Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Sandman62

Re: Week 2 Thoughts & Observations

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 am

I'm looking forward to seeing what type of offense the Texans run once they aren't playing absolute pushover teams. Over the next 5 games, they'll face 3 teams that might require them to pass more: DEN, GB and BAL.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:I have some random thoughts:

1. I SUCK at FF!

2. Rodgers & Brady in 1st Rd. Nice strong safe pick, right? Ha ha joke is on us! You know things are bad when your just hoping they throw for 1 TD :lol:

3. Hernandez and Gates owners, hey injuries are part of the game. We just need to take the bagel and move on I guess :roll:

4. Does anyone know WTF is going on in KC and Carolina?!? It's quite obvious that Tolbert is a superior athlete compared to D-Will, :roll: but last I checked Charles looks fast and can catch the ball. Why not use him?

5. B.Marshall, A.Johnson, L.Fitzgerald.............. My anger has turned into sadness :cry:

6. Is it possible for a team to have Eli and Bush and not score over 100 pts this week? :o

7. Blackmon and Meachem have great measurables.................. That's all I have, next

8. DMC and CJ2k............see above
Would this be a bad time to ask for a refund on my ScoutPro subscription? :lol:

Just kidding Nelson....that is some good stuff that I enjoyed checking out. Keep up the good work! :D

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:41 pm

Sandman62 wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what type of offense the Texans run once they aren't playing absolute pushover teams. Over the next 5 games, they'll face 3 teams that might require them to pass more: DEN, GB and BAL.
Translation: I drafted Matt Schaub as a starting QB.

The Franchise

Post by The Franchise » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:35 pm

BillyWaz wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I have some random thoughts:

1. I SUCK at FF!

2. Rodgers & Brady in 1st Rd. Nice strong safe pick, right? Ha ha joke is on us! You know things are bad when your just hoping they throw for 1 TD :lol:

3. Hernandez and Gates owners, hey injuries are part of the game. We just need to take the bagel and move on I guess :roll:

4. Does anyone know WTF is going on in KC and Carolina?!? It's quite obvious that Tolbert is a superior athlete compared to D-Will, :roll: but last I checked Charles looks fast and can catch the ball. Why not use him?

5. B.Marshall, A.Johnson, L.Fitzgerald.............. My anger has turned into sadness :cry:

6. Is it possible for a team to have Eli and Bush and not score over 100 pts this week? :o

7. Blackmon and Meachem have great measurables.................. That's all I have, next

8. DMC and CJ2k............see above
Would this be a bad time to ask for a refund on my ScoutPro subscription? :lol:

Just kidding Nelson....that is some good stuff that I enjoyed checking out. Keep up the good work! :D

Billy - Yesterday made me feel like I know a lot about nothing.

At least your not the poor guy who asked me the Start-Sit question. Pick 2 A.Johnson-H.Nicks-E.Decker-D.Bowe..... Guess which 2 I told him to go with? :oops:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

chriseibl

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:53 pm

meh, i had andre and decker so far ahead of hobbling nicks and bogged down by his offense bowe this week that i think andre and decker were easy choices. i'm sure a lot of people were victims of making the right choice this week.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

chriseibl wrote:meh, i had andre and decker so far ahead of hobbling nicks and bogged down by his offense bowe this week that i think andre and decker were easy choices. i'm sure a lot of people were victims of making the right choice this week.
I agree and that's what I was getting at before. There's no question this game can be very frustrating but one thing I no longer do is get frustrated when I make what I consider to be a good call. Starting Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Darren McFadden and Jamaal Charles were all good calls this week. They all stunk it up but that's the football gods kicking those owners in the nads. If you're going to play this game and enjoy it - and personally I love it - you have to accept that there are going to be weeks when you can do the right thing, the intelligent thing and still have it kill you. That doesn't mean you have to enjoy it but I'm not going to beat myself up for making a good call that didn't end up working out.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm

mattjb wrote:
Sandman62 wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing what type of offense the Texans run once they aren't playing absolute pushover teams. Over the next 5 games, they'll face 3 teams that might require them to pass more: DEN, GB and BAL.
Translation: I drafted Matt Schaub as a starting QB.
Haha, yes, in 3 of 15 leagues (2 DCs). :roll: It couldn't also be that we and countless others drafted Andre on many more teams?

I get it though that you don't think much of our Schaub pick in an Online. But they won't play the Dolphins and Jags every week. I'm pretty sure they won't hold some of their upcoming opponents to < 17 mins time of possession like they did the Jags.

particra

Post by particra » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Texans threw the 3rd fewest passes in NFL last year and had by far the fewest WR targets (202). AJ back this year will result in an uptick, but their running game is who they are and their defense is too good for there to be many shootouts where they abandon the run.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:00 pm

You do realize that Andre and Schaub only played FOUR games together last year? And that they also lost their 2nd QB? Would you let TJ Yates sling it to Kevin Walter? The year before, they threw more than ran - and that was Foster's breakout year.

I think it's a little early to declare that their offense is just like last year's, given that they've only faced two weak opponents so far. I see a half dozen or so opponents that could be shootouts. Check back in a month or so.
Last edited by Sandman62 on Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Houston only had 117 receptions by WR's last year which ranked them right up there with Baltimore at115 and SF at 144. There's no doubt they will throw more this year than last but it won't be enough that will lead to consistent production for Andre. He'll be top 10 but his day of over 100 receptions are probably over.

I know Sandman has a man crush on Schaub but he spent all summer smoking crack so...... :mrgreen:

One thought, isn't fantasy football a mixture of two things. Hitting the huge breakout guy later in drafts (Spiller) while avoiding the early draft land mines (Chris Johnson). That's my formula for success haha.

Wayne