What a week......

bald is beautiful

Re: What a week......

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:51 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Henry Muto wrote:Deja Vu all over again like last year
Um.....didn't your OL team back into the playoffs last year and win 100K?
Exactly what I thought when I read his post. If it is deja vu, he should be happy!!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:55 am

kjduke wrote:Speaking of sick, I just lost a Primetime title because of that last dropped pass by Washington and/or because of the officials screwing up on that first down call.

This, after it looked like I had it locked up early before Manning put up 45+ to make it close. :evil:

I also would've won had my only other TE not played Thursday, forcing me to start Thomas who sounded like a go back on Thursday. How many stupid things can all come together just perfectly for a loss?
That hurts. No way we can know what to do with a TE decision on Thursday when teams are not forthcoming with info.

And Pierre Garcon needs alot more stickum. He drops SO many passes. Why didn't he get mad at himself after screwing up like he did at RG3 when he kicked the ball into the stands?

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:55 am

Henry Muto wrote:Deja Vu all over again like last year I have a team go 10-3 and miss everything no league playoffs no overall playoffs no money...another team will finish 2nd in the league in points once Graham scores 7 pts tomorrow pushing me just out of 1st in points and another team went 10-3 with less points getting best record so again 2nd in pts no money no league playoffs now I just have to hope for a wildcard spot but like who is really going to finish in the top 25 overall ? I mean it can happen but really what are the odds ? Not good.

Signed,

Frustrated
I will sign up for your version of "frustrated" any time. ;)

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:19 pm

BillyWaz wrote:you gotta love it (or in my case hate it MUCH more) when ONE guy can pretty much determine if you win or lose arguably the biggest week of the year...

Yes, I am talking to you.....Eric Decker, Alshon Jeffery, and Josh Gordon.

Anyone have all 3? It was certainly possible.
I have Jeffery and Gordon on my OLC team, along with Manning, and I scored 219 points. It sounds great but I was making the overall playoffs anyway. Now if those were stats for week 14, I would be in pretty good shape. Considering this is the only team I didn't draft Julio Jones and Randall Cobb, I have no choice but to hope on this team, as its the only one that made the playoffs. It was a rough year. This is all I have left -

P Manning
A Morris
F Gore
A Jeffery
J Gordon
D Jackson
M Crabtree
T Gonzalez

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:20 pm

JETS SB wrote:
BillyWaz wrote:you gotta love it (or in my case hate it MUCH more) when ONE guy can pretty much determine if you win or lose arguably the biggest week of the year...

Yes, I am talking to you.....Eric Decker, Alshon Jeffery, and Josh Gordon.

Anyone have all 3? It was certainly possible.
I have Jeffery and Gordon on my OLC team, along with Manning, and I scored 219 points. It sounds great but I was making the overall playoffs anyway. Now if those were stats for week 14, I would be in pretty good shape. Considering this is the only team I didn't draft Julio Jones and Randall Cobb, I have no choice but to hope on this team, as its the only one that made the playoffs. It was a rough year. This is all I have left -

P Manning
A Morris
F Gore
A Jeffery
J Gordon
D Jackson
M Crabtree
T Gonzalez
Take a look at who Crabtree faces in Week 16. Something tells me he's going to win a lot of fantasy titles that week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Henry Muto wrote:Deja Vu all over again like last year I have a team go 10-3 and miss everything no league playoffs no overall playoffs no money...another team will finish 2nd in the league in points once Graham scores 7 pts tomorrow pushing me just out of 1st in points and another team went 10-3 with less points getting best record so again 2nd in pts no money no league playoffs now I just have to hope for a wildcard spot but like who is really going to finish in the top 25 overall ? I mean it can happen but really what are the odds ? Not good.

Signed,

Frustrated
CHAMP, is this your Gryphons team you're talking about? If so, you and another team will finish 10-3, but right now he is 80 points ahead of you. The team that is second in points is going to be 9-4. I understand the frustration of going 10-3 and not making the playoffs, but I don't think anyone wants us to give two playoff spots based on W-L record. Sometimes good just isn't enough to get into the Championship Round. This is what I'm seeing from that league:

KwatzTips Eric Kuitu 1928.85 (10-3)
Nymph Lovers Steven Willis 1864.65 (9-4)
Gryphons Henry Muto 1848.5 (10-3)

Now, we can definitely look at adding a third Championship Round team from each league to simulate the playoff format we have in the Primetime and in that case you would be in the Championship Round, without any league money, though. We'll analyze that part of our contest for 2014 when this season is complete. But it does look like you have a few other teams battling for the $100,000 grand prize, so good luck going forward.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Henry Muto

Post by Henry Muto » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I wouldn't change anything I am just venting...hoping it ends like last year....lol

I had 2 other teams finish 2nd in total points and miss league playoffs so those 2 are actually more frustrating because H2H is more luck...the 1 problem I had with the 1 team and there is nothing you can do about it because that is just the way people are is a guy in my league where I went 10-3 he was 1-3 and finished 10-3 and at the end of the year I couldn't pass him as a few times teams who played him gave up on their team played injured or bye players so I really had a hard time catching him.

Such is life though in the world of FF. I should still get in that same magic number as I did last year 4 teams into the finals...pretty sure I have no chance finishing in the top 25 this year though :twisted:
2023 NFFC Cutline Champion and 4th place ($90,000) (1720 teams)
2014 RTS Fantasy Championship National Champion ($200,000) (2460 teams)
2012 NFFC Online National Champion and 4th place ($110,000 winner) (1872 teams)
2014 DFWC National Champion (288 teams)

Jersey Dawg

Post by Jersey Dawg » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:41 am

Ouch - I got bumped out of my Primetime League leading points by 3.5 points by a team scoring 213 this week due mainly to Jeffery and Gordon. My bad I suppose because my brain thought I had a comfortable lead heading into the last week so I benched Ryan Mathews (hamstring risk) and played my shiny new WR Justin Hunter instead just in case Mathews was declared inactive at 4:25. O-U-C-H.

To make matters worse, the guy with the best record was 10th in points, so I had to settle for 3rd place. O-U-C-H again.

Pete

CoMoHusker

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:33 pm

I would be all for adding a third Championship round team from each league but would want the third team in to be the best record team with the top two teams in points getting the league money and advancing to the Championship round. Again, there is too much luck in H2H record.
Go Big Red!