots.

NFL Contract League
1. KJ Duke
2. Shawn Childs
3. Greg Morgan/PVH
4. Scott Stauffer

Scott, I'm open to moving the start time around so long as it works for Greg and everyone involved. For now let's assume an early afternoon start that is subject to change.

KDS and 3RR - yes.
Last edited by kjduke on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:26 pm

Sounds good and looks like a fun concept!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm

Our 14-team DCs are done in less than 3 hours. We can do Classics in 2 hours to 2:15, so 6-7 more rounds adds another 40 minutes or so. With breaks, plan on 3 hours for this format unless there's a lot of drinking!!! :mrgreen: That usually adds another 20-30 minutes!! :lol:
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

How about some of you guys from the late DC draft on Wednesday ... anyone want to pull double duty?

Sack ??? Nelson ??? Silver ???

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:55 pm

For those of you who haven't done the math, the payout percentage for this league between the two prize pools will be around 95%. Consider this percentage a thank-you from Greg to his loyal customers who are coming in early for the festivities. :)

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:57 pm

kjduke wrote:
Glenneration X wrote:KJ, I'll be flying in on Wednesday. What time do you think you'd be starting this draft?
Get an early flight Glenn! This should end up looking like an all-star league, perfect fit for you.

We've discussed somewhere around noon or early afternoon, but no time is set at this point.
I do have an early flight Bud, but I'm flying from the east coast with one stop. No chance I can be there for a start time that early, my loss.

For those who are considering this format, I've played these salary leagues with KJ in baseball. They are truly a blast.

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:01 pm

i agree with Glenn..I do the contract leagues every year now for baseball(but i suck at them)