Hope your 1 kicker isn't Billy Cundiff...

Henry Muto

Re: Hope your 1 kicker isn't Billy Cundiff...

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:18 am

Sandman62 wrote:We have Bullock on 4 DCs; we also have Graham and another kicker on each of those teams. :geek:

Last year, in my DC, I drafted Hartley AND Kaeding, and went the whole season without both (and came in last place, but I honestly can't blame ALL of that on my kickers).
I did the same thing in a DC league Hartley/Kaeding 0 pts all year I still ended up 4th but it sure sucked knowing your season was over before it ever began. This is why I have drafted 3 kickers minimum in every DC and 2 kickers in every regular league that has no waivers until week 2 this year. I rather spend that 20th round pick on a back up kicker than score 0 and lose my game like I did in a few leagues with Hartley last year. With no waivers until week 2 drafting even 2 weeks ahead of time can kill you but if you drafted in July you really are testing fate with not taking 2 kickers.
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 am

Much like you Mike, I was all over Cundiff in the early slow drafts having him on four teams too. :( Finally backed off when I realized he was really in danger of losing his job. Originally thought his salary would help but in the end, that and last year's miss seemed to do him in to the new leg keeping pace all preseason.

There was a thread earlier about how early drafts have an advantage in that you can grab amazing value, albeit that is true in that I have guys going much earlier now on some teams, I also have teams with ten percent of my roster already cut or injured. Oh and the big cuts are still on the way?! :shock: :roll: :cry:

Scott
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:45 am

I agree on the potential value earlier in the summer. I didn't always feel that way though, as I feared losing players in the weeks before the season started. But after spending a nice long phone conversation a few months ago comparing spreadsheets with Coltsfan, he convinced me that we were giving away some research advantage by waiting til everyone else knows what we [think we] know earlier in the summer. :? :) That's why we've done 10 DCs already, and we have mine tonight.

On the Cundiff front though, we didn't draft him in a single league because we thought the Ravens would still be sour on him. Instead, we drafted Tucker back in July, and again once this month. And we took Bullock in as many leagues as we could because he went later than most other kickers, yet we felt like Houston's kicker would have a lot of point-scoring opportunities. But we always took Graham to handcuff him until the competition settled. However, we thought Bullock would win it. Little did we know that it would be settled via I/R.

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:45 am

Misread above, you actually played itcorrectly unlike myself. Will see if I can loate where the thread arguing who had the advantage on DCs was and will bump it up.

I've actually numbered all my DC Championship eligible teams by when the drafts started in an effort to provide a non scientific view of early vs late drafting and end results among my teams. Should be interesting to see how that progresses throughout the year.

Scott

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

It's a bad day to be a kicker, Brown and Rackers both cut which many sites projected as the winners...oops. For all my Cundiff errs I did get the Gano prediction thankfully correct in a fw spots.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:28 am

Don't be surprised when Cundiff ends up somewhere soon. Let's just hope it's not parked right in front of the aging Graham on HOU! :o

BONGIZMO

Post by BONGIZMO » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 pm

It appears we missed a memo circulated to NFL teams ordering them to settle their Kicker position IMMEDIATELY!

Mare is on the street now too.

ALL-IN JD - Football

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:05 am

Cundiff owners get a reprieve, signs with the Skins.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:22 am

ALL-IN JD - Football wrote:Cundiff owners get a reprieve, signs with the Skins.
Pretty good deal for Cundiff, he probably didn't even have to relocate.
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 am

draft champions leagues maybe should just eliminate the kicker position...