Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

ALL-IN JD - Football

Re: Where Would Josh Gordon Go Today In The NFFC?

Post by ALL-IN JD - Football » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:10 pm

I have one very dumb question. The Browns have ZERO running game. They have a marginal QB at best. They have NO second WR worth mentioning so why would you not take Gordon away and let the Browns beat you some other way????

particra

Post by particra » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:29 pm

ALL-IN JD - Football wrote:I have one very dumb question. The Browns have ZERO running game. They have a marginal QB at best. They have NO second WR worth mentioning so why would you not take Gordon away and let the Browns beat you some other way????
You can guarantee that Belicheck will do exactly that this week.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Maybe Cameron provides enough threat to help Gordon from being triple teamed. I know Gordon is great but he is probably being over targeted. The Browns did lose.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I think if the Cardinals ever provide blocking for their QB Michael Floyd and Fitz will be top ten WRs!!

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:06 pm

David U Kennedy wrote:Maybe Cameron provides enough threat to help Gordon from being triple teamed. I know Gordon is great but he is probably being over targeted. The Browns did lose.
How can a guy be overtargeted when he is trouncing the competition? A team has to actually stop him before he could be overtargeted.

He is one of a handful of guys who can take the 12 yard pass and turn it into 25+ in a blink.

Edit to add - He's pushing top 5 WR's for me. He's still learning to play WR, and if he ever decides to put forth maximum effort on every play, he will be sensational.
Last edited by bald is beautiful on Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

particra wrote:
ALL-IN JD - Football wrote:I have one very dumb question. The Browns have ZERO running game. They have a marginal QB at best. They have NO second WR worth mentioning so why would you not take Gordon away and let the Browns beat you some other way????
You can guarantee that Belicheck will do exactly that this week.
I think the chances of you being correct are about 80-90%. This will be interesting to see if they force him the ball, or if he still gets garbage time stats.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:27 pm

bald is beautiful wrote:
David U Kennedy wrote:Maybe Cameron provides enough threat to help Gordon from being triple teamed. I know Gordon is great but he is probably being over targeted. The Browns did lose.
How can a guy be overtargeted when he is trouncing the competition? A team has to actually stop him before he could be overtargeted.

He is one of a handful of guys who can take the 12 yard pass and turn it into 25+ in a blink.

Edit to add - He's pushing top 5 WR's for me. He's still learning to play WR, and if he ever decides to put forth maximum effort on every play, he will be sensational.
He can be over targeted if the QB is throwing a lot of INT's or getting balls batted away. Gordon is doing great but I wouldn't over- react. Megatron, Fitzgerald, Dez, and Green are the best WRs in the league. Gordon could ascend to their level next year. We will see. I don't see him being better or a cut above those guys. Gordon just happens to be getting the targets and probably weak ass defenses. This isn't Tecmo Bowl it's the NFL. Defenses will adjust and Gordon will come back to Earth. Remember the Browns lost both games Josh went big in. A lot of garbage time last week.

David U Kennedy

Post by David U Kennedy » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 pm

If Gordon was unstoppable and "trouncing the competition" the Browns should be winning too.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Megatron 1st Round
Dez 1st Round
Julio- late 1st early 2nd
Green- late 1st early 2nd
D Thomas- late 1st early 2nd
Gordon 2nd
A Brown 2nd
Jeffery 2nd
Fitz 2nd
Cobb 3rd
V Jax 3rd
D Jax 3rd
A Johnson 3rd
Cruz 3rd
Jordy 3rd

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:53 pm

Tom Kessenich wrote:I'm a Julio Jones Fan Boy so it'd be tough to put Gordon ahead of Julio, who I have ranked No. 2 behind Megatron. I have Dez third (he and Julio are pretty much interchangeable for me). After that, I would probably put Gordon fourth. One thing to keep in mind is Eric Decker is a FA after this season. If the Broncos don't keep him, that should make Demaryius Thomas even more appealing - and he's already really good to begin with. But assuming Decker stays in Denver I could see my Top 10 WRs looking something like this for next season:

1. Calvin
2. Julio
3. Dez
4. Gordon
5. A.J. Green
6. Demaryius Thomas
7. Brandon Marshall
8. Jordy Nelson
9. Antonio Brown
10. Andre Johnson
what gordon has that these other guys do not have is a one year ban hanging over his head. he is only one party away from a wasted pick. this was the year to grab him. next year you are going to pay a higher price with a large risk / reward.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN