Giants at Bears

ForLoveOfTheGame

Re: Giants at Bears

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Eli is a no doubt hall of famer in my eyes. I mean everyone says that about Brady (some say he's the best ever, Peyton HAS and always will be the best ever but thats a different conversation), Eli has beaten him TWICE in the SUPER BOWL... how could he not be??? He's not Trent Dilfer for God's sake
mattjb wrote:Heartbreaking to see the holes for Brandon Jacobs tonight. The 16 yard carry in the 1st quarter would have been a 95 yard TD for Wilson :(
I couldnt agree more with this statement. Every week I watch some team split the carries and they get a 15 yard run (like Lawfirm) and the head coach is smiling when if they just gave every carry to the best RB on the team (Giovani) they would have gotten a long TD or a much bigger gain. And if you think 1 RB can't handle these big work loads please join every league I am in for the rest of time.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:18 pm

ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Eli is a no doubt hall of famer in my eyes. I mean everyone says that about Brady (some say he's the best ever, Peyton HAS and always will be the best ever but thats a different conversation), Eli has beaten him TWICE in the SUPER BOWL... how could he not be??? He's not Trent Dilfer for God's sake
Agreed. Once you do what Eli has done in 2 superbowl runs, against all odds, you have one step in the door. On top of that, the guy will end up putting up hall of fame numbers in the regular season as well, while never missing a game. If we are going on the notion that interceptions are what will keep Eli out, then I can name a lot of QBs in the hall of fame with a higher percentage of interceptions vs touchdowns.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:21 pm

cass wrote:Eli Manning a HOFer? haaaaaaaaa.......that's hysterical....forget about this year...u think 2 "fortunate" SB wins...and i put that nicely make u a HOFer?
I believe Eli is a better QB then Aikman ever was. If any QB had a better supporting cast than Troy let me know. Aikman was always getting hurt even behind a great O-line. Manning came up big when needed. He is a Hall of Famer just not a great Fantasy QB. 2 more rings than Marino and Kelly. Those Giant teams weren't juggernauts or even Favored.

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:29 pm

I think Eli eventually gets in but he's in no way a sure fire lock first time on the ballot. Yes, he's had some great playoff runs but he's far from a consistent QB. The guy is a turnover machine, always has been. His two rings will definitely help his case and a lot of voters boost a resume when it includes multiple championships.

For me though, he doesn't pass the eye test. When I watch the guy play, the overwhelming majority of the time I am not thinking, "This guy is so great, he's a hall of famer."
Go Big Red!

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

Eli is ABSOLUTELY a hall of famer. TWO super bowl MVPs and his team has had one season with a losing record, up until this year. He will be a lock for the hall of fame, when all is said and done. Amazing how people soon forget. This is the NFL and 6 games doesn't take away 2 super bowl MVPs and victories.[/quote]

agree. he beat a guy named brady twice. enuf said...lock it up.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

renman

Post by renman » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:44 am

JETS SB wrote:He has surpassed other "hall of fame" QBs such as Bob Griese and Troy Aikman, in career passing yds and TDs, while posting his best work in the playoffs, 8-3, including 2 super bowl victories and MVPs and without him, they would have never won (unlike Big Ben, whose teams won despite him)
I agree with the points made about Eli and how he cannot and should not be judged on this poor start to the season. I also agree he will be a hall of famer. Many variables impact a QB's productivity that are outside of the QB's control. Eli has been a great, bordering on elite QB. Having said that, I believe Big Ben has been a better pure player. I think Ben has done more, with less. I would disagree that they won the second super bowl 'in spite of him." He did orchestrate the winning TD drive. Keep in mind he took a 3rd team to the super bowl too and a fourth to the brink of a super bowl. I think he has been a better individual play maker than Eli. He has regularly played with a below average offensive line where as Eli has not until this year. He has been a better player in the red zone, on 3rd down and under pressure of the rush than Eli. Both are great, Ben a little better in my opinion.

TR

Post by TR » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:55 am

renman wrote:
JETS SB wrote:He has surpassed other "hall of fame" QBs such as Bob Griese and Troy Aikman, in career passing yds and TDs, while posting his best work in the playoffs, 8-3, including 2 super bowl victories and MVPs and without him, they would have never won (unlike Big Ben, whose teams won despite him)
I agree with the points made about Eli and how he cannot and should not be judged on this poor start to the season. I also agree he will be a hall of famer. Many variables impact a QB's productivity that are outside of the QB's control. Eli has been a great, bordering on elite QB. Having said that, I believe Big Ben has been a better pure player. I think Ben has done more, with less. I would disagree that they won the second super bowl 'in spite of him." He did orchestrate the winning TD drive. Keep in mind he took a 3rd team to the super bowl too and a fourth to the brink of a super bowl. I think he has been a better individual play maker than Eli. He has regularly played with a below average offensive line where as Eli has not until this year. He has been a better player in the red zone, on 3rd down and under pressure of the rush than Eli. Both are great, Ben a little better in my opinion.
Ben clearly better than Eli...Ben's career qb rating is over 90...Eli's is barely over 80. And as far as surpassing Griese and Aikman in career passing yards and TDs...that's not saying much..totally different era where the rules have changed so much to inflate QB stats...not to mention Griese was playing in 14 game seasons. If Eli makes it, I don't see him as first ballot at this point.

TR

Post by TR » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:59 am

JETS SB wrote:
ForLoveOfTheGame wrote:Eli is a no doubt hall of famer in my eyes. I mean everyone says that about Brady (some say he's the best ever, Peyton HAS and always will be the best ever but thats a different conversation), Eli has beaten him TWICE in the SUPER BOWL... how could he not be??? He's not Trent Dilfer for God's sake
Agreed. Once you do what Eli has done in 2 superbowl runs, against all odds, you have one step in the door. On top of that, the guy will end up putting up hall of fame numbers in the regular season as well, while never missing a game. If we are going on the notion that interceptions are what will keep Eli out, then I can name a lot of QBs in the hall of fame with a higher percentage of interceptions vs touchdowns.
What hall of fame numbers in regular season? Numbers like leading the league in INTs THREE seasons...a very average QB rating barely over 80 in a passing league where the rules considerably favor QBs? You can name alot of QBs in hall of fame with higher percentage of interceptions vs touchdowns but they played in totally different era so wouldn't be a valid comparison.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:10 pm

TR wrote:
JETS SB wrote:
What hall of fame numbers in regular season? Numbers like leading the league in INTs THREE seasons...a very average QB rating barely over 80 in a passing league where the rules considerably favor QBs? You can name alot of QBs in hall of fame with higher percentage of interceptions vs touchdowns but they played in totally different era so wouldn't be a valid comparison.
If he only plays 5 more years, he will have approx. 50,000 passing yards and 340-350 TDs, along with 2 superbowl MVPs and wins. He is in the hall of fame and it isn't even remotely close. I cannot believe I am even arguing this for a guy I don't like, but I see a guy who did the unthinkable twice, in the playoffs and win superbowls. And interceptions is the only argument... :lol:

TR

Post by TR » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:02 am

If he only plays 5 more years, he will have approx. 50,000 passing yards and 340-350 TDs, along with 2 superbowl MVPs and wins. He is in the hall of fame and it isn't even remotely close. I cannot believe I am even arguing this for a guy I don't like, but I see a guy who did the unthinkable twice, in the playoffs and win superbowls. And interceptions is the only argument... :lol:[/quote]

Interceptions is the only argument? You must have missed his very average qb rating. Not to mention you think Ben's teams won in spite of him...nevermind he has also won 2 SBs and been to 3 SBs...now that is worth a :lol: