SOLD OUT: Aug. 30 New York 12-Team Auction League

76erfan

Re: Is There Interest In A 2nd New York Auction?

Post by 76erfan » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:27 am

nobody cares what you think lowry!

actually yeah....a triple header with 14/12/super like Glenn suggested would work well.....

how about 11 am 14 teamer......4 pm 12 teamer.....super 730ish?

last year's 14 teamer took 4.5 i believe even with a phone hookup with chicago and a really long break due to a fire alarm in chicago.

just a thought......one negative about a triple header is i would probably really be sick of lowy by end of day/weekend

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 am

I'd prefer not to change the time of the 14-team auction since that has already sold out and everyone signed up for it knowing the starting time. But I'm not opposed to an earlier start if all 14 owners agree to it. For now, let's proceed with the plan that the 14-team auction will start at Noon. If we got the 14-team auction done in 4.5 hours, we could in theory start a 12-team auction at 5 ET. Starting at 5 ET would allow us to hook up with Chicago if we needed to and everyone in Chicago was willing to switch to a 12-team format. That's one option that could be looked at depending on how signups continue in Chicago and if we are able to generate interest in another auction in NY.

The Super is scheduled to start at 6 pm ET. We could push that back until 7:30 or maybe even 8 and still be done by 10. Again, though, we need everyone who has signed up to agree to it. Pushing the starting time back 90 minutes or two hours is a big move so we need to be sure everyone would be fine with that.

But these are all good ideas so keep 'em coming.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

edelman24

Post by edelman24 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:36 pm

triple header?! :mrgreen: sounds like a plan to me...

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:43 am

i think you filled the 12 team auction if made into a triple header..all in ny.

you would have me,edelman,lowy for sure...and scott paige i think too? also clampitt moved to nyc..maybe him too. he was in auction last year as well.

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:43 am

I would be in. rather a 12 team to change it up and would be nice if 1st auction was moved up to 11am
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:57 am

yeah my recommendation is 11/4 and 8

Tom...if you want..i can ask the super participants if a later start works....I will wait for your direction tho

and def a 12 teamer for some variety after the 14 teamer.....earlier in day

marisschris

Post by marisschris » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:24 am

Tom,

I'm with Glenn. A 12 teamer between the 14 team Auction and the Super works for me. 5pm on the same Friday.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 am

OK this all is sounding good. In order to make this work this is what I think we'll need to do as far as the schedule goes:

11 am ET: 14-Team Auction
4 pm ET - 12-Team Auction
8 pm ET - Super

Again, we need to make sure everyone in the Noon Auction and Super are OK with moving the starting times for those events. If everyone signs off we can get the ball rolling and see where it takes us. Andy, feel free to contact the Super participants and I'll reach out to the Noon auction folks. Frank and Dave have already consented to the time changes and anyone else who is in one or both of those events can also let me know in this thread if these new times would work.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 am

Keep in mind this is all tentative at the moment but so far here are the folks who have said they're in for a 12-team league at 4 pm ET.

NEW YORK 12-Team Auction League
Friday, Aug. 30, 4 pm ET
1. Jeff Clampitt, Plainfield, Indiana
2. Scott Paige, Battle Creek, Michigan
3. Frank Mammola, North White Plains, New York
4. Andy Saxton, Bear, Delaware
5. Dave Martino, Melville, New York
6. Michael Edelman, Elmwood Park, New Jersey
7. Glenn Lowy, Farmingville, New York

That's a pretty good start for something I just thought about this past weekend. :D If I missed someone or put someone on the list by mistake let me know.

Once again, this is contingent on everyone in the Noon auction and the Super agreeing to the new starting times. But it looks like we have some momentum going here so let's see where this takes us. :)
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 am

i emailed king of queens, greenberg, vaccaro and nelson to gauge their ability to do super at 8 and also ask if they want to do 12 teamer at 4. i am pretty sure one or two will want to do both.

keep ya posted.