Amendola lasted 28 minutes

TR

Re: Amendola lasted 28 minutes

Post by TR » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:15 pm

JETS SB wrote:
TR wrote:
KenGill wrote:It makes a lot of sense. We've played one game. If Amendola stays healthy for the season I will reconsider my opinion.
Welker is going to the hall of fame. Amendola -- don't think so.
Neither is going to the hall of fame
I am not a Welker fan at all but even I admit, once all is said and done, he will be in the hall of fame. I saw a stat where he has more receptions than 18 of the 22 receivers in the hall of fame and a few more years of production, he will have more yards than most of them too. Granted he hasn't won a super bowl yet, WRs aren't judged for super bowl rings. I think he is a lock.
I don't think u can measure welker against the previous hall of famers...he has played in very pass happy offenses in totally different eras. And he has mainly caught his receptions in the slot so he should have a ton. I think he is a far from a lock without having won a Super Bowl. Welker has no SBs and he has never been considered the best WR of his era in any season..and a few times he hasn't even been the best on his team..(Randy Moss, D Thomas). I would put in guy like Hines Ward in over Welker...championships matter in cases like these.

chriseibl

Re: Amendola lasted 28 minutes

Post by chriseibl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:21 pm

I agree that it's fair to question whether he deserves to be a hall of famer for the reasons you mentioned. I think he'll likely get in regardless. Cris Carter had some of the same criticisms (no super bowl, Moss was more feared on his own team, Jake Reed was pretty much equally feared by opposing defenses).