My online team from tonight

Glenneration X

Re: My online team from tonight

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 am

Sandman62 wrote:Glenn, that team looked a lot more solid last week before Witten's injury and watching Romo run for his life. Hope the 'Boys bounce back for ya.
I drafted Witten the day he got injured. Rolled the dice on getting a top TE at a slight discount. I tend to take chances in Overalls sometimes. I often end up regretting it. :)

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 am

BigBlueNation wrote:From #1 spot

QB...RGIII, Ben
RB...Rice, MJD, Trent, CJSpiller, McCluster, Pierce
WR...Colston, Decker, ABrown, Collie, DBaldwin, VBrown, DJones
TE...Daniels, Tamme, Fleener
D/ST...Sea
PK...Gould

I could be mistaken, but I think this team has potential...

Thoughts anyone???
nice team .well put together .

Rog

Post by Rog » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:45 am

..Nice team,very well done .

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:47 am

Glenneration X wrote:Bill, Matt, both very nice efforts. I'll post my Online team drafted last Wednesday, though I didn't do nearly as well as either of you.

QB - Romo

RB - McFadden, TRich, Jonathan Stewart, Royster, Hillman, Bernard Scott

WR - Fitzgerald, Demaryius Thomas, Maclin, Little, Cobb, Steve Smith (StL), Keyshawn Martin, Golden Tate

TE - Witten, Cook, Heath Miller

K - Akers

D - Baltimore
solid effort Glenn! that TRich in the 3rd pick is looking better and better. he's being acquired at a discount now, but once season rolls, likely 1st round numbers. :idea:

Jim Christie

Post by Jim Christie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

This is my team from 12 done last night with Bill. Bill's team looks like the team to beat. Nice draft.

QB: Eli, Palmer
RB: Forte, S. Greene, M. Bush, Royster, Jacobs, Reese, McClain
WR: AJ Green, D. Thomas, V-Jax, N. Wasington, LaFell, Burleson, J. Gordon
TE: Gronkowski, G. Olsen
K: Crosby
D: Bufflao

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 am

Not a bad team but there are a lot of ? especially at RB. Maurice Jones Drew has "bust of the year" written all over him. He's already missed most of the preseason with no signs of ending the holdout anytime soon. I read an article recently on prominent hold out players over the past 20 or so years, taking a look at how they performed after they finally ended the holdout. The numbers don't look very good. Furthermore the Jags stink. This is exactly the type of guy I wouldn't touch. Richardson is hurt. Vincent Brown is now hurt. Good luck!
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

DonnyG.

Post by DonnyG. » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:23 am

I have to agree with kengill. Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm but different strokes for different folks i guess. I also think that team is decent but certainly not a top 3 contender depending on how the rest of the league drafted of course. Everyone thinks that they are a champ on draft day so we'll just have to see how it plays out. Good luck. ;)

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am

That team has great potential. The V Brown injury effects this team very little as his top 4 WRs look really solid with Collie being the fourth guy. Who wont be needed as Richardson is the flex starter. I would definitely roll with this team. I feel the pain of the V Brown injury hes out 8 weeks and is my WR 4 on a online champ team. Nice to have the option of Collie and T Rich at flex. Great draft. Only weakness I see is your QBs. RGIII isnt going to be Cam Newton II this year. Pitt is on the decline. Big Ben might fall apart behind that shakey line.

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:58 am

DonnyG. wrote:I have to agree with kengill. Sorry to put a damper on your enthusiasm but different strokes for different folks i guess. I also think that team is decent but certainly not a top 3 contender depending on how the rest of the league drafted of course. Everyone thinks that they are a champ on draft day so we'll just have to see how it plays out. Good luck. ;)
yes everyone does think that there teams can win . this is the beauty of the pre season . right now everyones team looks like a $100,000 team to the owner . i like bills team . very nice depth .

got heeem

Post by got heeem » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 pm

The only problem MIGHT BE is getting the right rotaion with those qbs . pick the wrong one and come up small . that team might crush with say A ROGERS instead of r rice . jmo .