ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Old School

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Post by Old School » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:20 pm

That was the worst officiating game I've ever seen...and I've seen some bad ones. That call was the worst call ever. Not only was it CLEARLY an interception, Tate pushed off right in from of the refs. Do they live in Seattle? If I was a Packer fan, I'd sue the NFL for negligence.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote: The officials are bad, but they aren't just going to award the TD if the reviews showed a clear interception by rule.
You don't think these officials were thinking "what is going to happen to us if we reverse this call?" They were scared to reverse it.....period.

CALI CARTEL

Post by CALI CARTEL » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 pm

JETS SB wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:Watching the same game as you guys, Tate has two arms around the ball, just the same as Jennings. Just because Jennings had it first, doesn't give him possession or the interception until he completes the catch to the ground. Before the catch is completed, Tate has the ball just as much as Jennings -- and this is what was shown during the review. The officials are bad, but they aren't just going to award the TD if the reviews showed a clear interception by rule.
WRONG
Your opinion, my opinion, c'est la vie. At least mine got played out on the field, no matter how much you think you know, the replacement officials know the rules better than you.

blastik

Post by blastik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 pm

This is just shameful and embarrassing. I'm not a Packers or Seahawks fan, and this is beyond comical. For the refs to take five minutes to look at the replay and STILL call it a touchdown is mind boggling. The NFL is going to lose fans if they don't fix this referee situation, QUICK. I know I certainly don't want to be a witness to this crap.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:30 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
CALI CARTEL wrote:Watching the same game as you guys, Tate has two arms around the ball, just the same as Jennings. Just because Jennings had it first, doesn't give him possession or the interception until he completes the catch to the ground. Before the catch is completed, Tate has the ball just as much as Jennings -- and this is what was shown during the review. The officials are bad, but they aren't just going to award the TD if the reviews showed a clear interception by rule.
WRONG
Your opinion, my opinion, c'est la vie. At least mine got played out on the field, no matter how much you think you know, the replacement officials know the rules better than you.
Its not an "opinion".. its fact.. including EVERYONE who saw the call except one ref (not the other one, who clearly was calling interception by calling time out.) and YOU.

jdferenc

Post by jdferenc » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:40 pm

silas dain wrote:or how many guys had GB-3!
My buddy had $500 on GB -3. He's not in a good mood at the moment...
Josh Ferenc
2005 NFFC Classic Champion
Free-Rolling In The NFFC For Life Baby!

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 am

particra wrote:The pass interference call on GB on the previous drive was even worse. So was the roughing the passer call. Disaster.
Plus, Tate committed Pass Interference on the play when he pushed off.

It gave me the Win in the Diamond, but it feels sort of weird because it's totally undeserved.

I'll take it though, because I've lost plenty of games where I felt I was screwed over...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

boutrous11

Post by boutrous11 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:05 am

silver lining: the NFL will give the refs what they want after this disaster of a weekend and we won't have to go through this again.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:45 pm

boutrous11 wrote:silver lining: the NFL will give the refs what they want after this disaster of a weekend and we won't have to go through this again.
I disagree. Goodell will not give in. He's an ego maniac and has convinced himself that breaking the Union is in the best interest of the league in the long haul. He will not cave.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:11 pm

CALI CARTEL wrote:I get a win because my opponent had GB defense and went for 8 to 3 with that TD, I guess I'll take it.

I officiated High School Football for a few years (which probably makes me more qualified than half of tonight's crew), but the problem with this play is, if you can ignore the blatant Offensive PI that can't be called during a review, then the play as ruled and reviewed actually is correct by the rulebook.

What happens in the air during a catch is meaningless in today's NFL, it's what happens as you go to the ground and complete the catch. Jennings (GB safety) had the ball first, however when Golden Tate wraps both of his arms around the ball on the way to the ground, when they land, both players have their arms wrapped around the ball simultaneously -- it's irrelevant that Jennings had it first. A simultaneous catch always goes to the Offense, and during review there's no where near enough evidence to overturn a "simultaneous" catch that was called on the field.

You may be a Packer fan and say "Bull Shit", you might be a Seattle fan and say, "Tate had the ball anyways", but from a neutral perspective who has minor officiating experience, the ruling field isn't nearly as big of a joke as the world thinks it is right now -- and I would expect a statement from the NFL pointing out something to the like tomorrow backing up this officiating crew.

I think the real lesson is "KNOCK IT DOWN"
I believe what you are saying is what the NFL came out and confirmed today. That is, the simultaneous possession rule takes effect if both players are going to the ground on a jump ball and both end up with it in their hands when they hit the ground. It does not seem to matter who had both hands around it first. Seems crazy, but I think I get it. The NFL also made mention that maybe offensive pass interference was overlooked on the play.... No kidding.

Pete