Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Greg Ambrosius

Re: Tom & Greg LIVE CHAT Today At 3 pm ET

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:58 pm

mattjb wrote:Which rookie RB ends up with more fantasy points, Monte Ball or Le`Von Bell?

I've seen these two yoyo in terms of who gets drafted higher all summer. I'm in the Bell camp just because his competition looks less crowded and less talented but what do you think?
I'm going to disagree with Tom slightly here, although right from the draft I felt that Bell had the best situation as far as the rookies were concerned. He has a chance to be the fulltime back in Pittsburgh and to produce 1,200 yard seasons. He was a bull in the Big Ten last year and he can catch passes, too. I agree he is the best situation to produce right away.

But when I look at Denver and I look at Montee Ball, I just see a perfect situation. Look at Ronnie Hillman and tell me if he's the type of back that John Fox wants every down. NO WAY. He's smallish. Ball is a masher, a bellcow back who can catch passes. I really think he's going to take this job and perform like a top RB2. I think at the end of the year Ball is going to be one of the top fantasy backs in an offense that is clicking on all cylinders. Peyton is going to make Montee look GREAT just like Russell Wilson did for him at Wisconsin in 2011.

My pick is Ball here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:59 pm

Welcome to our Live Chat for the next hour. We need questions or otherwise it's just me and Tom talking to each other...and we do that every day anyway!! :lol: C'mon, let's see some smart ass questions and some intelligent questions. WE'RE HERE FOR YOU!! 8-)

GAME ON. Let's start this thing. Who's got a question?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:02 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Who are your surprise team candidates for this year? St. Louis looks poised for some uptick in wins and offensive production. I know Buffalo and Jax look horrible in most eyes but I believe they can be 8-8 type teams and produce some fantasy bargains. Lets start with Jaxville. MJD if healthy will be a very nice RB2. Blackmon and Shorts will make very nice WR threes. Joeckel at Left Tackle should make a difference here as well. My beloved Bills will make a run at the Pats this year. EJ Manuel looks a lot like Cam Newton. All the talent is there. He showed a nice pocket presence and good running ability as well. Doug Marrone looks like the best Head Coach they have had since Marv Levy. We know what CJ can do and Marrone will give him the Ball plenty. The Bills offense is up tempo and Im sure will have wrinkles not seen yet (maybe read option?). Buffalo has a nice front 4 and a much more aggressive approach this year on defense. Keep your eyes on the Bills.
I think Arizona could be a surprise team with Carson Palmer leading the charge, however, that's already a very tough division with San Francisco and Seattle and now St. Louis improving. But look at the Cardinals upfront and you see physical play on both sides of the ball and Bruce Arians is going to be creative with that offense. This league is all about QB play and Carson Palmer still has a strong enough arm to make these wideouts fantasy relevant. Michael Floyd is going to be a good WR2 for the Cardinals.

Rams and Chiefs are the sexy picks. I think Buffalo will be much improved and so will Arizona. Can Detroit finish second in the NFC North? I think they can finish higher than Minnesota and Chicago, but not higher than the Packers!! :mrgreen:

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:03 pm

How are Tom and Greg setting their KDS this year for 12 or 14 team leagues with no 3RR?

You prefer front, middle or back?

Any different strategy for a cutline with no 3RR?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:05 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:which ram rb will lead the way for them. stacy seems to be falling behind and pead couldn't beat drich out last year. which guy has the value here.
Richardson clearly. In one Rotowire Online Championship draft last night, Daryl Richardson went 5.10, Pead went 9.2 and Stacy went 18.7. That's a pretty wide discrepency in value according to NFFC owners and we agree.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:06 pm

I always want the elite players so I always prefer a top pick if I can get it. There's so much talent in the first round this year that I'm honestly good with straight 1-12. Given the value of 3RR, though, I may go something like that 1-6, 12-7 because three Top 25 picks is a nice perk this year with all the talent available late in the first and early in the second.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

76erfan

Post by 76erfan » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Who are some players that you just avoid at all costs in drafts, perhaps because of them failing your teams in the past, or maybe you just dont like them but they always seem to go high in drafts?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:09 pm

BLACKHAND wrote:everyone love spiller. how do you see him. i think the bills are a 4-5 win team ( sorry david.. :) )new coaching staff , small window of past work , plays on a team that will be behind in the second half of most games. do you see possible bust here.
Good question Frank. Like I said on the Rotowire Fantasy Football show yesterday on SiriusXM, that coach who said they were going to give Spiller the ball "until he threw up" was talking DIRECTLY to fantasy football owners and speaking their language!! I mean, that's the best quote I've ever heard from an NFL coach. No bullshitting around the question, just saying that he was going to give him the ball until he had nothing left. That's what we want to hear.

Could he be a bust? Absolutely, if he gets hurt. But that's the case with all backs. I think the Bills can win 6 or 7 games in that division, I really do. Marone is going to change the entire offensive attitude there and they need it. I like Spiller and I'd take him 6th overall all day long. Anything can happen to small backs, but this guy can hit a home run at any moment of the game and I think he's a worthy pick.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:15 pm

76erfan wrote:How are Tom and Greg setting their KDS this year for 12 or 14 team leagues with no 3RR?

You prefer front, middle or back?

Any different strategy for a cutline with no 3RR?
When there is no 3RR, Tom and I both want the highest pick possible. Why not? Anytime you can get the best available player you want the chance, right?

The 10-team format is another one where I'd want the highest pick possible, but geez sitting at the 10-11 turn isn't so bad either. These are popular because 1) the price is right; 2) everyone leaves feeling good about their team; 3) they don't take long to draft; and 4) the grand prize and playoff format are pretty sweet. With the demand we are seeing this year, I could see where next year the grand prize jumps way above $50,000, maybe even starting at $100,000 for a $125 entry fee. How cool would that be?

And there's no doubt that we will find a suitable $125 contest with a $50,000 grand prize contest for baseball as well. It can't be a Cutline type format because baseball is so different, but we do think there is a suitable game there for this price point that can grow to 2,000+ teams. We're on it.

We also have some ideas for future in-season games separate from what we're running here. The future looks bright in a lot of different ways.

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:18 pm

76erfan wrote:Who are some players that you just avoid at all costs in drafts, perhaps because of them failing your teams in the past, or maybe you just dont like them but they always seem to go high in drafts?
As Greg and I have talked about a lot on the Sirius show Brady really scares me this year where he's being drafted. He's typically going Top 4 among QBs and I can't take him there given the massive issues New England has to overcome in the passing game.

I highly doubt Chris Ivory will be on any of my teams unless the value is ridiculous.

I'm not buying the Ryan Tannehill hype. He's outside my Top 25 so I won't have him on any of my teams this year.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich